Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Already found a source "The EEA countries that are not part of the EU do not bear the financial burdens associated with EU membership"
    http://www.eu-norway.org/eu/Financia.../#.V2wsRbgqqM8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    strictly speaking the schengen treaty and the freedom of movement are distinct, it would be possible for the UK to negotiate a treaty that preserves schengen, and it might not be, neither outcome is guaranteed.
    Nope, they're not. It's a treaty that was signed in '85 in Schengen (hence the name) and all EEA countries that are not in the EU (Norway, Switzerland) have signed agreements that associate them directly with the Schengen treaty, making them effective and legal members of what we call the Schengen Area, despite not being in the EU.

It would, technically, be possible for the UK to negotiate a treaty that makes it not part of Schengen. But when virtually all other countries and experts say that's not going to happen, I wouldn't make any bets on it. If Brexit wins, the EU will actually terminate all special deals the UK has. It will delete all rebates, it will delete all access, the EU will completely shut the UK out. That is what has been repeated over and over again in the past few days.

Not to punish them per se, but because THAT IS HOW THIRD COUNTRIES DEAL WITH THE EU. If Britain wants out, then it wants out. That means no more rebates, no more special deals. It means you start from scratch, make a new agreement and since the UK at that point has virtually nothing to bring to the table, they will get a pretty shitty deal out of it. This much is certain. How badly exactly it will be nobody knows, but you can absolutely look at Norway to get a sneak preview of it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If your taste is skewed by a strong desire for dog food, maybe <.<
    Roast dinner alone is better than anything Poland has ever come up with in its entire history - cabbage is NOT a delicacy and should NEVER be regarded as a Christmas treat, nor is beetroot soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pretty sure you said the UK would pay the same as they do now.
    Well, that is not true. They'll pay a heck of a lot more than they currently do. Which makes the idea of a Brexit actually fucking amusing, if you think about it. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    British food is infinitely better than Polish food.

British food is on a par with the likes of Germany and the less bizzare crap they serve in Scandinavian countries, it gets a bad reputation due to comparisons with French food, but they are a bunch of poncey lah-di-da Gunner Grahams.
    Scandinavian food is bizare? It may be rotten / fermented in some cases but bizare?

Was going to vote Remain but I don't know if I'm prepared for the apocalypse being brought down upon us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As much as I get what you and Acidbaron are saying, spare a thought for those of us that want to remain and would go down with the ship if we voted to leave.
    Yet maintaining the current situation is not doing anyone any good either. It creates obstructions in EU legislature things get slowed down and the apparatus is already slow enough.

Also let's say camp exit wins, the process of leaving doesn't happen over night and people realizing it ain't all that great as was made out to be first could change public opinion rather fast. Those easily swayed to vote an exit will jump on the other ship just as fast

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As much as I get what you and Acidbaron are saying, spare a thought for those of us that want to remain and would go down with the ship if we voted to leave.
    Oh, I absolutely sympathise with you guys. I wrote that yesterday when I voiced this thought for the first time already. I am absolutely against Brexit for this very reason alone, the satisfaction of seing the ship sink is merely an academical one happening in my head. It would be funny to see it actually happen, but nobody here wants it. If anything, we'd want you guys to finally join the EU proper... with Euro and all. But since that'll never happen before hell freezes over, we're happy to grudgingly accept the special treatment you get thus far if some of your idiotic friends would just stop being a bitch about it...

That degree of power was what I was trying to determine, I know the US President has more powers than our Prime Minister, but German political power for the Reichschancellor is unknown to me.
    The scale would be US > France > Germany > UK > Italy/Spain/Poland/Netherlands/Sweden.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You (or your parents) had to register your home adress for that, though.
    You have to do that anyway, but that is how they know your address and where and for what you can vote (local elections etc.).
    Well, yes. Naturally. Everyone has to do it. This happens when you're born. I mean, ok, technically I was registered at birth, I assume.

Roast dinner alone is better than anything Poland has ever come up with in its entire history - cabbage is NOT a delicacy and should NEVER be regarded as a Christmas treat, nor is beetroot soup.
    All know that me and my fellow austrians have the best cuisine in europe, all hail the Schnitzelreich
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2016-06-23 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post

Was going to vote Remain but I don't know if I'm prepared for the apocalypse being brought down upon us.
    These anti-lefties.....

I wonder what would happen if you told them which government took us into the EU in the first place and that the EU was traditionally a right wing baby.

But then that would require them to listen.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlet_schabowy > roast. Agree with you on cabbage though. The only acceptable form of it is bigos and that's only thanks to all the meat.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-23 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scale would be US > France > Germany > UK > Italy/Spain/Poland/Netherlands/Sweden.
    Err..no.

France > Middle East/Greece > Italy > Britain/Germany/US/Spain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Poland.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlet_schabowy > roast. Agree with you on cabbage though. The only acceptable of it is bigos and that's only thanks to all the meat.
    You have never had a decent roast if you think breaded pork beats it. Heathen.

Don't know, you can do some amazing things with cabbage

I don't think anything beats english pub food, roasts, steak and kidney pie(kiwis love to bang on about how great their meat pies are but they are shit, seriously). One of the things I miss about the UK.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

That degree of power was what I was trying to determine, I know the US President has more powers than our Prime Minister, but German political power for the Reichschancellor is unknown to me.
    Bundeschancellor, mate. Bundeschancellor. :P

Deleted
    If they decide to leave the EU I hope the EU will deny any benefits for them.

Err..no.
    I meant in terms of the power of the head of government -.-' Agree with your placing of Poland though.

You have never had a decent roast if you think breaded pork beats it. Heathen.
    My religion > your religion! Burn the pagan \o\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Bundeschancellor, mate. Bundeschancellor. :P
    I was going to go with Fuhrer or Mutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    This is unthinkable in Germany. Merkel did not even ask our parliament before you let in over 1.2 million migrants for months, there was no debate. We had 2 interviews on TV with her where she was not questioned and was allowed to spew the same phrases over and over again.
    She was bound by treaties signed decades ago anyway (every European country but Belarus did), but I suppose she could have just ignored those throwing Greece and Hungary to the wolves. Maybe that would have been better since those two promptly stabbed her in the back.