Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I know. And I thank all that vote to stay. But the reality is harsh. As it is, UK looks like a quiter. The world economic situation is harsh, EU is just one of the players and UK is stabbing it in the back, all the while spouting nonsenses like it will do better on its own, disregarding the massive evidence that contradicts it.

And disregarding the economic aspects, the EU/its predecesor was created as a measure to prevent WW3 in Europe. If ppl think that there is no way it will happen and that everyone can just play their own game ... I fear there will be a big surprise for us in the future.
    we save £10~ billion leaving the EU. that itself is likely enough to contend with a minor collapse of our economy in the short term (i would imagine 1% gdp is fine, 2% is likely and would be obviously bad). yes, our economy will suffer in the short term (8-10 years)... afterwards though it'll grow, and we (UK) will be in a much better position.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No the rule was always first country they set foot in.
    Has to register them, and that was a rule the EU made among themselves.
    The treaty all these countries signed before just mentioned that every signatory must grant asylum to anyone who turns up within their borders requesting it with due cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Britain never started any world wars, we just won them.
    Well, the US did. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if we vote to leave, do you guys think cameron would resign in the autumn?
    I think both Cameron and Osborne would have to go, Cameron has put all his eggs in one basket and remarks of things like little Britain have not gone down well with a lot of his own Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Whatever your convictions, we have been given a golden opportunity here that not every other member state has been given that choicel They've just forced their electorate into it. When they hold a referendum on the whole thing, we'll see, but as you notice, they wouldn't dare do so, this horrible idea of teh EU really is just bad, big mess is being forced down your throat, and I as a brit will exercise my 100% democratic right to go OUT !!!
    Every member state has been given that choice when they signed the Lisbon Treaty. UK is just the first to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

we save £10~ billion leaving the EU. that itself is likely enough to contend with a minor collapse of our economy in the short term (i would imagine 1% gdp is fine, 2% is likely and would be obviously bad). yes, our economy will suffer in the short term (8-10 years)... afterwards though it'll grow, and we (UK) will be in a much better position.
    Keep telling yourself that. "Afterwards though it'll grow" is a promise stock brokers like to hear. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Makes me wonder how English speaking people think sometimes... So when they read "The British Parliament was in session" do they actually have the mental image of the House of Parliament walking off to have a meeting with someone?

Sometimes these linguistic questions are so refreshingly naive.
    No, they just have to be more careful with their context sometimes.

With the sentence "He held a speech in front of the British Parliament." for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, they just have to be more careful with their context sometimes.

With the sentence "He held a speech in front of the British Parliament." for example.
    But hey, complain about German being "complicated." :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the US did. :P
    Pretty confident we won both.

Nobody did it singlehandedly, but without Britain both World Wars would have been losses for the Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I think both Cameron and Osborne would have to go, Cameron has put all his eggs in one basket and remarks of things like little Britain have not gone down well with a lot of his own Tories.
    He may have to go regardless. If every Euro'sceptic' voted no confidence he wouldn't have the numbers to stay unless Labour or the SNP felt charitable (fat chance).

Do you mean mint sauce? Peppermint sauce sounds more like the sort of thing you would have on a dessert.
    Exactly. Only the British can come up with an idea like putting it on venison.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    He may have to go regardless. If every Euro'sceptic' voted no confidence he wouldn't have the numbers to stay unless Labour or the SNP felt charitable (fat chance).
    boris for PM. trump for POTUS

imagine how awesome the world would be

Deleted
    it is just quite interesting that you never win for the decisions that go against the Euro elite.. if tha't not awarning bell i don't know what is.
    Sweden, Denmark, The UK neither use the Euro - The Lisbon treaty - You getting to discriminate against poles - All of these were losses - the first two BIG ones.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Your definition of awesome seems to be lacking

It might however be the end of the anglosaxon dominance.

But hey, complain about German being "complicated." :P
    I'd rather call it "complex".

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Your definition of awesome seems to be lacking

It might however be the end of the anglosaxon dominance.
    I couldn't think of a combination that would alienate the US and the UK from everyone else faster than that. Heck, even Putin looks attractive next to Drumpf... he rides fucking bears barechested ffs. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'd rather call it "complex".
    I call it precise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Sweden, Denmark, The UK neither use the Euro - The Lisbon treaty - You getting to discriminate against poles - All of these were losses - the first two BIG ones.
    When i voted no to Maastricht i did not vote no for Denmark, i voted no to the whole deal for the entirety of the EEC. Instead i got to vote again on an exception to 4 random things for Denmark alone like we needed to be bloody special snow flakes. So yeah i voted no again.

If a remain does result in open tory warfare, they'd be unlikely to win the ensuing election (although since the fixed term parliament act, it's not been tested that a vote of no confidence would lead to dissolution).

it is just quite interesting that you never win for the decisions that go against the Euro elite.. if tha't not awarning bell i don't know what is. And you don't need to reply with a really obvious statement like that, anyone can see what is going on here. The problem at stake here is you the electorate cannot make deicisions or hold this body to account nor can you influence it directly. That is not free, that's not the sort of democracy lives were lost for in this country, only to just sign it away?

NO THANK YOU !!!! I vote OUT !!!
    I guess that's why the European Constitution went and died. Because the Illuminati Reptilian Overlords hiding behind the facade of the EU elite never lose. Everyone can see that, you only need to be a True American British Patriot and inject tinfoil into your eyeballs.

You can hold EU institutions to account just fine by the way. European Council and Council of the European Union at the level of national governments and however they are accountable, European Parliament in Elections and European Commission through a vote of no confidence. It has been repeated to you like 5 billion times and it still is as effective as teaching a table Japanese.

And sure, EU is not the same sort of democracy like UK lives were lost for. Because UK democracy with its unelected House of Lords, remains of the monarchy and first past the post voting system is clearly the inferior type of democracy. But if you want to wallow in it, you're free to do so.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-23 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Britain never started any world wars, we just won them.
    Good for you .... how did London look after your win ? Next time there won't be shambles ... just flat land.

So, basically ... you are giving every other country in the world 10 years to catch up to you, take over your markets, betting that later on, you will compensate for the time lost. Fingers crossed it works out in the end. Btw ... quitting EU will invalidate around 50 trade agreements for UK ... 1 agreement takes around 10 years to renegotiate and you can negotiate just a few at the same time. On top of that, most of current UK trade agreements use access to EU market as the major bargaining chip, so ... gl.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.