Mythic Zakuun Tips?

So we are now progressing on Zakuun and I was wondering if there is anything to make the fight a bit easier. We have pretty good DPS healing is a little bit of a problem but still okay. Anything that can make the fight easier. Thanks in advance!

Going to need logs to see why you're wiping. There's honestly nothing exceptionally hard about the fight - just make sure responsible people are soaking I guess.

Deleted
    Do more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghormus View Post
    Going to need logs to see why you're wiping. There's honestly nothing exceptionally hard about the fight - just make sure responsible people are soaking I guess.
    We only have about 10-15 pulls not necesarilly looking for help specific to my group just tips that can help 'cheese' the fight I guess. For instance with Iskar you can just have the tank hold the eye, use ring to blow up mythic add.

Thanks.

Bring more Arcane Mages, Sub Rogues, Aff Locks.

Since you are only getting to zakuun now and didn't even mention how you perform mechanically - I'll assume generally pretty badly.

Seeds are going to be the biggest problem for you. It's the wipe mechanic - the others like soaking pillars are just mild idiot checks. With this in mind, go for a strat that gets you as few seeds as possible.

1) You'll probably want to 3 heal
    2) Don't send people in for the soul cleave - yes they'll have the debuff for the whole fight so getting hit by waves is bad
    3) Let healers soak the first pillars since it happens so early the dps ring is up and its a dps loss to run all over to get them.

If you have good dps you'll get one seeds, if its average(ish) for progressing now you'll get 2. Survive them and win. We normally have the group move a LOT closer to the seed positions before it comes out and then scoot away if it isn't on them. Perfect the seeds and kill the boss imo.

Make sure your raiders have passed at least pre-Kindergarten and are aware of what shapes look like and can match them accordingly.

Here's the strat that we've used since we first pulled it:

Have a mage or a hunter stand between the ranged and melee group to soak cavitation. Any pillars between the "line" your 2 stack groups create and the gate don't soak, all others need to be soaked. If you get a terrible RNG spawn(rarely happens in my experience), shift the strategy so that the ranged group is the pivot point if need be.

As others said above, you can do 1 of 2 strats.

Strat 1:
    Soaking the pillars and getting rid of the debuff.
    Usually you'll have 3-4 groups of people set to soak pillars. These groups will go down with the tank and this will remove their debuff. Almost every class can survive the seeds, so best strat it to stack in a corner away from the raid and any pillars.
    Rinse and repeat until the boss is dead.
    For seeds, have ranged and healers move to the pre stack marker before seeds come out.

Strat 2: Burning the boss
    For this strat you ignore going down and just deal with the debuff the entire fight. This requires your raid to dodge every single wave, naturally this is harder.
    You can survive 1-2 hits after that it's most likely an instant wipe.
    Strat is otherwise same as strat 1.

Hope this helps!

Got it tonight thanks for the tips everyone.

Also it seems we may need to send a few people back to kindergarten

Congrats and may the odds be ever in your favor for the rest of the tier.

Do more dps.

You're welcome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    We only have about 10-15 pulls not necesarilly looking for help specific to my group just tips that can help 'cheese' the fight I guess. For instance with Iskar you can just have the tank hold the eye, use ring to blow up mythic add.

Thanks.
    We don't know your group comp, output, or anything. When asking for help, and someone requests relevant information, the way to go is not to say "i dont want to post logs"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Here's the strat that we've used since we first pulled it:

Have a mage or a hunter stand between the ranged and melee group to soak cavitation. Any pillars between the "line" your 2 stack groups create and the gate don't soak, all others need to be soaked. If you get a terrible RNG spawn(rarely happens in my experience), shift the strategy so that the ranged group is the pivot point if need be.

As others said above, you can do 1 of 2 strats.

Strat 1:
    Soaking the pillars and getting rid of the debuff.
    Usually you'll have 3-4 groups of people set to soak pillars. These groups will go down with the tank and this will remove their debuff. Almost every class can survive the seeds, so best strat it to stack in a corner away from the raid and any pillars.
    Rinse and repeat until the boss is dead.
    For seeds, have ranged and healers move to the pre stack marker before seeds come out.

Strat 2: Burning the boss
    For this strat you ignore going down and just deal with the debuff the entire fight. This requires your raid to dodge every single wave, naturally this is harder.
    You can survive 1-2 hits after that it's most likely an instant wipe.
    Strat is otherwise same as strat 1.

Hope this helps!
    this was excellently done
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    this was excellently done
    Thanks! Paint skills off the charts right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Thanks! Paint skills off the charts right?
    lol it's very simple but effective. If I was fresh to progression on Zakuun, this would do wonders.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    We don't know your group comp, output, or anything. When asking for help, and someone requests relevant information, the way to go is not to say "i dont want to post logs"
    Never once did I say I dont want to post logs I did say that we have only done 10-15 pulls. Most of which were pulls that was simply people getting a feel for the fight. I was asking for tips, as I noted in the post you quoted.

But as I said we have killed the boss so all is well.