Thread: Support Love!?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I feel like this is against the ToS, both here on the forum and concerning Blizzard. Should've probably blurred the name.

Also, you did kind of antagonize him a bit. Best to ignore it, especially if you're going to report him. I think Blizzard tends to shrug off reports if the individual reported on was fed because it then becomes a, "Takes Two To Tango" type of deal.

Deleted
    There, edited out their names.

I don't really know how else I should respond to something like that, I simply stated no to his question and he immediately goes off to offend me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post

I don't really know how else I should respond to something like that, I simply stated no to his question and he immediately goes off to offend me...
    Just ignore him and if he rants on or even starts to harass you, I'd then report him. Shit-talking and bitching is a national pass-time these days. Not really worth reporting IMHO. Being disruptive to the game, that's a different story. I've done a lot of the former and been supposedly reported god only knows how many times never to get banned or even slapped across the hand on Heroes; though again, I think I was antagonized an awful lot which escalated things and that might be a big part of why.

I think they need to create 2 more healers and then move Symetra out of her support section and into defense. That way people in quick matches will stop thinking she is a 'good enough' healer and someone might actually go healer. She is about doing damage and shutting down pathways, not keeping you alive.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't simply say no, you said no, he insulted and then you fed him and he kept insulting you and you kept feeding him and on and on. Blizzard probably won't do anything about this one because of your counter reaction. Even in schools even if one kid hits first both kids get punished for hitting each other the same.

Human beings typically justify their behavior and I am sure that the other guy justified his attacks with, "I was nice about it at first and asked nicely but they were rude to me so I was rude to them." No human is hard wired to acknowledge their own mistakes and nobody thinks they were the one in the wrong unless forced into a corner by someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winston has a protective barrier, Zarya has an absorbing shield she can put on people, D'va has an unbreakable shield. All of them can protect their allies, Roadhog is the only one who can't.
    Is hooking a Genji who just popped Dragonblade away from your team not protecting them? How about hooking a Reinhardt mid-Rocket Charge that would've splattered your healer?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Is hooking a Genji who just popped Dragonblade away from your team not protecting them? How about hooking a Reinhardt mid-Rocket Charge that would've splattered your healer?
    Both of those things could be accomplished by a skilled Widowmaker landing proper headshots.

No Roadhog does not protect his team, he's more of a tanky offense hero that is in the face of the enemy being a real pest, but he doesn't protect anyone but himself with his heal.

Both of those things could be accomplished by a skilled Widowmaker landing proper headshots.

No Roadhog does not protect his team, he's more of a tanky offense hero that is in the face of the enemy being a real pest, but he doesn't protect anyone but himself with his heal.
    Well he is capable of protecting his team by hooking at the right time, but he is meant to be more of a disruptor than a damage absorber. He's not really a tank. If he is tanking it will require stepping out of the line of fire from time to time to self heal.

10+ Year Old Account

And people wonder why some don't like supporting... First time I've ever chosen not to heal someone, simply because he was such an ass for no reason.
    I've not run into someone that cancerous yet while playing Mercy. Though I frequently get people complaining about me not waiting to revive them as if I knew they were going to die 3 seconds later.

Deleted
    That's just ego bullshit. If you want to win, act like it. I'll support every asshole as long as he's on my side. When the game is done, it's time to vent.

Power trips get you nowhere. It's childish and uncompetitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    every time i try winston i just dont understand how he works, or can be a more effective tank than reinhardt.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    That's just ego bullshit. If you want to win, act like it. I'll support every asshole as long as he's on my side. When the game is done, it's time to vent.

I must admit it was one of those pesky best out of three maps that I detest, I'm never in a good mood on those maps and I do feel like I should have behaved better than I did... I suppose I must get better at blocking the person the moment they show signs like this and focus on the game itself instead of letting them get under my skin. >.<

Deleted
    I hate those too. Icky.

Indeed, don't let it get under your skin. I understand why it's frustrating to have someone flame you, but I don't think you should abandon a match because of that. You're only hurting yourself and the other 4 people who might still want to win, just to spite one.

It's usually more effective to give that guy the verbal shiv after the game, especially if you *do* win after all.

10+ Year Old Account

So your version of a tank is only characters that have some sort of shield?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So your version of a tank is only characters that have some sort of shield?
    My definition of a tank is someone with a significant amount of health who can protect his allies, you know the general definition of a tank. There's been several people in this thread agreeing with me that Roadhog does indeed not really fill the role of a tank, but rather a tanky offensive hero that doesn't exactly tank, as much as he is simply in the way. Again he's a great hero to have on the team, but he does not fulfil the tank role.

This is my final reply to you as I've just had to restate the same thing again, if you don't understand it now you never will. You may not agree, but you should at the very least understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    My definition of a tank is someone with a significant amount of health who can protect his allies, you know the general definition of a tank. There's been several people in this thread agreeing with me that Roadhog does indeed not really fill the role of a tank, but rather a tanky offensive hero that doesn't exactly tank, as much as he is simply in the way. Again he's a great hero to have on the team, but he does not fulfil the tank role.

This is my final reply to you as I've just had to restate the same thing again, if you don't understand it now you never will. You may not agree, but you should at the very least understand.
    Bold part is where the problem lies. When your definition goes against developers definition, that's when you usually hear that you are wrong.

Roadhod, D'va, Reinhardt, Winston, Zarya all of them are great tanks, by the very definition.
    They are durable.
    They are disruptive.
    They are front liners.
    They do protect their allies with abilities.
    Yeah, sorry, but tanks in this game are little more than damage sponges you are talking about, who are, at least from my experience, is not general definition of a tank.
    If you want to break it down even further:
    Roadhog have huge hitbox and can cockblock damage projectiles and heal himself up afterwards. Reinhardt has a durable shield that renders him useless for the duration. Winston has much weaker shield that doesn't affect his performance at all. D'va has skill-based defense matrix with many uses (from denying enemy ultimates, to simply blocking loads of damage and buying your team time to kill someone). Zarya has barriers that boost her damage and give limited short-timed protection to allies.
    Conclusion: all tank characters are durable and protective each and every to a different degree.

Roadhog has one of best forms of single target CC - hook, there is nothing to say about it. Reinhardt has hard-to-land CC+damage ability in form of a charge, that is not only hard to land, but also exposes himself to damage AND his team. Winston has his rocketjump pack that knocks enemies away. D'va has knockback+damage on her rocket boosters. Zarya has probably worst CC ability - weak knockback on alt fire of her projectile cannon.
    Conclusion: all tank characters have some sort of CC

Is there a need to break down "front liners" part? The only thing i want to mention is that D'va and Winston stay on "very deep into" scale of "front line", while Reinhardt and Zarya stay on "very close to their team" scale of "front line". Roadhog is somewhere in the middle, since he can perform well in both cases - deep in front line, and close to allies.

We can also talk about damage and ultimates, but i don't wanna. Your definition of a tank characters is obviously flawed and you don't take into consideration a lot of things in this game. And it's not "him" who needs to understand "your" definition of a tank (which is limited to someone who takes damage), but you, who needs to understand that tanks are not damage sponges
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Pop the shield when you need to defend otherwise your job is to destroy their backline by literally going wherever you want. Hes a Widowmaker killer to some amazing degree.
    He also doesn't give a fuck how many targets he damages. If enemy stacks low-mobility characters, Winston can just jump into 2-4 of them, chase and burn them to death with tesla cannon, because they move at the same speed and it's impossible to juke fucking electricity

- - - Updated - - -

And people wonder why some don't like supporting... First time I've ever chosen not to heal someone, simply because he was such an ass for no reason.
    You both acted like asses for no reasons tho. You could report+mute him and play
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    @Charge me Doctor
    Funny.
    http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Tank
    Tanks specialize in protecting allies, disrupting enemies, and occupying the front line. They have high survivability and abilities that protect themselves and others with shields and crowd control.
    In a game where you're lacking a tank, Roadhog will not do the job as he does not perform the role of a tank. Mercy does incredibly well with all other tanks, Roadhog is completely unable to protect her and his heal is counter-productive with her (and any other healer).
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2016-06-03 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post

Agree, if you want to win you never flame your teammates (at least while the game is in progress), and never respond to flamers. And never turn away from your role responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly, can't you read more than 5 words? Your definition of a tank - is a damage sponge, while OV definition of a tank is at least 2 times wider than yours
    Tanks specialize in protecting allies, disrupting enemies, and occupying the front line. They have high survivability and abilities that protect themselves and others with shields and crowd control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You both acted like asses for no reasons tho. You could report+mute him and play
    Already stated that I was in a rather bad mood and being called useless for not wanting to switch hero isn't my definition of "no reason", nor do I agree with that I was being an ass, but whatever floats your boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    exactly, can't you read more than 5 words? Your definition of a tank - is a damage sponge, while OV definition of a tank is at least 2 times wider than yours
    The other tanks cover all those things, Roadhog does not cover the most important and first mentioned part, as such your point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already stated that I was in a rather bad mood and being called useless for not wanting to switch hero isn't my definition of "no reason", nor do I agree with that I was being an ass, but whatever floats your boat.
    Regardless of mood, choosing to escalate situation further while you are in power to stop it, then complaining about it is really weird

- - - Updated - - -

The other tanks cover all those things, Roadhog does not cover the most important and first mentioned part, as such your point is moot.
    Roadhog doesn't protect his allies? What are you smoking? have you seen his CC? Have you EVER seen a Reaper trying to ult your whole team on top of a cart when Roadhog is right there? He literally the best protector for your poor Mercy who has Genji or D'va in her face.

Also, Reinhardt barely covers being disruptive, at all. He is one of worst disruption tanks in the game