Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Don't you mean...

Lays?
    We don't say that word round these parts. Just because they call them something different doesn't mean they aren't Walkers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No EU negotiating team would even bother to suggest it.
    I've always thought Schengen looks good to countries that border each other but doesn't have much to offer a nation with a fairly large moat around it.

The other poster said that Merkel could authorise Germany to open their borders without the consent of the German Parliament, but I do not believe that our Prime Minister has that authority. I am not even sure he can legally close them unless in an emergency.
    She cannot authorise it as such. She can order it, but the judicative will check if she was authorised by the legislative to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...ctic_Territory. I think it's separate from the Falklands.
    Yeah it was a joke, the only reason we held onto the Falklands is because we used it as a stop over to get to the Antarctic.

Ofcourse then the Argies invaded and now its a pride thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hopefully we will never find out. But since the UK needs a deal more than the EU does, I wouldn't bet on the UK liking the new deal at all. In fact, I'd bet on them hating it a lot. And everything connected to it. Don't think British sentiments are much of a concern to EU negotiators at this point.
    You seem confused as to how negotiations work. The UK is never going to accept Schengen, so nobody will bother to use it as a negotiating tactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    South Yorkshire best Yorkshire. Rather be from round here than sounding like i'm stuck on half speed all the time like they do in West Yorkshire.
    South Yorkshire has the slow accent aka Barnsley

Isn't Reichstag also the name of the parliament (Bundestag+Bundesrat) as a whole?
    Nope. Reichstag in recent history is either the Parliament of the pre-1945 era, or the name of the building (which was named after the function as a meeting hall for aforementioned Parliament).

After 1945 it goes a bit like this: Bundestag (US House of Representatives, electorial representation) + Bundesrat (US Senate, that is state representation) = Bundesparlament (both Bundestag + Bundesrat = US Congress).

Edit: Corrected my brain fart about US politics...
    Edit 2: Corrected my brain fart about German politics as well... sheesh.
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-06-23 at 07:33 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

British food is on a par with the likes of Germany and the less bizzare crap they serve in Scandinavian countries, it gets a bad reputation due to comparisons with French food, but they are a bunch of poncey lah-di-da Gunner Grahams.
    Incidentally the worst food anyone ever dared to serve me was French food in France.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well yeah but thats Barnsley, I live 10 minutes away, so I have a completely different accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all sound like mongs. No offence.

Deleted
    Since people keep asking, here are the timing of polling area announcements:

21:00 UTC (22:00 BST / 5pm ET) - polls close
    23:30 UTC (00:30 BST / 7:30pm ET) - announcements start
    02:30 UTC (03:30 BST / 10:30pm ET) - past 50% mark announcements
    06:00 UTC (07:00 BST / 2am ET) - official result and final announcement.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-23 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    I live right between Barnsley and Doncaster and I prefer Barnsley's accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Yes its still called Reichstagsgebäude but its never called like that in german media here for obvious reasons, most of the times its just called Bundestag.
    Depends, if you're talking about the actual building, you will see media use Reichstag. An example is "Protesters gathered in front of the Reichstag". If you're talking about the legislative body, they're saying Bundestag. "The Bundestag was in session today." But they aren't referring to the building, they are referring to the body that was in session.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Doncaster doesn't even have an accent, they just speak in grunts.

Going to celebrate your remain in the EU with fish & chips (fries) tommorow. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    That's like shit for shite

Baaaaaaaaarnslyyyyyyyy or Doncasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Deleted
    Leave. As a romanian I don't want UK to endure our criminals. Send them back to our country, you shouldn't have to handle our issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As much as I get what you and Acidbaron are saying, spare a thought for those of us that want to remain and would go down with the ship if we voted to leave.
    We do, that is why we are participarting in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope. Reichstag in recent history is either the Parliament of the pre-1945 era, or the name of the building (which was named after the function as a meeting hall for aforementioned Parliament).

After 1945 it goes a bit like this: Bundestag (US congress, electorial representation) + Bundesrat (US senate, that is state representation) = Bundesversammlung (both Bundestag + Bundesrat).
    I don't think Bundesversammlung is what I had in mind. From what I know it's a special institution that gathers only every few yearsthat has specific tasks to do (election of the president and other president-related tasks). For example, in Poland there is the lower chamber - Sejm, upper chamber - Senat and together they form Parliament of Poland. But, when both chambers work together (also mostly president-related issus, like taking the oath from the president), they are called the National Assembly, not the Parliament. I think Bundesrversammlung would be the equivalent of Polish National Assembly and not the name for the Parliament itself. But I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-23 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I don't think Bundesversammlung is what I had in mind. It's a special institution that gathers only every few years and thing that has specific tasks to do (election of the president and the like). For example, in Poland there is the lower chamber - Sejm, upper chamber - Senat and together they form Parliament of Poland. But, when both chambers work together (like taking the oath from the president), they are called the National Assembly. I think Bundesrversammlung would be the equivalent of Polish National Assembly and not the name for the Parliament itself. But I may be wrong.
    I corrected my own idiocy. Please read my post again. Sorry about the confusion, it's been a while since I actually bothered to talk about these terms, usually it's just important to know what Bundestag and -rat do, not what their combination is legally called.