Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But remember guys, nothing will happen to UK financial sector! Wait, what does the UK have going for them other than that again?
    A story that has already been refuted by the company itself.

Source: http://bbc.in/28RTXqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Knee jerk reactions aren't a reliable source of responses. It was always going to be a Fall on Leave. Rise on Remain. Give it some time, the pound will stabilise, and overall there will be a drop no doubt, but not the -5% we saw this morning. It will level out.
    Why would it stabilise? Top big to fail? That kind of thing?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    No oen is pulling the race card. Sovereignity means shit if you don't have a good economy and the british eonomy has been going down the rabbit hole.
    Have you been sniffing glue? Britain has been doing the best out of most major developed economies over the past few years. Lower unemployment than most of the major EU member states too
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do we move ahead now? Whats the next step to take...?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Hey look, politicians blatantly lied in order to get the votes they wanted.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...was-a-mistake/

Looks like one is even backing out on the reduced immigration claims.

I'm a Remain supporter, but let's be honest here, it's done, and it's time to just get on with it.

The U.K. is (and it still is) the 2nd / 3rd largest economy and the E.U. is not going to risk losing that when it comes to trade. Whatever the E.U. loses from this, they'll probably supplement in some manner with Trade Tariffs, but the reality is that Europe will make a deal with the U.K., because despite being in or out, we do both need each other.

My only hope is that through clever negotiations, and a good work ethic in the U.K. that we essentially turn into Australia on the border of Europe. We have a good strong economy founded on trade in and out the Europe (among other places, of course), we have a stable migration system that promotes those with workable and useable skills to enter the country, and that the standard of living can rise due to the option for the U.K. to now be able to fully dictate competition rules whereas in the E.U. that wasn't allowed.

I wasn't convinced Leaving is the best choice, and I still don't believe it is. But let's not pretend for a moment that anything immediately changes, or that any immediate reactions aren't just knee-jerks. The pound fell dramatically because the City was sure we'd remain, it will recover slowly, and any falls over the coming hours will be due to the Stock Markets opening and closing, and with the weekend.

I don't think the U.K. is a racist bigoted nation, and I don't think you can claim that's the case because of a leave campaign. Migration is a concern in the EU. Turkey joining is a concern, Greek bailouts are a concern, the stability of Portugal, Spain & Italy are concerns, and they're concerns that many of the Leave people wanted to voice through a vote to leave.

I don't hold a grudge, I don't think it's the worst thing to happen to our nation, and I do believe that with the correct leadership, with a better framework of competitive taxation for corporations, and a good negotiation and deal with the E.U. can see us prosper. Trade between the EU & UK will not come to an end, the deals will be made and the UK will do what we've always done, we've just got on with it.

We'll push through whatever shit we need to, and get the job done. I don't think it'll be an easy few years ahead of us, but as I said, with a good vision, with better competition rights, with the reduction in spending in Europe and the need to participate in bailouts, without the growing migration issue, we can invest some of those savings in tariffs, education, the NHS, and more.

Again; I supported Remain. I think we will be fine with a Leave vote, and I don't think this is the end of days as we know it.
    Pfft, screw you and your rationality! *Runs around screaming!*

Your post is probably the best I've seen on the matter. Actually in the long term this brave (or stupid) step will kill the EU or force proper meaningful reform which they will be the better for as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But remember guys, nothing will happen to UK financial sector! Wait, what does the UK have going for them other than that again?
    "Shudup experts!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Because we should be governed by institutions that are directly accountable to the electorate. The EU is not a democratically accountable body. I didn’t vote for the EU Commissioners who create the laws that I must abide by. If we want to vote them out, what do we do? We can’t do anything.

Even when Britain were on the brink of leaving the EU, it showed itself to be completely inflexible and unwilling to address the main concerns of the British public.
    So you will be leaving the UK?
    Because UK institutions are less accountable to the electorate than those of the EU are.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Your point being what?

No amount of rational argument will convince the Leavers of anything but their mythologically constructed narrative that everything would be better if only the pesky continentals weren't around.
    Throwing out the votes to be ruled by some Apparatchik will confirm what the Leavers have said, that the EU is Anti-Democratic.

The EU isn't exactly the land of Rainbows and Unicorns at the present time. Pretending the EU was literal mana from Heaven and freaking out that the heretical folk of the british Isles merely rejected the One True Religion is not exactly endearing. You yourself basically have said "Nope throw out the voters, voters are stupid, let someone who agrees with me call the shots."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knee jerk reactions aren't a reliable source of responses. It was always going to be a Fall on Leave. Rise on Remain. Give it some time, the pound will stabilise, and overall there will be a drop no doubt, but not the -5% we saw this morning. It will level out.
    Considering that the uncertainty isn't going away anytime soon, the 'leveling out' will be at considerably lower value.

To say nothing of the fact this is probably going to spell the end of the UK as a political unit.

7+ Year Old Account
    the '' funny '' things is almost all the people who will really feel the consequence of the vote voted to stay, people who have investment, who have money save for their retierment and who lose a lot from this voted IN, people who voted out, ''labour class'' will probably be the people who will feel the brexit the less, they are already poor and that will not change. immigration probably wont change either. in the end that shit was hijack by people who in the end don't give a flying fuck about what the consequence will be for the labour class...

I'm really surprise the OUT won, yes europe is far from perfect but saying no to it is a big deal, even country like switzerland and norway know how powerful the union is, thats why switzerland said yes to schengen, and open border, to compet in a world so globalize you need to be big, you need access to big market, at least here in quebec independentism is at it's lowest point in 20 year, people are realising that it's not a good time to spilt, it's a time to unite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So how do we move ahead now? Whats the next step to take...?
    We drag our feet until we get a new Prime Minister, all the while pissing off Europe and doing further damage to our economy due to lengthed instability.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And they are right not to. If the EU wants to survive they need to take a tough stance on members that leave, or else everyone will be doing it.

Even though it will more than likely mean more pain for the UK, I fully understand and support the EU on this, the majority voted for this, no sense dawdling.
    But... but... UK can boss Ireland around. And has nukes, that's really important here. Let's also not forget that UK is a unique special snowflake and their negotiations are hard, not unlike the weak negotiators from EU. Their kind is weak and will not survive the winter. You see, when you take these into consideration, UK's negotiating position becomes stronger than that of the EU. Somehow.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-06-24 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You and china are a bit bigger than the UK, when looking at trade deals i don't look at the US, i look at what deals Norway got for example. Economy is also based around workers and not just goods that's why it's also tied into this.
    Free travel is what got you the brexit.

Just keep the free trade that you have with Britain right now, why not? It's a lot of money for both sides.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Easy to find....Spain down 11% guess they better shut up about Gibraltar...is Europe burning?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/m...et/default.stm
    Those numbers do not fit your claims.
    Want to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Why would it stabilise? Top big to fail? That kind of thing?
    Because the Bank of England has already said they'll make available £250 Billion to stabalise the markets.

Because we're not leaving in the next five minutes.

Because this is a knee-jerk reaction. Stock Markets react to someone sneezing in a negative manner. This drop was entirely expected. It's not something that I think is good news of course, and there will be an overall drop, but, look at the recovery already underway. It fell -5% this morning on the news when the UK markets opened, it regained +2.4% after a short while, and fell again because the U.S. markets opened to the news.

Overall, it will have fallen, but it will recover a good amount of ground before the day is done. Not as much as I'd like of course, but it's not going to remain at a -10% loss or anything, unlike the Italian / Spanish markets (sadly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Throwing out the votes to be ruled by some Apparatchik will confirm what the Leavers have said, that the EU is Anti-Democratic.

The EU isn't exactly the land of Rainbows and Unicorns at the present time. Pretending the EU was literal mana from Heaven and freaking out that the heretical folk of the british Isles merely rejected the One True Religion is not exactly endearing. You yourself basically have said "Nope throw out the voters, voters are stupid, let someone who agrees with me call the shots."
    No, but it's equally as silly to stonewall any attempts to further integrate the EU so they can better resolve said issues then claim it as proof that the EU is a bad thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we please get the whole thing going and put back the border patrols for brits? And all the brits that are already in the EU have to register?
    And please bring back this nice institution called protective tariff and general customs for them? Of course all asap so they will see what they get for leaving.

Predictably, the progressives are saying if you support Brexit or Trump you must be a white racist. They've gone to the "white racist" well too many times and it has no effect anymore. And that's all these people have: name-calling, character assassination and crying.

Deleted
    A story that has already been refuted by the company itself.

Source: http://bbc.in/28RTXqt
    Did you read it though?

"The company, which established a task force looking into any staff relocations, will not be waiting for Article 50, which triggers the formal process of a country quitting the EU."

It hasn't started YET pretty much.