Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

heroes are way to simple with way to few skills

I love Overwatch, but the amount of choices you can make on each hero, is so small.
    All you got is 2 skills? Everyone plays the exact duplicate hero with just a different skin.

I hope they are gonna atleast make heroes more attractive.
    atm it feels way to dul

even though i am lovin it, just thinks that will probably be their doom after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

uhh... what?

meanwhile people play cod and halo, and they have 1-0 abilities....

also most chars have 2 abilities and 2 weapons or 3 abilities and 1 weapon...

I agree.

Heroes are way too simple\basic, but i don't think that's something they'll change going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shooter. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What were you expecting? Even skills to be considered MOBA characters? MMO characters?
    I expected more creativity? Majority of the skins are the same but just a recolor, like if i hated the first one, i probably hate the other 10 colors too.
    Only worth farming skins are legendary, but they are kinda easy to get, got 5 so far.

And i expected nothing, but i just think it's a bit dull, to know a level 1 can have the same thing as a level 2000 player
    You aint building up anything, just farming basicly.

Balancing in a FPS / TF ish game...not a bad thing..the more "skills" you have on a toon or per toon, the more balance needs to be done.

I am not sure this is the style of game you are looking for if you are looking for "depth of character"
    They have subtleties but I think those are used/discovered at a much high player skill level than is currently the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I expected more creativity? Majority of the skins are the same but just a recolor, like if i hated the first one, i probably hate the other 10 colors too.
    Only worth farming skins are legendary, but they are kinda easy to get, got 5 so far.

And i expected nothing, but i just think it's a bit dull, to know a level 1 can have the same thing as a level 2000 player
    If you feel there is no skin complexity go try battleborn where there is just recolors. The game is perfect with three-four times as many abilities as any other TF shooter. Maybe this game isn't for you. I mean seriously, you are complaining that the game needs more abilities and it has more abilities than any other TF shooter out there.
    I don't know what it is about this game in particular but there are way too many people trying to suggest ways to turn it into a moba. Just go play a moba and leave my TF legacy game alone.

And while you may not like a certain color scheme the rest of the world might like that color scheme, you know because you are not everyone and blizzard had the audacity to create for a wide spectrum of people rather than just you? You know, because you are not the only person who is important?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-30 at 07:01 PM.

Knowing Blizzard's reputation for balance, you seriously want them to add more skills that mix up the game for 21 different heroes?

You get colour swaps with maybe a couple small changes (Lucio's goggles going dark in one of his epic skins) and then you have two legendary skins that drastically change the character with two options for colouration each. What is the problem? Are people that desperate to hate on Overwatch?

I'm having a blast and think its pretty damn amazing so far. To complain about lack of abilities is a stretch. It makes it harder to make tactical decisions based on what abilities the enemy has used and what they will do if you get close etc. It feels perfect right now.

Sucks to have your opinion I guess.

It's not really about having a crapload of abilities it's about using the limited ones you have to their potential. There is a lot you can do with so little.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys should run as president, putting words in my mouth as you know me lol
    I LOVE the game, so stop saying its not the right game, i like it.
    We all have some things we like to see improved in a game. This one was mine.

Outside skills, i just hope by god they make progressing worthwhile, Make something worth to try to get to the top each season.

It's a shooter you goon.

What do you expect to get from boxes? Gear?

the amount of choices you can make on each hero, is so small.
    All you got is 2 skills?
    We know it's more than 2.
    But anyway, there's no need to have more because you can switch your character mid game. There's your variety.

You guys should run as president, putting words in my mouth as you know me lol
    I LOVE the game, so stop saying its not the right game, i like it.
    We all have some things we like to see improved in a game. This one was mine.

Outside skills, i just hope by god they make progressing worthwhile, Make something worth to try to get to the top each season.
    It isn't about progression, it isn't about standing out due to a legendary skin. You stand out by being great in the field of battle, it isn't based on how hard it is to get a legendary skin.
    Skill is how you stand out, this isn't Warcraft where f someone else is wearing the same dress to the prom as you that it ruins your uniqueness. Skins are just one way to flavor the pot but it isn't what the meal is about.

yea bring back legacy when we had tons of talents and spells.

There was a Dev talk about this. They originally had a bunch of talents and such but said it felt very clunky and overcomplicated in an FPS, especially considering they will be adding new heroes in the future with different/unique abilities they want to highlight.

To add to that, half the people I play with can't seem to handle the 2-3 abilities they have, let alone hone their skills with them to use them more optimally.

And remember, each hero may only have a couple abilities, but you can switch to any hero during a game. If you're just playing one, try playing a bunch and see how swapping to certain heroes in certain situations can make all the difference. Adds quite a bit of complexity trying to not only optimize your comp, but counter the enemy's, and learn/develop skills with a variety of heroes. A lot of the complexity comes from playing/mastering different heroes, not just one.

- - - Updated - - -

I expected more creativity
    [couple lines later]
    And i expected nothing
    Amazing. /10char
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-05-30 at 08:13 PM.

dude its a multiplayer only game... there shouldent be "progression" like so yes who cares if your level 2000? just means you have more skins...

its not "farming basicly" its called, play the game you enjoy, and unlock some skins

also each season? uhh there is no seasons... the progession in the game IS NOT SUPPOSE TO MEAN SOMETHING its simply there for people to for free earn "DLC"

the common skins are common...recolors. The epic ones have fancy recolors that stand out more with some elements a bit different like decals or helmets (pharah's anubis)

The legendary one's have the unique and creative work. As they should.

The point of the game isn't to have bars full of abilities, the focus of the game is teamwork, positioning and movement. The counters that the heroes DO have makes each character unique enough anyways. Tbh it just sounds like the game isn't for you (and thats okay).