Deleted
    The Mayor of Calais just announced that they want to renegotiate the Le Touquet Treaty.

That means that instead of illegal immigrants being stopped in France before they get to the UK, the first border check they will hit will be on our shores.

In essence, Calais wants "the Jungle" moved to our side of the Chunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Somebody is in denial.
    Compared to the rest of the citizens of the EU they aren't a few?
    They had ~17million leave votes didn't they?

#independenceday is a thing btw

Let's battle for another national holiday.

also fuck the Scottish if they wanna leave and have a shite economy let them

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    How much is that really worth if we translate that into the well being of a citizen of that nation and it's not like the EU stripped them completely of that or even a lot.
    I was being sarcastic. They already are. If anything, they will become less sovereign and independent when they end in EEA, without any voice in the EU, which is the only possible outcome if they want to not starve to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Few? it was the majority
    It wasn't, considering that there wasn't 100% voter turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Considering that EU membership was essentially the only reason the Scottish referendum failed, it isn't far fetched to say that another referendum would have a much greater chance of succeeding.
    But again; The UK Government has to give the Scottish Parliament the right to do so. If they go ahead and do one anyway, the UK government has no legal ground to accept that, or any referendum. I mean really, Cameron could get the Government together right now, and go; "I refuse this Referendum, we're staying". Legally he could, but that's not how they work.

As for a Scottish one, if they have no consent beforehand, the UK government will just ignore them.

Maybe the invisible hand of the market will jerk you off to prosperity.

If your solution is to cut taxes and curtail employee rights in order to stay afloat outside of the EU, it doesn't exactly prove that the UK is better off.
    Not sure why you're being so aggressive about it. I'm not saying cut workers rights, but alterations can be made, a reduction on the welfare state and investment in the Education sector, and social programs that are of value could do wonders.

Again, and I feel I need to keep saying this; I voted remain.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    It will be more likely that the companies will have to pay. And Importing/exporting everything vs just moving goods around the EU...
    Little reason not to move to Germany/Brussels/A'dam .
    Again; Depends on the deal and alterations to work related laws and regulations in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    gg brit, wp
    the economic collapse is happening for a imbecile reason
    'Tis but a scratch!
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Mayor of Calais just announced that they want to renegotiate the Le Touquet Treaty.

That means that instead of illegal immigrants being stopped in France before they get to the UK, the first border check they will hit will be on our shores.

To be fair though, it kind of should already be. It shouldn't be France's job to defend your borders for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So what consequences do you think this will have on the UK?
    Not sure. The UK is a "high end finance" economy, based on the interaction it has with other markets. If they leave the EU, why would the companies that are making London a financial hub, stay in London?
    There could be an avalanche effect where "international economy" decides EU is much more important than UK.
    There could also be a swift deal and everything is set but I can't see that happening.

Deleted
    I wonder how many non-voters are now pissed that they did not vote :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    when you make a decision such as this, the exit of the european union, it's a decision that will engage your country for decades, perhaps 50 years or more.

3/4 of the british youth (19-24) voted for remaining in the EU, while the 50 years old and more have voted majoritarly to leave. It is said that uk faces hard times to rebuild a great UK, but it's the younger population that will have to face the hardship of rebuilding the UK.

For better or worse, the young people of UK will be stuck with a decision they haven't chosen.
    That's how democracy works
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. Once said Leaver generation dies off, the UK may return to the EU if it still remains - similar to how nations have popped out and back into NATO.

Sorry, I should say 'England' rather than the UK.
    To get back into the EU requires all EU members to Yay the application though.
    Might be only a formality, might be some member saying Nay and the door remains shut.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It was the majority of voters... That's the only thing you can count, because people who abstain aren't actually telling you what they want.
    Even all of the UK are just a bit more than a few compared to the rest of the EU.

It wasn't, considering that there wasn't 100% voter turn out.
    lmao

72% voter turnout and places where remain did well (London, Scotland, NI) had very high turn out %s. but keep kidding yourself. Democracy has spoken, and we are OUT

Not necessarily. Once said Leaver generation dies off, the UK may return to the EU if it still remains - similar to how nations have popped out and back into NATO.

Sorry, I should say 'England' rather than the UK.
    Europe wouldn't take us back unless we signed in stone that we can never leave again, ever, even in the event of the end of the world. I think for now though, Europe is more worried about the prospect of this spreading to other nations. The migration crisis has caused a sharp rise in Right-Wing parties popularity, and many of them support leaving the EU.

I'm not saying tomorrow Germany will see Bavaria want to leave the EU or anything, but, this could become an issue, especially if in the next ~10 years or so, the UK does well and gets a good deal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Not sure. The UK is a "high end finance" economy, based on the interaction it has with other markets. If they leave the EU, why would the companies that are making London a financial hub, stay in London?
    There could be an avalanche effect where "international economy" decides EU is much more important than UK.
    There could also be a swift deal and everything is set but I can't see that happening.
    Financial Hub is just basically offices right? Should be easy to move.
    Moving manufactury plant, such as nissan, would be more hassle. But access to EU market might be an incentive enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I doubt punishing the brits, will make anything better.
    Why not? They want out so they have to get out and that asap. No but or if or when. Asap and lets see how far it get them. If they will fall the best is if they don´t have any more connection to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And in the real world, where adults do the negotiating, that is not going to happen.
    Is this the same world where the 5th economy shoots itself in the balls by committing collective monumental idiocy, initiated by the prime minister who championed against that idea? Because that doesn't sound very adult to me. But whatever, UK can do nothing wrong, but rises again, harder and stronger (UK = Ironborn in Got confirmed) and will magically dominate the negotiations with the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

That's just posturing though. The reality is that deal has nothing to do with Europe at all. It's just trying to blow fresh air into the fire and cause more smoke. Not saying it might not happen, and to be fair, it probably will (and maybe should), but that's not something of a concern right now.