Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, including national critics who don't usually go for this sort of film. People seem to think it's getting bad reviews because three people, out of all the critics in the world, weren't keen. One of those people, someone who has played Warcraft, actually went as far as to criticise the decision not to have an orc shout 'stop poking me'. And you're taking reviews like that seriously?

Why are people attacking the Warcraft movie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    You Sir deserve a cookie. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Why are people defending it by posting reviews when they haven't even seen it? Both sides to the story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouduken View Post
    I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    Becease it's a good movie, that critics try to bury?

Because it's a WoW fanboy forum. 10/10 critics are right, all other critics are wrong, best movie ever made, if you did not like it - your face is stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because listening to Critics or using Reviews as your way of deciding if you like a Movie instead of seeing it for yourself is idiotic.

And so far a large majority of the non-critics I've read that saw the movie think it was solid to great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this really a question you had to ask? Couldn't think of a reason yourself OP?

I'm defending it because I did enjoy it and the opinion of a critic is worthless anyway.

Everything is liked by someone somewhere

I have seen it today. It looks a bit rushed. Too many characters at the same time, not enough build up. If you have no background in WoW, most key characters look pointless. I kind of like fast paced movies, but with loreas extensive as WoW, they should have gone for a more LotR approach to engage audience that like the genre.

It was just too rushed, and the movie is like 2 hours and could not fit the emotion and atmosphere of the war. Deaths don't mean anything on key characters as they don't get development prior, so people cannot empathize.

It was decent special effects, the acting was ok. The detail of the cinematics is very faithful though. It is like seeing the maps jn wow come to life.

Most people will see it once as a summer movie here. Not sure of the word of mouth as it looks like something you'd watch once and then move on.:/

Deleted
    I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    I am curious why you want to be the devil's advocate? Is it that important for you that a movie that clearly satisfies customers "fails" on some level? Where does this wish to destroy good things come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggressive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the aggressive defending is all.
    Not some, but a lot love it.
    You answered your own question. That and you made a new account just to ask this question.
    People are aggressively defending it just as much as people are aggressively hating it. There's always 2 sides.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

you probably look up reviews on rotten tomatoes don't you OP? just stop going there and look movies up on IMDB. I seriously don't see why people even go to that shit site?

A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    Quite frankly, a lot of the reviews I've read have been shit and it would be silly to have any strong feelings toward the movie simply because of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because it is about your own opinion. Something can be panned to shit and you can still enjoy it. Also the aggressive defending and those stupid ass reviews by people who haven't seen it yet are mostly fans of the Warcraft franchise. Only thing that annoys me about the reviews are the morons who post "Oh I haven't seen it yet but I totally know it's gonna be good 10/10".
    Also, you dig a little into this whole holywood critics sphere you'll find that almost all reviews from them are about swag cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Because, OP, we don't give a shit about critics reviews, especially when some directly attack the movie as "kids play WoW" as I've seen in some of them and give the movie 1/10. I literally can't take those reviews seriously.

The movie may not be the most amazing thing in existence, but most some of the critics are retarded. And I'm saying this as a person that thought the movie won't be good.

Last, but not least, why do you feel the need to attack the people that like the movie based on critic reviews? Are you a sheep that only care about the mainstream opinion? Make your own, don't follow the so called "critics", see what the regular people say at least if you truly want opinions.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-05-29 at 11:26 AM.

Because lots of people love it. And half of these shitty reviews blame the movie for something it wasn't meant to be - a world of warcraft movie. For me it is my favourite movie of 2016.

they're defending it because -shock horror!- it's actually a successful video game film! the first of its kind if i'm not mistaken? there's so many people who are dead set that video game film adaptations will always suck have rose tinted glasses welded onto their face that they can't see properly.

TLDR: warcraft movie is the best video game movie adaptation there is.

Deleted
    I´m defending it, because I enjoyed it - And I´m looking forward to see it again (I rarely watch new movies more than ones)
    No matter what Blizzard does these days, people love hating on it.

I have NEVER agreed 100% with critics, so I don´t trust any reviews I read - But they do have pointers that I agree with.
    Like the character development in Warcraft, was a bit lackluster.

Because some of us watched it and though it was rather good....