Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My big issue is how long of a period did she not have eyes on this kid? I mean, it's not like there was a swinging half-gate that lead to the enclosure from the viewing area.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I suppose it depends on the kid, whether you know they are the "obey the parents at all times" or the impulsive kind. However, that's something you figure out a LOOOOOOOOOONG time before hand. Like my folks knew I was a "obey the law" gal, but my sister was the darter / rebel.
    It's not like the kids change from one to the other. That kid is clearly the impulsive "no fucks" type. This is some shit I probably would've done if my mother didn't cuss me out in a screeching voice and my dad didn't do the John Witherspoon "don't make me get out mai belt"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    It's not like the kids change from one to the other. That kid is clearly the impulsive "no fucks" type. This is some shit I probably would've done if my mother didn't cuss me out in a screeching voice and my dad didn't do the John Witherspoon "don't make me get out mai belt"
    heh. My sister would totally do it if my folks didn't have the leash / hold her hand. I mean she tried to dart into traffic a few times before being pulled back by her hair...

and I didnt mean kids suddenly change. i mean kids have different personalities. Some obey you no matter what, others be like "imma do what I want". They latter requires 100% attention 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they charge the mother with child endangerment and causing the death of an endangered species. I also hope the zoo bans her and the little brat for life.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure, the zoo has likely had thousands of shitty parents visit the zoo/gorilla exhibit. Only one child managed to get into the gorilla exhibit during its several decades of existence, however.

So we can likely chalk it up to EXTRAORDINARILY shitty parenting.
    Why? Because a parent dared to take a selfie at a place that should have been safe enough to keep kids away from the animals?

and I didnt mean kids suddenly change. i mean kids have different personalities. Some obey you no matter what, others be like "imma do what I want". They latter requires 100% attention 100% of the time.
    Yeah that is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Why? Because a parent dared to take a selfie at a place that should have been safe enough to keep kids away from the animals?
    99.99999% of children who went to that exhibit didn't seem to have a problem staying safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was safe enough, she was just too shitty of a parent to keep her brat from climbing over the barrier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that is very true.

99.99999% of children who went to that exhibit didn't seem to have a problem staying safe.
    So the question remains as to how this small child did. An enclosure for a dangerous animal should be able to withstand a combination of bad parenting, selfies, and determined four year olds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It was safe enough, she was just too shitty of a parent to keep her brat from climbing over the barrier.
    Not safe enough if a kid is hurt and a gorilla is dead.

So the question remains as to how this small child did. An enclosure for a dangerous animal should be able to withstand a combination of bad parenting, selfies, and determined four year olds.
    I don't know, it's a good question. We'll probably find out soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure the zoo is going to reconsider the suitability of the barriers. However, the only way to truly child proof an exibit is to enclose it completely in plexiglass. That doesnt seem to be something zoo attendees enjoy too much from my own experience working at one.

At some point, you have to stop catering to the lowest common denominator

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Not safe enough if a kid is hurt and a gorilla is dead.
    Its been plenty safe for decades with millions of people. The only real issue is they killed the gorilla, should have just let him play with the little brat.

heh. My sister would totally do it if my folks didn't have the leash / hold her hand. I mean she tried to dart into traffic a few times before being pulled back by her hair...

This describes my kids. My daughter cried her eyes out to go to school on a Saturday just to help her teacher. ( we had other plans)She is 10. My son would just as soon stab a puppy then go to school. The daughter is is a great kid and really self reliant. I'll be surprised if my son hasn't been arrested by my daughters age. The kid just gives 0 fucks. And when he gets something in his head , it's like world war 3 in our house when he doesn't get his way. I blame my stubborn Irish heritage.

So yes, when we go out the son gets 99% of the parenting attention. Because he would easily be the asshole that jumps in the monkey cages.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36420437

The police has opened a criminal investigation on this shooting. They are mostly investigating the parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36420437

The police has opened a criminal investigation on this shooting. They are mostly investigating the parents.
    A federal complaint has been filed with the USDA regarding the zoo, but I'm not sure if much will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm not surprised that the media is crucifying the parents just because they're black or pulling criminal records from the father's past. If this was a white family people wouldn't judge the parents as hard and it'd be branded as an eventuality rather than negligent accident.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you would be saying that if you were the little boy. Seriously you're a disgrace. How dare you say that a little child's life is not worth saving? Making a judgement based on how rare the animal is in relation to just another Human is idiotic, sorry.
    Haha, oh wow. I think everyone expected stuff like this.

But no, the same would have happened if the parent and child were white.

The only difference being that when the kid was presumed white, you had lunatics rattling on about white privilege and how the kid should have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The grown ups are talking dear.
    Then you should leave this thread and allow the grown-ups to talk without your race-baiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Do you even know HOW RARE that type of gorilla is? If you did, you wouldn't be saying this.
    So if he wasn't rare, it would be okay?

Lol, okay.

When there's a will, there's a way. You can't keep everything 100% idiot/negligent proof, at least not easily. I've visited SeaWorld several times, very easy to jump in with Shamu if someone really wanted to.

boy went under the rail, through wires and over the moat wall.
    Maybe the wires should have been electric.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    I wonder how many people in this thread that are so adamant about valuing human life over an animal's are also abortion rights folks?

You have no problem killing a fetus (regardless of rape or incest). Oh, I know - the fetus isn't an actual person, right? That will be the justification for your blatant hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    In order for us to take you at your word, that you were just responding to what I typed, we'd have to ignore context clues and your obvious intelligence. I said "apart(sic) OF" instead of "apart FROM" - but you didn't point it out because it bothered you or it didn't make sense, you did it to try to put me down intellectually. Do you deny this?
    Yes, I deny that. I pointed it out in case you did not know the difference between "apart" and "a part". I see those two terms misused quite often - much like "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less". I was just pointing out the misuse of the words - it was not to attack your intellect. It was a teaching moment, if anything. You should try being less defensive and stop assuming that people have ulterior motives.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-06-01 at 12:08 PM.

Yeah, I have to admit, not looking good for the kid. I'm the oldest of five and while my parents were not good parents in many different ways, we didn't end up in a gorilla exhibit at the zoo.

Admittedly we were not stupid enough to go in the exhibits in the first place...especially ones with a 10-15 foot moat...yes I know the kid was four year old but still, lol. I guess one could say he was possibly quite determined/precocious.
    True. If you combine the arguments from this thread on how children not falling into enclosures in few decades can't be attributed to the zoo with any certainty and how in this case the mother is hardly at fault (which makes the parents of children not falling to enclosures hardly a factor), the remaining element that would make a difference would be the kid...

My dad intentionally left me at the mall once but he was being an asshole, was mad because I had to use the bathroom.
    What the hell? Oo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    There is no such thing as "childproof" despite the faulty marketing ploy.
    Of course not, but this isn't a spry preteen that got into the cage. It was a four year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    When there's a will, there's a way. You can't keep everything 100% idiot/negligent proof, at least not easily. I've visited SeaWorld several times, very easy to jump in with Shamu if someone really wanted to.
    Were the walls at SeaWorld low enough that a four year old could put themselves in imminent danger?

Of course not, but this isn't a spry preteen that got into the cage. It was a four year old.
    Toddlers/young children can get into anything. My 18 month old has climbed over a 4 foot tall gate with no readily identifiable means of doing so. She's also squeezed through gaps smaller than the width of her skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.