10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Didn't know that. I know why the UK still uses pounds, cause it has more value over the Euro. The krone though is one of those currencies where you need a big number to buy a pack of gum. Like the old Greek drachma. Does it hold as much value as the Euro?
    Everyone loves big numbers, just look at WoW damage.... Ehm, maybe wrong analogy..

We don't want Bruxelles to dictate what our money is worth, and it have served us well.. We were promised ruin, if we said no to Euro, however, Denmark is one of three EU countries that have ALWAYS fulfilled the requirements for Euro..
    Germany was the first country to NoT fulfill, but noone had the balls to kick them out....... Which is why countries like Greece, Italy and Spain are still Euro countries; If you can't kick the first country that was disqualified, how can you kick the next?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-06-23 at 08:01 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You lost me right there mate, no Godwin bullshit please.
    Who is Godwin? Is that not what Hitler or any dictator tries to do? in a broad sense I mean (I'm no expert - but it sounds like a bunch of people trying to have a lot more control over me than they should - that's what I have issues with, if you don't agree with that point then you can disregard that particular statement, you're free to do that, doesn't invalidate everything that I said there.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-06-23 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    You are wrong i think. Well we will never switch but i think there will be more votes, as soon as they can imagine people forgetting the last one we will get the next one. They will keep doing it until either the euro or the eu or our membership of the eu ceases to be or we vote yes
    We voted in '92, '93, 2000 and '08..

Prior to each vote, there was tons and tons of discussion and talks, for years..

Since '08, it have been mute.. Not a single whisper..
    Without a minimum of 5-8 years of intense discussion, there will be no vote again.. In 2030 maybe, but not before, and by then EU will be a ghost of its former self... It if exists at all...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-06-23 at 08:02 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Remain. I like Game of Thrones. Don't let filming be more expensive and thus lower quality!
    Does a quality lower than shit exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Are people really willing to commit economic suicide?
    Nobody is going to let Britain suffer economically, though it might take a while to hammer out and vote on trade treaties. Britain is too big to fail.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Who is Godwin? Is that not what Hitler or any dictator tries to do? in a broad sense I mean (I'm no expert - but it sounds like a bunch of people trying to have a lot more control over me than they should - that's what I have issues with, if you don't agree with that point then you can disregard that particular statement, you're free to do that, doesn't invalidate everything that I said there.
    Was just poking fun, here it is for giggles: Godwin's Law

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We voted in '92, '93, 2000 and '08..

Prior to each vote, there was tons and tons of discussion and talks, for years..

Since '08, it have been mute.. Not a single whisper..
    Without a minimum of 5-8 years of intense discussion, there will be no vote again.. In 2030 maybe, but not before, and by then EU will be a ghost of its former self... It if exists at all...
    If only, it should be, but just as Britain doesn't need the EU, the EU doesn't need Britain to survive. However it does need Britain more than Britain needs it. Brexit will weaken it, but what concerns me greatly is the lengths they'd go to make it work - and they want me to cede power and security etc to that? No thank you - without that track record it's too much to ask, with that track record? Hell NO!!

btw.. where'd you get your avatar sig from? I wanna do something like that for my toons Fuxie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Was just poking fun, here it is for giggles: Godwin's Law
    oh, thanks mate, appreciate it, didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You can have Mertesacker, but we are keeping Mesut.
    That's not a really good deal. Especially not when you practically hated on Mesut for the entire first year. Poor lad.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Firstly you linked bodies that are funded by the eu so thats not shock there going to be negative and any bank is going to say the same as there the ones that are going to loose out if there is a brexit. You should check how policies are made in the eu and who has the power and who passed them it might open your eyes how un elected people get a massive say in things. Also google ttip and how it will affect the nhs as it shorted it for you it would force the nhs to become a private body. There are plenty more but its a long day
    Why is it that everytime a source its put, people inmediatly call it a sellout if the disagree, rather than explaining why its wrong or at least put a study or academic paper that you consider trustworthy so we can see where are you getting your views and have a proper discussion.
    Needles to say are you really ok with renegotiating 100 trade agreements with less than favorable conditions on your side? And take all of the uncertainty that comes with it.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-23 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Today is June 23rd, this mean TODAY is the day you vote!
    Please don't say you're not voting because your voice won't be heard and all of this bs. Your vote counts and is pretty vital, I posted in this thread being unsure but I think I'm going to vote remain.

No. This has been in a discussion quite a lot over the years, but we will LOSE money if we switch to Euros. It's too risky.
    Welcome back in the land of the sane. We have cool drinks and warm sun over here and the outcast does not include armageddon tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Kind of exciting, you don't get to cast a historical vote every day. Though the Scottish referendum was pretty historical.
    I agree, even I'm a bit excited and I'm not in the UK at all. Aside from bullshit wars or terrorist attacks, this is actually a pretty cool piece of history to witness. Or perhaps it's a dud that'll be forgotten tomorrow. Either way, it could be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LOL

First off, UK is far from the only EU country that doesn't use the Euro..
    Second, EU is only 28 of 47 countries in Europe. None of the 19 use Euro.

Thus.... The majority of European countries DOES NOT use the crap Euros... In fact, 19 of 48 use it..

Denmark will never switch.. We've voted no for it FOUR TIMES.. The politicians dare not put it up for vote again..
    That's fine, though. You still take the Euro as currency anyway. As a German living near the Danish border, I don't care what you use as long as you take the Euro near Flensburg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So what do you propose european countries should do instead to not be pawns of the big powers like they were during the cold war. Like history has shown happens to all middle and little powers compared to the big boys?
    They'll always be pawns. Remove the EU and make all states independant again with no trade treaties... Germany, France and the UK are still going to dominate the continent, Italy, Spain and Greece are still getting invaded by armies of tourists every year and Eastern Europe will still be the poor dude in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    S&P says Brexit would prompt swift downgrade of Britain

The other two major credit agencies have stated almost identical risks.

So, if Brexit, UK

• loses sovereignty
    • throws its currency under a bus (GBP/USD 1.0000 here we come!)
    • creates massive uncertainty that will last a minimum of 2 years and perhaps as much as 10 years for a full Brexit (no EEA)
    • gets downgraded so raising its borrowing costs at a time when barely starting to grow again
    • at risk of an almost immediate recession with a realistic worst case scenario of over a 5% loss in economy and living standards in 2 years (IMF)
    • cancels all 50+ trade treaties with everyone except WTO (each ONE of which takes 10 years average to negotiate normally)
    • has to review all and redo much of trade law, state law, government powers, budgets, taxes, EU nationals rights, return of full border controls with Europe, risk most foreign and domestic capital investments
    • immediately create major uncertainty in many high mobility sectors including higher education, manufacturing, financial services, research, technology, etc.
    • create and escalate massive constitutional issues from Scottish independence to retain EU membership, risks to Northern Ireland peace process (current open border to Ireland is important)

all for ... what, exactly?
    So they can show everyone the finger and prove that they are utterly British and never, never, never shall be slaves! When national pride supercedes common sense, you know you have a true Briton in front of you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I find it daft tbh if we do leave and the EU going be like no more trade we cant control you no more wahh wahh wah dummy out the pram ... hopfully wont come to that

It's not what Hitler or any dictator tried to do. The key word is "dictator". I'll let you think about the difference between a dictator and the EU for a bit... I'll be back in about oh, say 15 minutes when the coin dropped for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's not what Hitler or any dictator tried to do. The key word is "dictator". I'll let you think about the difference between a dictator and the EU for a bit... I'll be back in about oh, say 15 minutes when the coin dropped for you?
    What's wrong with a dictatorship? There's nothing inherently bad about it. It's just a form of rulership like democracy.

Already voted Leave

It's strange hearing the broadcasters talk about everything but the referendum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hum, so it seems you can blame anything on the French after all... and I just now realise we have way too few French posters to make this banter actually fun. )
    From what I read, those people learned selected part of France history that fits some kind of will to hate on France, and ignore the rest. They can think what they want, I dare them to come over here and move their mouth about that white flag shit in front of adults approximatively my age. then we will see post like "oh I've been to Paris visiting the subhuman surrenders and I can say for sure they are detestable!" No shit seriously? In which country can you shit on local people and expect them to keep their smile?
    In the meantime, they are just talking shit on an internet board, all safe behind a screen. How courageous....
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-06-23 at 09:04 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In 1991 Ukraine held a referendum on leaving the USSR, the arguments for/against were essentially identical to our referendum. 23 years later Ukraine was invaded by Russia, so unless you want France to annex Cornwall vote Remain!

Hey it's better than Cameron's WW3 argument

I think we need a bit of Boris to brighten up the day.

Wait a sec, isn't the EU trying to do exactly what Hitler was trying to do? The way he planned to govern and rule the world, where he and is elite decide everything that's best for you and you have to accept it, no matter what, everything controlled where in life you can't control everything comes out of naive fear? Naive because you will be for thinking you can control everything, and fear because that's the reason you try so hard to control everything.
    It's funny you should say that, because the way some people go on about why they're voting Brexit to "make the country great again" and "show everyone who's boss" is the same way that Hitler went about starting WW2 because of the Treaty of Versailles etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think we need a bit of Boris to brighten up the day.

Guys guys guys, we don't use fear, but if you vote to stay in your going to get flooded with immigrants and all your freedoms are going to get taken away! We don't use fear though!

10+ Year Old Account
    when do we know the results of brexit
    Hi