Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If it's not legally binding, it's just a feel good exercise.

Scrap it, and re-do it with a 66% passing requirement.
    Or leave it to the Queen. Is that possible? To let her have the last word? Somehow? Maybe? (i am brainstorming here :d)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Technically, I'm not manchester. It's just the nearest big city that's known internationally. I'm Cheshire East & Tatton like. If I've got anything to bear the responsibility for, it's living in the same place responsible for george osbourne.

We're not "rolling up our sleeves for the benefit of our kids" at all. For one, no sleeves have been rolled. As far as I can tell no one's done a second of actual fucking work on this yet at all. Leave haven't got a clue what to do at this point, and when it's not going to benefit 'our kids' (seriously?) anyway, it's going to make them worse off (and even without bias, even if you believe it MIGHT make things better for 'our kids', it's still only a might. There's no guarentuees, only promises that have already begun to be broken).

We fucked up
    The remain campaign fucked up by failing to convince over half the UK population that the EU was the way ahead. Your position is literally in the minority. No-one knows how this will pan out. Leave supporters can't forecast the future and neither can you. If you're going to say that we're all fucked - back it up with something other than 'The pound is weaker than it was 4 days ago'.
    Last edited by mmoc76d1c3b3c2; 2016-06-25 at 12:47 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    2nd referendum nearing 470k votes. Keep it going remain camp.

Also referendums are legally not binding, so if Cameron could find a majority in the government to overrule it, it could still be overruled (and there's not a damn thing or law the citizens or brexit camp could possible invoke to prevent that). There's a reason why people don't rule the country and politicians do, it's because the general populous is very ignorant and biased to whichever side that makes the picture look the best. Politicians might not always represent your views, your ideals, your desires, but they sure as hell will make sure theirs and your future is guaranteed.

I do add, I get why people are frustrated with immigrants, but France, Belgium will no longer foresee any budget to halt immigrants going to the UK, so the promise or assumption that it will drop won't happen... it will just increase, unless the UK ends up paying for stopping those immigrants themselves.

And those thinking, oh the stocks and pound recovered, it recovered with protection mechanisms, yet they are dropping again. The more days that the British government does not come up with a solid plan to protect it's country and market financially, the worse it becomes, if enough time passes and it will (boris and nigel are both certified idiots with no plans) the damage could become so bad, it can't be reverted and the trust in the UK (financially) will be permanently crippled.

I'm really worried for the British people, the IMF calculations and projections don't look good and that's on the first day, generally financial problems tend to be the least on the first few days, but then it goes down quite rapidly. I hope it doesn't come that far, but I'm not really reassured that your government can handle this situation properly, and so should you.
    That is highly suspect to be perfectly honest. What makes these people any more benevolent and caring than any other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Scrapping a referendum would make Kim Jong proud. You are better than that.

You need to find another way. Maybe scrap it and re do it. I think next time remain will prevail, people have realized their stupidity by now.
    The EU won't allow it anyway, they clearly told the UK to do as the British people decided, and to do it quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    The remain campaign fucked up by failing to convince over half the UK population that the EU was the way ahead.
    False, considering voter turnout wasn't 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Or leave it to the Queen. Is that possible? To let her have the last word? Somehow? Maybe? (i am brainstorming here :d)
    Axe Westminster and put the Germans in charge.

Deleted
    Scrapping a referendum would make Kim Jong proud. You are better than that.

You need to find another way. Maybe scrap it and re do it. I think next time remain will prevail, people have realized their stupidity by now.
    There's a reason why passing laws requires a 60% agreement, because anything below that is nor big enough of a gap.

Even Nigel Farage said that in case of 52/48 result, the referendum should be held again, but it only counted if remain won.

Deleted
    Axe Westminster and put the Germans in charge.
    Wasn't that the plan 75 years ago, eh?

The remain campaign fucked up by failing to convince over half the UK population that the EU was the way ahead.

Cameron FUCKED UP:

In 2009:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2n7oMcSi0

In 2013:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-21148282

He used the referendum as a way to get elected, just like fucking Tsipras.

Its like lighting a cigarette while pumping gasoline. Its stupid in the first place, why fucking even remind them?

Deleted
    False, considering voter turnout wasn't 100%.
    Why must I caveat everything to appease such nonsense..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The EU won't allow it anyway, they clearly told the UK to do as the British people decided, and to do it quickly.
    The EU would listen to the British people, they said they won't, but they would, they really don't want to lose the UK. That's why they are this harsh right now, it's creating a lot of panic in the brexit camp that the EU is going full steam ahead, whilst the UK thought they could use this vote as leverage for more lenient terms.

And I don't think Farage and even Boris want to leave... it's funny how they were like, we need to get out asap... now they are like, we have enough time in the world to get this done, looking at how their reactions were when Juncker said they'll look into speeding up the process, you could read the panic on both of their faces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    17 million people can be morons simultaneously. And yeah, sorry but overly alarmist, people already losing jobs or getting offices relocated, some sectors have barley recovered from all the financial shit a couple years ago and we're just plunging ourselves into it again. Like we're a day in, and there are people who are a bunch worse off. Like, it's not okay. We can't just be like "Oh well maybe stuff will get great in the future" if we have to put a bunch of people in really bad situations to get there. Even in the unlikely event we become some perfect utopia as a result of this, it's still not worth it if we have the fuck people over on purpose to get there.

Like, I thought we'd established from Thatcher that fucking over a whole bunch of people for a hope of a better economic situation in the future isn't a good thing to do, even if it DOES pay off years down the line. And here we are doing it again with no guaruentee that it will pay off.
    Let's be honest here. A lot of those areas that voted overwhelmingly to leave are ones that were hit by Thatcher and "changing times in the 80s" but throwing tonnes of money and opportunity at those areas from '96 onwards has made little lasting difference. I honestly believe some of those areas are totally incapable of doing well whatever help they are given. They are entrenched in self pity. In many cases they aren't even significantly affected by immigration. I guarantee they will still be fucked whatever happens from this point onwards.

Up until yesterday I would have thought "whatever" and happily paid my taxes, as long as the majority of the country is coming along. They seem intent on making that even harder. I look forward to the whining when they are hit by more austerity and their next round of excuses as to why they are a burden. Compare these areas with the likes of Liverpool that got totally fucked over during the Thatcher years and had a long, long, grind to get out of the shit (in parts hampered by whining) but has come on in leaps and bounds when given real opportunity.

This result is polarizing, I don't think that is escapable now we are here though.

Deleted
    Cameron FUCKED UP:

In 2009:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2n7oMcSi0

In 2013:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-21148282

He used the referendum as a way to get elected, just like fucking Tsipras.

Its like lighting a cigarette while pumping gasoline. Its stupid in the first place, why fucking even remind them?
    And he became our leader due to an election system that we also had a vote to reform. Let's all slope shoulders and blame it on the system..

Deleted
    The remain campaign fucked up by failing to convince over half the UK population that the EU was the way ahead. Your position is literally in the minority. No-one knows how this will pan out. Leave supporters can't forecast the future and neither can you. If you're going to say that we're all fucked - back it up with something other than 'The pound is weaker than it was 4 days ago'.
    Like I said, people already losing jobs. As a direct result of this. On top of that, you've got Sinn Fein stirring the pot over the pond and like aren't you just WELL excited for another round of pipe bombs under cars and in shopping center bins. On top of that, you've got scotland on it's way out which straight up will happen on the next chance they get (and good on them) which isn't fun on anyone. On top of that, you've got all the disruption and carnage and damage control within the UK political system of both parties getting their leaders replaced with who fucking knows who, and we'll probably end up with boris johnson as PM which, let's be honest, basically nobody other than boris johnson wants

'Remain' spent far too much time and effort branding anybody who wanted to Leave as a bigot or racist. That may very well be true in some cases but it's utterly stupid to claim that it's the case for every individual out there. Why more time and effort wasn't spent on pushing for reforms and working out what, exactly, could be done to make the EU more appealing is beyond me.

The core issues were completely ignored and brushed aside - which is exactly the sort of the attitude that led to such contempt for the EU in the first place. Soon enough, if the current batch of politicians do not get their act together then they, too, will quickly find themselves voted out. Who gets voted in is difficult to say at this point - but it may very well be someone genuinely scary. Or it could be someone who proves excellent for the UK's future. It remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess technically its still a United Kingdom if its England and Wales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Let's be honest here. A lot of those areas that voted overwhelmingly to leave are ones that were hit by Thatcher and "changing times in the 80s" but throwing tonnes of money and opportunity at those areas from '96 onwards has made little lasting difference. I honestly believe some of those areas are totally incapable of doing well whatever help they are given. They are entrenched in self pity. In many cases they aren't even significantly affected by immigration. I guarantee they will still be fucked whatever happens from this point onwards.

Up until yesterday I would have thought "whatever" and happily paid my taxes, as long as the majority of the country is coming along. They seem intent on making that even harder. I look forward to the whining when they are hit by more austerity and their next round of excuses as to why they are a burden. Compare these areas with the likes of Liverpool that got totally fucked over during the Thatcher years and had a long, long, grind to get out of the shit (in parts hampered by whining) but has come on in leaps and bounds when given real opportunity.

This result is polarizing, I don't think that is escapable now we are here though.
    My city did a fair amount of whining, that's undeniable....and then the EU saved us (the city) from Westminster, and yet....42% of my idiot city voted to leave the EU....it's almost post modern its absurdist comedy.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

10+ Year Old Account
    Now will the UK manage to compete with China, Asia as a whole, America, and the E.U?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I guess technically its still a United Kingdom if its England and Wales.
    Wales has no King though?

10+ Year Old Account
    eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does this mean once Scotland and Ireland get out, its just England again?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's technically a princedom...but what does it matter, Wales received more money from the EU than it ever received from London, and yet, it voted out...
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/