Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    For science.
    I'll keep you updated.

Gorillas are pretty smart as far as animals go, I wonder if this will affect them also. I am leaning towards thinking this exhibit should be shut down and the gorillas moved to a zoo that can better protect these gorillas.

Deleted
    Okay, so let's go over the f*cking idiot count.

Let's build a gorilla enclosure that people can climb into.
    Let's not look after our kid. Sure he might climb into an animal inclosure but who cares.
    I'm a derpy little kid who is gonna go into places that are off limits to derpy little kids.
    Hey look this critically endangered gorilla is not hurting the dumb kid. Hell he might have saved him by taking him out of the water. But he might hurt it so I'm gonna shoot it dead.

1-2-3-4
    We have a jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Okay, so let's go over the f*cking idiot count.

Let's build a gorilla enclosure that people can climb into.
    Let's not look after our kid. Sure he might climb into an animal inclosure but who cares.
    I'm a derpy little kid who is gonna go into places that are off limits to derpy little kids.
    Hey look this critically endangered gorilla is not hurting the dumb kid. Hell he might have saved him by taking him out of the water. But he might hurt it so I'm gonna shoot it dead.

1-2-3-4
    We have a jackpot.
    I am guessing you missed the part where tranqing the gorilla would have agitated it, and also that the gorilla had already harmed the child by dragging him around?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    What's the issue? An innocent gorilla died because of human stupidity. It would be like someone coming into your house and shooting you, and then everyone saying "oh thank god the intruder is okay".
    I have to agree with this...but that already happens enough...intruders can have more rights than home victim.

Sure...maybe the Gorilla was being a little questionable by dragging the kid...but it looks like the Gorilla could have been protecting the kid from the screaming crowd.

The child should be taken away from the parents for sure...I mean the kid said he wanted to go in and the parent(s) wasn't watching him...this is all the parents fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I am guessing you missed the part where tranqing the gorilla would have agitated it, and also that the gorilla had already harmed the child by dragging him around?
    I may have but if not for the morons designing an enclosure that any suicidal kid can waltz into, the parents who can't be bothered to look after their kid, and a kid that can't possibly be from the winning sperm this whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2016-05-30 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Such a shame, anyone who falls into an animal enclosure should be fair game not like we're critically endangered.
    I'm sure if your 3 year old child falls into the same situation, you will still feel lke this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That fence looks totally unacceptable. It needs to have a hog wire type construction, not just a few cables marking where an actual fence should be.
    I suppose you think curbs should have hog-wire fences on them too, so kids can't run into moving traffic. Toddlers don't know better, so it's the parents job to make sure they don't make poor decisions. This kid ended up making a poor decision because his parent didn't prevent it.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-05-30 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I'm sure if your 3 year old child falls into the same situation, you will still feel lke this.
    This isn't like a car crash where there's actually a decent chance that it can happen to someone. This is negligent parenting, and this whole 'you'll feel differently if this happens to you' is weak precisely because this kind of event is not a result of chance alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    I suppose you think curbs should have hog-wire fences on them too, so kids can't run into moving traffic. Toddlers don't know better, so it's the parents job to make sure they don't make poor decisions. This kid ended up making a poor decision because his parent didn't prevent it.
    To be fair the article says the kid was 4 years old. Sure that's not much older than a toddler but still.

Well obviously we have a parent here that didnt watch her kid, a few more parents like this one and we wont have any animals alive at zoos.

Let's keep in mind we still don't know how long this child was 'unattended', nor how long it took them to climb into the exhibit. From the look of the fence it doesn't seem like it would take very long at all. For all we know the mother could have turned around for 5 seconds to grab something from a diaper bag. Of course, she also could have been attending to another child for a length of multiple minutes.

I don't really think its fair to go pinning so much blame on the mother for 'negligence' though. I guarantee you that plenty of mothers have been in the same exact situation (that being taking their eyes off their child for a few seconds/minutes) minus their child jumping into the gorilla exhibit. Yes, the kid said he wanted to go into the exhibit, and the mother should have been more watchful. But I still don't think that she deserves all the flak she is getting. We are humans; we aren't perfect.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

What the hell was the parent(s) doing? According to the news report the kid was saying he wanted to go in, seems pretty clear the parent should've been holding on to the kid and not letting go. I see there's 28 pages on this, anyone know what the hell the parents were doing?

That being said, I can understand putting the gorilla down but still, a very sad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    What the hell was the parent(s) doing? According to the news report the kid was saying he wanted to go in, seems pretty clear the parent should've been holding on to the kid and not letting go. I see there's 28 pages on this, anyone know what the hell the parents were doing?

That being said, I can understand putting the gorilla down but still, a very sad thing.
    The closest I've seen to an explanation was that she was attending to another child or more at the exact moment he slipped his way through the barrier; a pretty ineffective barrier at that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the parents should be shot instead for not supervising their child properly and put it on a leash something like this :

there could've been other options instead of killing this animal.
    Last edited by chrykoolaid; 2016-05-30 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

My guess would be, taking all coordinates, google logs, and spacial references into account, the mom was a welfare hoe. What more can be said?, she let her baby crawl into a gorilla pit.

The parents said no. What did you want them to do? Immediately leave the zoo? Maybe bust out the child leash? No, you are too busy trying to find a scapegoat to blame for the death of the 'poow gowilla', along with all the other people who were also having an anti-humanity field day when that one lion was killed.
    Are the parents blind? Because looking at your kids isn't some hard skill to use. And LOL at the rest. You sure love your straw. Just make sure you don't choke to death on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The closest I've seen to an explanation was that she was attending to another child or more at the exact moment he slipped his way through the barrier; a pretty ineffective barrier at that.
    Thats a poor excuse. I looked at the pictures, and it would take longer than a few seconds to climb through that. If this was common, sure, blame the fence and not the parents.... but it totally isn't. Thats why I dislike the excuse "he is JUST being a four year old!" ... well sorry. As far as I've read, this is the only time this has happened at this zoo, and this exhibit. I guess instead we should be saying "they were ONLY being bad parents!"

- - - Updated - - -

The parents said no. What did you want them to do? Immediately leave the zoo? Maybe bust out the child leash? No, you are too busy trying to find a scapegoat to blame for the death of the 'poow gowilla', along with all the other people who were also having an anti-humanity field day when that one lion was killed.
    Seeing as this Gorilla did nothing wrong... and has only been a slave to humans.. and then killed by humans because it dared to touch one...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The point is that human life shouldn't be compared to something like a Gorilla, even an endangered Gorilla. We justify letting the boy die by quantifying it with statistics. And yes it takes a team of people to do something like cure cancer, but whatever. If you wanted the boy dead you could say he could be a murderer when he grows up. Serial rapist.

You people are starting to sound like the Witches from hundreds of years ago.
    That... makes little sense as a reply to what GarnierFructis said.

Also a few things to think about.

#1 Why is an endangered Gorilla in a Zoo? To make money of course. If the Gorilla was that endangered, why a Zoo with people all around?
    Heather already covered why the zoo. But why the zoo with people all around specifically (not sure if there are other types of zoos to be honest)? To raise awareness among other reasons. And yes, money too. The zoo doesn't run on air.

#2 The Gorilla was going to die anyway, cause if the boy was harmed by the Gorilla, the public would vilify it, and have it put down.
    Ehh, not always the case when some retard gets into animal enclosure at a zoo and gets themself killed. Not necessarily the case here either.

#3 The headline was meant to enrage people about the situation, probably so the Zoo doesn't get sued to hell and back. How does a boy get access to the area where the Gorilla was to begin with? Obviously not enough precautions were put in place so idiots don't fall in. The Zoo wants the public to be on its side, to hopefully convince courts and the boys family that they're not at fault. Won't work, but they're a for profit company, not a for endangered species.
    But that would imply it was the zoo who wrote the headlines or at least had enough influence over the people who did. I highly doubt that it is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Just put up barbed wire and make the fence hot for the tourists. If they get in they deserve to wait for the tranquilizer to kick in first.
    Sig by Winter Blossom