Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nothing. If you don't like heirlooms, don't use them.
    /thread
    Pretty much this. You use heirlooms to lvl faster, not slower. Going too fast? Take em off xD

RE: Poll - None of the above.

If anything, remove heirlooms completely and bake the XP bonus in (toggle-able, obviously), whilst increasing it further for every char you already have maxed. Can keep them as a cosmetic set, or just a set that works as a basic levelling blue set with no real advantage other than the slot being filled constantly with something decent.

Other than that, leave them as they are. If I want to level fast I can - If I don't, then I won't use them.

Turn them into enchants you can put on your gear for the xp bonus.

Deleted
    - Add heirloom boots/belt/gloves (for transmog purposes)
    - Reduce the bonus xp to 3-5% per visible item (weapons excluded)
    - Remove the bonus xp from other items

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The new MMO-Champ slogan:

"It's not broke but God damn will we try to fix it!"
    It's like...
    I have a headache from reading these suggestions, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The new MMO-Champ slogan:

"It's not broke but God damn will we try to fix it!"
    So god damn true

But thats the way of the internet people love to come up with stupid shit just to watch people argue over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave them as they are. Even without heirlooms, the leveling is ridiculously mediocre. There won't be a challenge nor would I be happy to put up with that aspect of the game even longer than I have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is suffering. I like it to be sped up as much as possible. If you don't want to level quickly, save your gold by not purchasing heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I have to echo the 'Don't use them!' crowd. Choose not to use them and you won't level as fast. Genius!
    That works fine until you get into a dungeon or PvP where virtually everybody else has heirlooms and either they act like asshats because they think they're awesome due to how overpowered heirlooms are, or you simply can't touch them in PvP because of how overpowered heirlooms are.

The problem with heirlooms isn't the XP bonus, it's how they outclass by a wide margin the gear of a non-heirloomed player.

Therefore, the problem with heirlooms goes far beyond "don't use them if you don't like them." They affect everybody who plays, even (and especially) if somebody chooses not to use them, or doesn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That works fine until you get into a dungeon or PvP where virtually everybody else has heirlooms and either they act like asshats because they think they're awesome due to how overpowered heirlooms are, or you simply can't touch them in PvP because of how overpowered heirlooms are.

The problem with heirlooms isn't the XP bonus, it's how they outclass by a wide margin the gear of a non-heirloomed player.

Therefore, the problem with heirlooms goes far beyond "don't use them if you don't like them." They affect everybody who plays, even (and especially) if somebody chooses not to use them, or doesn't have them.
    Heirlooms only scale to rare quality and i have never been in group where someone got chewed out for not having looms.

As for pvp well thats a different story but then if you want to level up doing pvp then you should know the risks and if you dont you sure as shit will learn the risks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remove them completely. They were a terrible idea to begin with (IMO). This coming from an altaholic BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Remove them completely. They were a terrible idea to begin with (IMO). This coming from an altaholic BTW.
    Care to explain why they was so terrible? Iam a altaholic and quite frankly i dont think i couldve leveled up as many alts as i did without looms.

I chose other. Heirlooms need no changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    He's wrong. Leveling is broken for another reason - it's boring. Boring! BORING! And heirlooms helps a lot to deal with this shit as fast as possible.
    This poster hits the spot. Leveling is just another arduous wall you gotta hop before you get to the max level experience. They should take a long hard look at low level content before they do anything to the heirlooms.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    Care to explain why they was so terrible? Iam a altaholic and quite frankly i dont think i couldve leveled up as many alts as i did without looms.
    I'm guessing the answer might be, if you wouldn't\couldn't have leveled them without the heirlooms boost "you don't deserve to have them". I think gamers, or at least MMO players or maybe just WoW players are very strong into the Old man syndrome. "Back in my day we walked 10 miles, up hill, in the snow, both ways! and we were happy!" Now get off my lawn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I will never understand why people complain about removing optional content.

Optional is optional, don't like it, don't use it.
    Because complaining is all some people know how to do online. These forums are proof of that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The thing is New players cant afford heirlooms and if blizz doesn't want new players buying heirlooms from gold token then they can stick restrictions on heirlooms like you need at least 1 non boosted level 100 to purchase them so they have to experience it the old skool way first time liek we all did.

But to purposely gimp yourself when all you want to do is level up your alt fast seems insane to me i honestly cant see why people want to get rid of looms especially in legion where blizz seems to want you to explore each class and artifact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    Do we even play the same game? Leveling is so streamlined and so mind-numbingly easy that it's fast as shit for everyone. There are no "best quests" or "best zones", everything is on rails and everything is equally overpaced. You outlevel zones after doing a handful of quests in them and you outlevel zones by doing a SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON in that level range. It doesn't matter if you have heirlooms or not, it's an undertuned mess of a pacing, although looms definitely contribute to the problem.

And please stop coming up with the mythical "new players". Leveling is shit for everyone - veteran or not. There's no "skill" or "knowledge" involved when you're twoshotting every mob on the way to 100. And before someone states "but I like current leveling": no, you don't like leveling. You like to get to max level as fast and easy as possible. That's not the same. But there are still people who like the adventure - and there are more of us than you think.
    I am sure from seeing this that you have Never seen a new player, or interacted with one. My gf's friend started up in MoP and it took her several months to hit max level. Why? Because she wasn't optimized for stats, rotation, or even questing areas.

Its not "mythical new players", its the truth. New players Will have it harder while veteran players will, of course, find the leveling process crap when they are on their 3rd+ alt. That is how it works.

The system has problems, like being out leveled for a zone thanks to 1 dungeon, but not high enough to start the next. Or how you have to go from start to finish in a zone vs starting further in.

There are best quests and best zones. Have you never leveled outside of dungeons? You don't stay in silverpine as a level 20. You go to the next area. You don't stay in borean at level 75, you go to the next zone for Much better exp from quests. You don't skip a dungeon quest, which will generally give a ton more exp then a regular quest. There is a optimum way to level. Veteran players know them. New players don't. It wont even occur to a new player to move onto the next zone before the one they are on is finished. Heck, that is assuming they can find it.

There is also skill involved. A new player spamming frost bolt isn't going to be as skilled as a veteran using their fingers of frost procs. Or a new player who isn't using taunt on a pet. Can they two shot a mob? Sure. However, its less likely at higher levels and that is when the skill difference shows most between a new and a veteran player.

So, it has its problems, but like I said, being a veteran player only furthers those problems by a great amount. New players still take a long time and find it difficult. Personally, I don't see a need to change it. Everything is at max level. The tuning for the classes, the best content, PvP balance, everything is worked for max. Leveling can be fun, and should be, but you can't expect them to spend time on it when everything of importance is for max levels and there is no reason Not to be max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    +2% per slot for a total of 10%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Way to cherry pick there. Heirlooms are not a full set of gear, like boots or gloves. The heirloom rings, necklace and trinkets don't provide the XP increase either, so they are wholly replaceable by decent items from dungeons, quest rewards, etc. Even heirloom weapons can be replaced by good items found in the world. The biggest point to heirlooms is the xp boost and the benefit of transmog so you don't look like a clown throughout the leveling experience.
    Rings do give Xp %.

And 9/10 times, the items you get from Dungeons don't compete with heirlooms, cuz heirlooms scale with lvl, Dungeon gear does not.