Poll: What is your favorite (least hated) Part of WoD?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    the portal doesent go to outland anymore, as it was changed into a time portal... guess you dident read the book... or quests... or anything...

also the issue was people LOVED the garrison so they put a bunch of work into it, but by the time people maxed out their garrisons and noticed how boreing they were when maxed out, was allready too late

remember before/on launch to unlock the level 3 buildings took ALOT more meaning alot more time before maxing out your garrison, but people cried to they nerfed them twice
    What book? You meant the official story lore in the game WHICH TRUMPS everything where DEATH WING IS THE BE ALL AND END ALL and when you popped into Outland oh ITS THE BURNING LEGION WHATS THIS DEATH WING YOUR TALKING ABOUT? and then when you go to NORTHREND OH ITS THE LICH KING UMMM SO GUYS if this Deathwing destroyed the whole Main contient and this lich king fella is just making zombies and can't even control one DEATH KNIGHT properly why is he the BE ALL AND END ALL?

See what I mean? IF YOU GO FOR LORE, OUTLAND AND NORTHREND should of been in the Caverns OF TIME now like the Hyjal Raid, like the future dragon events, like the rescue of thrall, like the opening of portal.. So anyone who puts LORE as their favorite don't even read the story and the book. ITS actual fact in the game that the lore is officially screwed they had ONE chance to fix it and that was in Catalysm and that's when this should of been fix, reset close every legacy raid make the COSMETIC mounts like the Gladiators mounts, (no one cries about those and no one is gonna die from not getting Robot head and a flying fucking undead horse) and then you have 4-5 raids which you can REDO and have space for the next expansions instead of creating a whole new portal in timbuktoo.

So that's pretty much proven why the lore is screwed.

Garrisons, well your pretty much wrong accounts on there as well, They already had a basis for it Sunsong Ranch which I mention when there was evidence that this was practiced before and they pretty much ignored the people like me who done seven Sunsong Ranches a day in MOP, it was fun but it really should only be 1 per account and your ALTS walk around in the Garrison. You want immersion and seeing your characters in your own garrison and have visits from other characters (like from your friend list) enforces this as they are part of the world, cause Blizzard didn't implement this it made you liek a third wheel or out of place and what that done is made 7 MILLION Leave wow. Garrison was a huge factor in this, it detracted as your characters weren't in the moving world, even if your alts walk around the garrison would be fine, what it should of been if you weren't using them they could be use in the profession buildings using their skills on the related buildings... This would give everyone incentive to level every alt up a lost end-game which was caused by blizzard not thinking things through and concentrating on other projects like Hearthstone, HOTS and Overwatch. Having the same followers in the same 7 Garrison doesn't help either... they want people to have alts but then they don't enforce immersion.

I don't know why they listen to the top tier 1% raiders who got sponsored asking for 10 garrisons to make their mythic raiding much easier. Silly if you ask me they aren't the ones who are involved in the game at all. All they do is log in raid and log out for next thing.. making their life easier makes everyone's life easier and if they done that the 2nd down the line experimentors will abuse it.

Why did you mix raids with dungeons? Clearly not the same stuff. Raids were good, dungeons were bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    New models, new heirloom tab, cinematics and the questing experience in general and timewalking.

Everything else sucked, including raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Really? Nothing in WoD was good for you? Timewalking alone was a big success. Mythic dungeons actually have value. Blackrock Foundry and Highmaul were pretty good raids, Hellfire Citadel was all right for awhile. The questing was easily the best this game has had so far. Then all of the quality of life stuff; armor having intellect/strength or intellect/agility, for example.

Well Draenor takes place about 30 years in the past, in a different universe. So there's that.

Time Walking was ripped off of Log Horizon (it came after that anime) and even then I'm not really convinced, why not take it a step futhur.. Make the past Heroic Dungeons into the Caverns of Time and add a theme and a random Diablo III type effect to change it up.. like for example

IN MOP you do the 5 Burning crusade dungeons with an Eastern Theme like Jade Temple on normal, have a a couple of diablo III effect on heroic, and then go full blown on mythic dungeons. That would make any player salivate, changing the past dungeons to the theme of the expansions and adding new effects, even go so far and no access to the last boss until heroic version. Make something will want to work to.

and in Iron Horde completely revamp it for the Iron Horde Theme.... It's an opportunity that was extremely missed but they got in Hearthstone cause they have actual brainstorming sessions.

Questing I agree with, Raids were no where near as good as MOP (WOD trash had more personality than the bosses) and the bosses seem to be stolen ideas from forums. Quality of Life that was the only really really good thing out of it, the whole expansion just seems an event of only 1 Brainstorming session from Blizzard and they went for those ideas only but as evident in OVERWATCH they literally take opinion as fact and that seem to lead the downfall of the game..

for the other part

Outland shouldn't exist they are now saying that bronze dragonflight can use their powers when that one dude in timeless isle was asking for a million fucking timesand to be able to change the past and now since he can do it everyone in the bronzedragonflight can do it now jeez Everyones a super sayian when they want to be.

Outland should of been regulated to Caverns of Time like the future and the past, Outland is the past.. that's what the Caverns of Time is for to RELIVE the past.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed Highmaul. From a healers perspective it was a challenging and fun experience. Starting with really crappy gear, mana management was engaging and fun. I'm looking forward to the first tier of legion in hope that mana really matters again. I did not like the rest of the raids.

Deleted
    Intro cinematic of WoD is the best of Warcraft i have seen so far.
    Heirloom tab/Toybox/Favorite mount system good thing to add to the game.
    Zones looked good in WoD this is one of those features blizzard is Always doing well.
    Player Models well done and in Legion with new cast animation we really will get the pay off with these new models.
    Account wide flying. like flying and i thought the achievement thing was a =good addon i just wish they would release flying in Legion from the start.

I love some of the QoL changes that came along. Mainly the bag optimization (I'm lumping the toy box, autosort buttons, stacking changes, extra void storage tab, heirloom tab, and reagent bank under that category). I've been playing the same main since 2005, and I've collected a LOT of stuff over the years that I'm keeping in my bank/bags (old quest items that are no longer obtainable like the Black Dragonflight Molt, etc), so I'll take anything that gives me more space or helps me to better organize my bags.

I also loved questing from 90-100. And yeah, the cinematics were awesome. Whatever else happens, I don't think Blizzard ever fails when it comes to cinematics. New models were also great.

The above wasn't enough to keep me interested in WoD for more than a couple of months, unfortunately. WoD has its good points, but I believe the bad outweighed the good. That said, it was the first WoW expansion that I didn't greatly enjoy, so I'm going to write it off as just one bad apple and look forward to Legion.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-29 at 02:34 PM.

I'll be nice and try to limit my answer to your poll choices, so I voted for raids and dungeons. Specifically, 5 mans in this expansion were worlds better than MoP's. I also liked the Pit / Shat city group dailies. Done as intended (ie, not cheesing them in a raid group), they were quite fun. Can't comment on raids, as I had bailed right around the time that Blackrock came out.

I don't know how to say that I like the garrison system. Its very flawed but I like the concept of the follower missions and the shipyard and I'm glad they're bringing it forward. I think the real problem with WoD wasn't the garrisons but the lack of other content, which makes it feel as though we were always stuck in our garrisons with little else to do.
    Now the professions and the way they tied into the garrison was terrible. WoD destroyed professions in a lot of ways and I think that was the greatest sin of the garrison system.

The first 4-6 months was awesome, best expansion ever.

Then it ran out.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Favorite thing was Ashran. I love large scale PVP that pretty much forces you to smash into the other team. Pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed personal loot in dungeons. That is about it.

Tbh for me its easier to say what i didn't like and thats retarded lore, fucked up reward structure. 20m only mythic and that garrisons weren't server/accont wide, everything else was either decent or good for me.

I liked the questing experience. I liked how questing was the quickest way to get a full roster of followers.

Heirloom tab was great, too. It simplified the whole process. Quality of life improvements are always a good thing.

I'd say leveling, but the new collection systems outlast the expansion so they take the lead.

Leveling, Raiding, the toybox etc.

I loved WOD for 2 months, and the garrison was awesome. But then it quickly became stale, it didn't progress. The shipyard was barely a progress of the garrison, it was painful and boring (I resented it towards the end!).
    The quests, levelling, story progression and cinematic were great too.
    It just became stale too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Time Walking was ripped off of Log Horizon (it came after that anime) and even then I'm not really convinced, why not take it a step futhur.. Make the past Heroic Dungeons into the Caverns of Time and add a theme and a random Diablo III type effect to change it up.. like for example

IN MOP you do the 5 Burning crusade dungeons with an Eastern Theme like Jade Temple on normal, have a a couple of diablo III effect on heroic, and then go full blown on mythic dungeons. That would make any player salivate, changing the past dungeons to the theme of the expansions and adding new effects, even go so far and no access to the last boss until heroic version. Make something will want to work to.

and in Iron Horde completely revamp it for the Iron Horde Theme.... It's an opportunity that was extremely missed but they got in Hearthstone cause they have actual brainstorming sessions.

Questing I agree with, Raids were no where near as good as MOP (WOD trash had more personality than the bosses) and the bosses seem to be stolen ideas from forums. Quality of Life that was the only really really good thing out of it, the whole expansion just seems an event of only 1 Brainstorming session from Blizzard and they went for those ideas only but as evident in OVERWATCH they literally take opinion as fact and that seem to lead the downfall of the game..

for the other part

Outland shouldn't exist they are now saying that bronze dragonflight can use their powers when that one dude in timeless isle was asking for a million fucking timesand to be able to change the past and now since he can do it everyone in the bronzedragonflight can do it now jeez Everyones a super sayian when they want to be.

Outland should of been regulated to Caverns of Time like the future and the past, Outland is the past.. that's what the Caverns of Time is for to RELIVE the past.
    uh timewalking is just "do old dungeons like their current" what does that have to do with a anime at all....

7+ Year Old Account
    The new models for sure. Heirloom tab was pretty awesome as well

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    What book? You meant the official story lore in the game WHICH TRUMPS everything where DEATH WING IS THE BE ALL AND END ALL and when you popped into Outland oh ITS THE BURNING LEGION WHATS THIS DEATH WING YOUR TALKING ABOUT? and then when you go to NORTHREND OH ITS THE LICH KING UMMM SO GUYS if this Deathwing destroyed the whole Main contient and this lich king fella is just making zombies and can't even control one DEATH KNIGHT properly why is he the BE ALL AND END ALL?

See what I mean? IF YOU GO FOR LORE, OUTLAND AND NORTHREND should of been in the Caverns OF TIME now like the Hyjal Raid, like the future dragon events, like the rescue of thrall, like the opening of portal.. So anyone who puts LORE as their favorite don't even read the story and the book. ITS actual fact in the game that the lore is officially screwed they had ONE chance to fix it and that was in Catalysm and that's when this should of been fix, reset close every legacy raid make the COSMETIC mounts like the Gladiators mounts, (no one cries about those and no one is gonna die from not getting Robot head and a flying fucking undead horse) and then you have 4-5 raids which you can REDO and have space for the next expansions instead of creating a whole new portal in timbuktoo.

So that's pretty much proven why the lore is screwed.

Garrisons, well your pretty much wrong accounts on there as well, They already had a basis for it Sunsong Ranch which I mention when there was evidence that this was practiced before and they pretty much ignored the people like me who done seven Sunsong Ranches a day in MOP, it was fun but it really should only be 1 per account and your ALTS walk around in the Garrison. You want immersion and seeing your characters in your own garrison and have visits from other characters (like from your friend list) enforces this as they are part of the world, cause Blizzard didn't implement this it made you liek a third wheel or out of place and what that done is made 7 MILLION Leave wow. Garrison was a huge factor in this, it detracted as your characters weren't in the moving world, even if your alts walk around the garrison would be fine, what it should of been if you weren't using them they could be use in the profession buildings using their skills on the related buildings... This would give everyone incentive to level every alt up a lost end-game which was caused by blizzard not thinking things through and concentrating on other projects like Hearthstone, HOTS and Overwatch. Having the same followers in the same 7 Garrison doesn't help either... they want people to have alts but then they don't enforce immersion.

I don't know why they listen to the top tier 1% raiders who got sponsored asking for 10 garrisons to make their mythic raiding much easier. Silly if you ask me they aren't the ones who are involved in the game at all. All they do is log in raid and log out for next thing.. making their life easier makes everyone's life easier and if they done that the 2nd down the line experimentors will abuse it.
    1. war crimes where it talks about karoz changing the outland portal into a portal in draenor.
    when you go into outland now you are actually going back ion time, as the portal you take it being held open by a bronze dragon.... northrend isnt though... its still stuck in this weird loop of the past... but yes the lore trumps all this cause that is all past stuff....

your basically reading a 2 year old newspaper on a news website then screaming at them that the newspaper is out of date....

2.cant control one death knight properly? hes controlled tons, thing is he isnt CONTROLLING the death knights, he can only control the mindless scourge.... the mindful scourge (death knights, vrykul, etc) serve him like workers.... not as slaves... because they would be accepted no were else

3.lol wow you are one mad fuck.... "when something becomes out of date lets put it all in the caversn of time" yes because lets make that where everyone has to go....
    no its not a "fact" the lore is "screwed" and "had one chance to fix it" uhh what the fuck are you talking about? every expansion has been in a "new zone" and they arnt just reusing such, cataclysm the whole point is it rebuilt azeroth... added deepholm, hyjal, ulduam, twilight highlands, all new zones... draenor makes sense to be there because it is outland... but far in the past... so using the same portal make 100% sense....

4. you are friends with all 7 million people who left? oh wow, cause thats the only way you can know why all of them left..... and yes i guess you dont know how development teams work if you think that they focused on overwatch and heros of the storm instead of wow >_>

man you seem to know everything that would fix the game without any faults, know exactly why everything whent wrong and how to fix it! man if you were in charge i bet wow would have 20 million subs, you should call them up and ask for a job

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Favorite thing was Ashran. I love large scale PVP that pretty much forces you to smash into the other team. Pretty awesome.
    yeah it was pretty much tarren mill versus southshore 2.0 wasent it? :P

2 walls of people firing at eachother, and any melee who tried to get between would be slaughtered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garthul View Post
    I don't know how to say that I like the garrison system. Its very flawed but I like the concept of the follower missions and the shipyard and I'm glad they're bringing it forward. I think the real problem with WoD wasn't the garrisons but the lack of other content, which makes it feel as though we were always stuck in our garrisons with little else to do.
    Now the professions and the way they tied into the garrison was terrible. WoD destroyed professions in a lot of ways and I think that was the greatest sin of the garrison system.
    if the expansion was something like WotLK, and it had the garrison (minus all the free production) mabye just buildings to help, it would have been really good... but the garrison on its own, without a ton of content, takes peoples blame, the garrison was ok, the issue was no content, and that made the garrison seem at fault since with no content we would all sit in the garrison

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Ready for a quotable soundbite?

The best thing about WoD is how good it will make Legion look in comparison.
    hmmm good point... surprised no one has said that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I enjoyed the leveling experience, the initial garrison setup and planning before it became a Facebook game that gold fell out of, and I thought Highmaul and BRF were fun raids.
    yeah the garrison is fun, managing minions and upgrading buildings, but once its mazed out it gets super boreing... sadly people complained and they nerfed the time to max out your garrison TWICE orginally level 1 would be start, 2 would be at max level allmost, and 3 would be MUCH later and require alot of time... but well : / people wanted it faster, even after launch they nerfed the amount required from 100 to 25 for some things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I liked Garrison/Having my own base.

The gold part of Garrison's was just a bonus. The dungeons was ok but everything else was shit.

But the number 1 thing I liked about WOD is.........The WoW Token. I would not be subbed if it wasn't for the token.
    wow... i actuallty should have added that to the list now that i think about it.... ive been using the token when they came out, and right now have sub till 11/2017 so :P
    and yeah the garrison was ok... just the free shit made it "required" for people