Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasok View Post
    Russia. Watched the movie. As great as it was, i still feel stolen. More than 40th minutes of the film disappeared, and thats why you got so bad RT reward.

I mean, where is the prologue at all? For simple people who don't roam MMO champ and wowpedia?

Yeah agree, its easy too see that legendary maybe got a bit too scared of a 3h movie and allot of things were cut out. Lets hope for the director's cut

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    What's downright astonishing to me is that there are "reviewers" out there - many from big-name press - who haven't even seen the film, but still are condemning it based on nothing but stuff like reading the negative reviews from smaller blogsites run by people wholly unfamiliar with the franchise.
    Well that's the reason why I only trust in Nerdist reviews by now, most of the other movie reviewers don't know shit about superhero movies and often fail to grasp what is important in SciFi or Fantasy genres, for example. While I totally support the abysmal 10% rating for "Dungeons & Dragons" at Rotten Tomatoes (because the movie was awful, the only thing about it was Jeremy Irons as the bad guy), I am sceptical about their other ratings.

Anyway, I liked the movie even with some unintended comical elements there and some changes to the lore of the games (at least the ones I have recognised, I am not a major lore nerd). And the soundtrack is great!

USA critics, you can all go suck Drumpf bollocks and go watch some Drumpf Steaks Movie if you like, the rest of the whole fucking world has been waiting for over 10 years for these movies to happen and it looks fantastic. We couldn't give two shits about these "critics" opinions...

Deleted
    The soundtrack is alright, but it's not Warcraft. I don't get why they didn't get the composers from the games to work on this. WoW has one of the best and most diverse soundtracks of all time. This is nothing special.

They really were between a rock and a hard place, Warcraft has much potienal lore/stories/movies as a star wars or marvel does.

The second Warcraft movie should be about Pandas, China's market is big you know.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why they dont fuckin put the whole movie for free on website already. Everyday they show more and more clips, FOR WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    Why they dont fuckin put the whole movie for free on website already. Everyday they show more and more clips, FOR WHAT?!
    The movie has already hit the torrent sites, and these clips aren't really spoiling much.

I've seen the movie. It was okay, well, more then okay, but I wouldn't rate it 8.2 / 10 like IMDB does at the moment. If it matters I've played Warcraft since the original game up to WoW and read alot of novels. But I will say that I usually have a hard time enjoying action movies overall, they rarely turn out great. Matrix, Inception and Dark Knight being notable exceptions. But I will say this, the trailers don't do the movie justice. After seeing them and knowing Legendary Pictures were behind it I thought it would turn out to be another Suckerpunch / 300 with an abundance of CGI, action and no substance / bad acting and dialogue, but I was wrong.

It isn't as good as the action/fantasy movies in IMDB top 100, but it is probably one of, if not the, best video game adaption I've seen and for a Warcraft-fan it's a must see. I've seen people who never touched the series before enjoy it too. I am quite excited for potential sequels, there is soooo much good stuff in the universe that would make great movies, but therein lies the problem. Too much!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    The second Warcraft movie should be about Pandas, China's market is big you know.
    So true. Those people eat this game for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by b1t View Post
    I've seen the movie. It was okay, well, more then okay, but I wouldn't rate it 8.2 / 10 like IMDB does at the moment. If it matters I've played Warcraft since the original game up to WoW and read alot of novels. But I will say that I usually have a hard time enjoying action movies overall, they rarely turn out great. Matrix, Inception and Dark Knight being notable exceptions. But I will say this, the trailers don't do the movie justice. After seeing them and knowing Legendary Pictures were behind it I thought it would turn out to be another Suckerpunch / 300 with an abundance of CGI, action and no substance / bad acting and dialogue, but I was wrong.

It isn't as good as the action/fantasy movies in IMDB top 100, but it is probably one of, if not the, best video game adaption I've seen and for a Warcraft-fan it's a must see. I've seen people who never touched the series before enjoy it too. I am quite excited for potential sequels, there is soooo much good stuff in the universe that would make great movies, but therein lies the problem. Too much!
    Helpful comment.

Anyway I will see it on Sunday with a couple of friends. Surprised to see that it opened #1 in Pakistan, (where I live). There was no hype created here and I did not even know it was released already here. Many people here don't know about Warcraft, and those who are familiar barely remember the first 3 games (and to some extent, the DoTA mod).
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-05-30 at 06:40 AM.

Even if the movie doesn't do well in the US all the studios will do is combine the amount it brought in over seas and declare its a HIT if the total is more than the movies budget.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I bought tickets for me and my little sister to see it for her birthday D: I still hope its good shes excited