10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Nothing really to do with what I said. We saw the best of Syria in the mid-50s and 60s when it... well, frankly, was its most British-like.
    'Civilized', because making a culture out to be 'barbaric' is apparently a rational argument and not a value judgement pulled out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Seems to be unserious , a buffoon, an opportunist. But thats with very little reading of British politics and I am sure somewhat off.
    John Oliver is not a reliable source for British politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The moral of the story here being simply that Britain's ad hoc firetrap of a political system doesn't produce very good governments.
    We have had decent governments and poor governments. The worst by far have been the actual left wing ones of the 1970s, who nearly destroyed the nation, the best the centrist ones.

Sounds like Farrage forgot to mention xenophobic and racist in his speech just now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    my mother bought dollars.. i think this will make them stronger
    You might as well buy gold and yens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, get ready for another recession folks.

The markets always drop at the slightest provocation, the markets are like nervous hens. Two weeks from now whatever the vote is the markets will be back to normal or pretty close to normal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol at Farage. He said "we achieved independence without a single bullet fired" or something like that. I don't think that was a classy choice of words.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Theoretically, yes, but see... summer vacations are booked already. And nobody wants to see England in winter. And even then, if you want to see England, you would regardless of the money. I don't expect a big rise in tourism based on a pounding on the pound. :P
    Dude you know nothing of currency if you dont. Proximity and price is everything. Canada shitty currency right now boosted tourrist by 35%. Are you saying England is less tourrism worthy then Canada? Weak currency is also good for exports, its always a net gain. Both the Pound and the EU are getting pounded, every currency gets pounded during uncertainty. The UK and the EU will be fine what ever the vote results.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-06-24 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Vote leave they said, everything will be fine they said.

for uneducated idiots, facts doesnt mean anything
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    I fully expect Cameron to appear, tell the assorted Press to "clear up the mess you just made by yourself" and leave.

Deleted
    I can go to bed for a couple of hours now. Hoping to get up to find the vote impacted by postals and so on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    John Oliver is not a reliable source for British politics.
    Considering I haven't actually watched an episode of his show where he talks about him I will take your word for it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lol at Farage. He said "we achieved independence without a single bullet fired" or something like that. I don't think that was a classy choice of words.
    He is not a very smart person... he thinks he is but .... words can not describe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The markets always drop at the slightest provocation, the markets are like nervous hens. Two weeks from now whatever the vote is the markets will be back to normal or pretty close to normal.
    No, they won't. The uncertainty will still remain because Britain will have to work out new trade deals with the EU and potentially the US, and do so from a far inferior bargaining position. To say nothing of the people moving around and the unemployment from firms leaving the UK en masse, and the potential triggering of another Scotland independence referendum.

uhhh yeah all you guys cheering the yen...yeah the Japan 10yr bond is uhhhh yielding even further negative yields. Central planning is backfiring bad right now. Good idea to get as far from the EU time bomb as possible.

2 good things about all of this from me personally.

1 If the pound drops. Then that makes warhammer books cheaper for me.

2 if the uk leaves the EU then the next step is for them to join the United States and become the 51st state.

10+ Year Old Account
    The count isn't even half over.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Are the people who made the Independence day movie paying these guys to keep using the line from the first movie?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Well, you could say that Brexit supporters don't feel the EU will ever go far enough to make the arrangement truly work(and likely don't want to go that far because muh sovereignty). It's a fair point though. If you look at the power of states in the US now versus when the US was formed, the states are exceptionally weak compared to the federal government now.
    If British statehood would reignite American understanding and appreciation of federalism, that the fewest powers should held at the highest level, the widest at the lowest, I'd be all for it. In the meantime, I'm just hoping that Britain will endure qua Britain. Again, this has pretty much been the beating heart of all that we recognize as the first world, modern human civilization, for centuries, it can not go gentle. I think of Britain I think Magna Carta Libertatum, I think the Royal Navy annihilating slave fortresses in Africa, I think the stalwart that held the western front against one of the worst outcroppings of statism in the history of man, the Third Reich. The world is a better place for the influence Britain has had on it. Were I one of them I'd have voted Leave quite proudly. The EU has always needed them more than they needed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow some pretty violent reactions from the remain people. It's not even over yet and people are flipping out.

A votes a vote, just because you might be in the minority does not mean the system is wrong.
    You're a towel.