Thread: Tanks In Legion

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tanks In Legion

Damage tuning still going on so I realize Prot Pala is insane right now but what about mobility and surviving?

How are tanks looking in general?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Damage tuning still going on so I realize Prot Pala is insane right now but what about mobility and surviving?

How are tanks looking in general?
    i'd suggest you browse the palladin speci. threads or just look on youtube, there are gesillion vids about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    i'd suggest you browse the palladin speci. threads or just look on youtube, there are gesillion vids about it :P
    Indeed Prot Pally are crazy broken and will get 'fixed' for sure, but other than damage how would people compare the 'feel' of tanks in Legion?

I have hopes that blizzard will actually tune numbers. A lot of things don't seem to add up for a variety of classes, not just tanks. They are getting much hate on the beta feedback forums due to the lack of communication.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I have hopes that blizzard will actually tune numbers. A lot of things don't seem to add up for a variety of classes, not just tanks. They are getting much hate on the beta feedback forums due to the lack of communication.
    This lack of communication reminds me of the WoD Beta, where many issues made it into live even though people pointed them out for MONTHS in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This lack of communication reminds me of the every Beta, where many issues made it into live even though people pointed them out for MONTHS in beta.
    Fixed that, I mean 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0......

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Fixed that, I mean 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0......
    It's never been as bad as it was in WoD. And the same thing is happening now where they were open early on a few months before going live they went quiet even though beta was still in full swing and testing was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's never been as bad as it was in WoD. And the same thing is happening now where they were open early on a few months before going live they went quiet even though beta was still in full swing and testing was going on.
    It's still always gone live terrible every single time. Bottom line they've been bad at beta's forever and have only got worse and not better over 12 years lol, it's so bad.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-05-29 at 09:01 PM.

Last patch on beta, was meant to "fix" tanks dmg, yet after the patch went life, tanks are still insane, and not just Prot palla but also Blood DK. I have a link to a bg stream by savix on "blizzard pull plug on welfare gear" where in that bg top 4 spots in dps/heals done were taken by Prot Pally and Blood Dks.

Not what about unh/frost dks, but from Ret pov, Prot atm is way way better than Ret on Beta for PvP. So unless blizzard will nerf prot specs badly, as of now, there is no point to roll Ret when u have Prot.

Deleted
    basically, tanks in legion or punchbags with lesser abilities than in wod. brew tanking spec is a joke compared to live. i will still level my bear and warrior, unless i decide not to buy legion at all. i mean its the same dev team as wod so dont get your hopes up about tanking..

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    basically, tanks in legion or punchbags with lesser abilities than in wod. brew tanking spec is a joke compared to live. i will still level my bear and warrior, unless i decide not to buy legion at all. i mean its the same dev team as wod so dont get your hopes up about tanking..
    This is PVP discussion not PVE.

Blizzard stated a while back that they want bring Tanks back to rated PvP, so i wouldnt be surprised that specs like Blood and ProtP will be decent/good in Arena, since blizzard wants to give tanks aprox 80-85% DPS dmg? Given Prot Pally's pvp toolkit even with 80% of Rets dmg, it is still more desirable than Ret in Arena at least on paper atm.

RBG wise, i dont have beta, but from streams i watched DH tanks have crazy mobility and that spring/knock back in meta form, which if unchanged, will make them a very decent FC for RBG flag maps.

So u never know guys, maybe Prots will do make a come back in Legion into rated pvp, future nerfs/balancing will show, we will got till end of August.

...man forget rated people are gonna have SO MUCH fun doing randoms in tank spec .. Blood and Pally seems legit .. I mean watching videos on beta and Blood + Pally are fighting for first place on scoreboard ..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should make tanks the "hero units" of the BG, really powerful but each team can only have 1 or 2. Similar to how games like Battlefront let a couple players be Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.

I think the matching starts off with team setup criteria but quickly eases off as wait time increases .. I recall when they had much 'tighter' matching and average wait was over 10min .. was not fun .. so now you can get really strange setups like x5 healers or x4 warlocks but games start pretty fast so its kind of ok..

Got beta yesterday, so naturally I've done some bgs. Less tempted now, as there are no spirit healers.

In any case... blood dks. Omg. Unreal. Note that I don't play blood dk myself, but they are significantly above anyone else in both healing and damage. Don't know about their mobility/gameplay and such but I hope their damage/healing get tuned down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Got beta yesterday, so naturally I've done some bgs. Less tempted now, as there are no spirit healers.

In any case... blood dks. Omg. Unreal. Note that I don't play blood dk myself, but they are significantly above anyone else in both healing and damage. Don't know about their mobility/gameplay and such but I hope their damage/healing get tuned down
    I think blood got nerfed, 3 weeks ago I constantly got 30 kills and about as 2-3 deaths in almost every bg on beta. But this week, I die a lot quicker. Anyway, yes, tanks need's to be fixed, but so does every spec. I can't even test my shadow priest because it dies in 3 seconds against rogues and more.

Active mitigation has been gutted and is much less impactful for most tanks. Tank healing has been all but removed, except for DKs and DH which both depend on it a great deal. DH are crazy mobile I expect to see a lot of them trying to solo sprint/glide flags across maps in a cycle of their own cds. DH having a charge that doesn't need to be targeted and does dmg is almost certainly going to be changed to make it more like a warrior's charge.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I long for a time when devs finally accept that tanks have no place in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I long for a time when devs finally accept that tanks have no place in pvp
    Fuck that, Tank is my favourite thing to play in PvP. It just needs to be done right.

If Blizzard ever completely removed Tanks from PvP they would have to do it for healers as well.