Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    People already are. UK is fearing a brain drain right now. The search for 'moving out of UK' on google peaked today like crazy.
    Good, the more the better. I can't wait until Trump wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    By not protecting the businesses that made this country great (see the Siemens case, the Volkswagen case, and the hundreds of others).
    By not protecting the interests of the country, its people and its economy.
    By not standing up to the "big brother" that is openly spying on the highest government officials of the country as well as the businesses of the country.
    The list can go on.
    Volkswagen needed to be hit by repercussions. If not others would follow lead and do the same if they could get $ without any repercussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ama-brexit.cnn

I'm really starting to abhor his fucker.

Deleted
    By not protecting the businesses that made this country great (see the Siemens case, the Volkswagen case, and the hundreds of others).
    By not protecting the interests of the country, its people and its economy.
    By not standing up to the "big brother" that is openly spying on the highest government officials of the country as well as the businesses of the country.
    The list can go on.
    So Germany should bend the law to protect big companies based on what they achieved in the past? That's not how laaw works.
    Where does Germany not protect the interests of the country? Last I checked Germany is doing really well economically. If you compare it to other past economic trailblazers like Austria, Germany is doing significantly better.
    The last one I agree with, GErmany, and the whole of the EU, shouldn't just accept American spying, but with the US' lapdog out of the Union, maybe it will

Nope, I was a remain person cause I knew they'd never keep their promises. Just having a giggle that one of them is already being swept under the carpet within a day of the result. It's like a new record for speediest promise drop, I would have to research other contenders but I'm liable to give it to them cause it was so awfully obvious.
    The count wasn't even over and Farage already admitted, that he basically lied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yes, mostly the understanding that it's necessary, self-driving, and entirely predictable; and therefore manageable in a growing economy - which we have. Denial of those things, and the promises of 'control' that shouldn't be, and can't be kept, allow them to be a convenient scapegoat with no power to vote you out.
    They can be kept though. UKIP aimed their anti-immigrant policy primarily at Polish and other Eastern European workers for a reason, that reason being that they increased competition for British workers, which mainly affected the working class.

Look at the demographics of the leave voters, the middle class voted to remain, it was the people that traditionally Labour courted who swung it to a leave vote.

A million Polish people meant a million other people competing for the work they did and that was never addressed due to the EU making free movement of workers a core philosophy.

EU immigration was the issue that UKIP targeted, it was the issue that Labour and Lib Dems would never touch and the Tories were reluctant to do anything about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    No it's true. Why would the US support allies that don't do anything for us? If the UK does it fair share, it's more valuable than the EU.
    Except UK did little in that regard in past years while others like Germany, Poland and many others increased their support for US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    *sigh*

Trump, a firm believer in butterfly effect :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    where would I go, I claim welfare, haven't had a job in over a decade, wonder what my chances are like now.'
    If you can use a computer and learn how to use cutting tools you can have my shitty Quality Control job, i'm gonna go learn C#, get into unity and then fuck off to the mainland.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

WTF he actually wanted Britain the leave, then shows up in Scotland who wanted to remain and blames Obama? The guys got more faces than the House of Black and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No it would not cause a widespread exodus from the EU, this is an argument based on what a child would do, not what nations would do.
    Right ... I just don't understand where you got the idea that EU will have to bend to UK. Sure UK is important, but half of UK export goes to EU. Half of EU export does not go to UK. Comparing absolute numbers, the loss woult be similar between UK and EU, but in relative numbers, the damage dealt would be much bigger to UK.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

*sigh*

I thought Trump supported the Brexit, now he's giving Obama the "credit" for it. I guess his plan to make America great again is to needlessly and inexplicably start kissing British ass for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Britain paid 11 Billion to the EU and got 6 Billion. So Britain only paid 5 Billion per year - and thats pretty much nothing considering how big the british economy is. They paid less than 100 Mios per week. Or 1.5 £ per week per UK citizen. That is literally nothing.
    While I've no idea what the point of that is to my pointing out a promise was already being abandoned by those that were making it. I know the UK paid £18bn, got a £5bn rebate, and £4.5bn in funding for a net outgoing of £8.5bn. I'm having my laugh as suggested at this quick dropping of a promise made during the campaign. I also know none of the money we'll get back from not spending it on the EU will likely be spent getting new trade deals or ending up plugging holes in the deficit. Assuming the economy stabilizes as that will effect the true value of that spending and what it could actually do if it does become free for the treasury to use.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-06-24 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Volkswagen needed to be hit by repercussions. If not others would follow lead and do the same if they could get $ without any repercussions.
    Others have followed, and are following.
    All OEMs cut corners. In case of VW at least no one was killed because of that, unlike in case of GM for example.

All the difference is that with GM the US government will protect it, and with VW the German government was the first to grab a pitchfork and start a witchhunt.
    Too scared to have own opinion, too scared to protect what's important for the country.

Too scared to even demand an apology for being spied at.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I thought Trump supported the Brexit, now he's giving Obama the "credit" for it. I guess his plan to make America great again is to needlessly and inexplicably start kissing British ass for some reason.
    He does support Brexit, Obama went to the UK and demanded them to stay in the EU and look what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is that "homicidal maniac in a claymore and a kilt" when you need him?

Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Listening to Farage does not constitute "research". Watching a couple of "debates" on TV, doesn't constitute research.

Anyone with half a brain knew that the 350 million figure being thrown around was wrong, and if anyone, and I mean literally anyone, didn't think the pound would drop, then they are retarded, and there's no other way to put that.

If you've been suckered in by propaganda, then you deserve everything that coming.

Not everyone has a oxford education to understand all the BS surrounding governments EU rules and regulations, last year no one was interested and I bet no one knew what a referendum was or what it meant. No one give a flying fuck about it until the last minute and voted based on the information that was given at the time.
    Don't be judging people saying they deserve everything they get because this also applies to you my friend. You are just as bad as everyone else at making judgement's.

And to those slating Farage about the 350m NHS.

Farage wasn't even in the party that stated 350m would go into the NHS ffs but I will say this, without paying the huge EU membership fees more funding to the NHS will come naturally any way.

Embrace this change don't get upset about it.

Deleted
    They can be kept though. UKIP aimed their anti-immigrant policy primarily at Polish and other Eastern European workers for a reason, that reason being that they increased competition for British workers, which mainly affected the working class.

Look at the demographics of the leave voters, the middle class voted to remain, it was the people that traditionally Labour courted who swung it to a leave vote.

A million Polish people meant a million other people competing for the work they did and that was never addressed due to the EU making free movement of workers a core philosophy.

EU immigration was the issue that UKIP targeted, it was the issue that Labour and Lib Dems would never touch and the Tories were reluctant to do anything about.
    Actually the UK always askef for this. It was the british government that wanted cheap east europan workers.

And thats why the british government even accelerated that process. Germany actually did the opposite and delayed it as long as possible.

I am sorry to disappoint you. But the UK government was a driving force behind this.

10+ Year Old Account

Yet by restricting immigration in that way would have led to a substantial skill shortage and hurt the economy badly, the main parties actually understood that. Those million Poles weren't competing for jobs that those locals could do; because whichever way you want to paint it, it's easier to employ locals than it is to persuade people to move 2,000 miles to a new country.

Deleted
    All the difference is that with GM the US government will protect it, and with VW the German government was the first to grab a pitchfork and start a witchhunt.
    Rightly so. It cannot be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    He does support Brexit, Obama went to the UK and demanded them to stay in the EU and look what happened.
    Yes, something that he wanted to happen, happened. #thanksobama

Seriously, I don't get where people like you and Trump get off sucking up to the British, it's not like they'll give you any respect or appreciation back. In case you haven't realized, they don't rule us anymore. They do what we say now, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Yes, something that he wanted to happen, happened. #thanksobama

Seriously, I don't get where people like you and Trump get off sucking up to the British, it's not like they'll give you any respect or appreciation back. In case you haven't realized, they don't rule us anymore. They do what we say now, not the other way around.
    Who is sucking up to who? No one is sucking up to anyone. I just said it's good for them to leave lol.