I am very interested to see how EU will respond to this.
    I am thinking that they will not just let this be, because it would be bad "business" if there are no consequences if a country decides to leave EU as if they do that, France, Italy etc will follow shortly.

The question is how far EU will go in order to make a point, in order to keep the rest in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does this mean once Scotland and Ireland get out, its just England again?
    If Wales was never represented in the UK flag nor in the country's official name, then it must be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does it feel to be supported by Trump?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I am thinking that they will not just let this be, because it would be bad "business" if there are no consequences if a country decides to leave EU as if they do that, France, Italy etc will follow shortly.

The question is how far EU will go in order to make a point, in order to keep the rest in.
    Well since the UK lacks any advantage Switzerland has by remaining out of the EU (central location, and banks), etc etc..... I guess trade deals wont be so glamorous for the UK. I mean the UK's largest trading partner is the US (individually) I believe, but as a whole its the EU.

Deleted

There's no way a founding member will leave without it tearing apart the entire thing. France, Germany and Italy are core states.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    This is all so fucked. I'm alternating between unbridled fury at the shortsightedness of so many people in the UK and just pure shame to be British at all. We've just voted ourselves into poverty.

Seriously, we're running a country like it's a fucking Twitch Plays Pokemon stream, and we wonder why shit like this happens. Just watch, next general election we'll vote in a charmander called AAAAAADICKS for prime minister

Anyone in a nice non UK but also non scary country got a sofa I can sleep on?
    Interesting fact; you can hold Dual Citizenship in both the Uk and Ireland and you only need an Irish Grandparent to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There's no way a founding member will leave without it tearing apart the entire thing. France, Germany and Italy are core states.
    So are you claiming that EU collapses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Interesting fact; you can hold Dual Citizenship in both the Uk and Ireland and you only need an Irish Grandparent to qualify.
    Unfortunately I'm english for miles (despite my name!). My girlfriend has dual citizenship though. Lucky =/ Then again, no doubt they'll all start bombing each other to fuck, and up where the inlaws are at the border it'll get damn messy, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    My city did a fair amount of whining, that's undeniable....and then the EU saved us (the city) from Westminster, and yet....42% of my idiot city voted to leave the EU....it's almost post modern its absurdist comedy.
    Why are they idiots? Have you paused to consider that those votes come from the areas that were effectively left to rot? I grew up on the Wirral, for example, around the same time that Birkenhead began to collapse and become a cesspit even as money was pumped into Liverpool. Thus making that city more attractive at the cost of the livelihood of neighbouring towns and cities. I haven't lived in the area for about a decade now but from what my friends/family tell me little has changed.

Luckily I live somewhere much nicer now - that benefits directly from EU funding, ironically. Though a quick look at the areas around me that don't get any benefit from that funding (or much from the UK government for that matter) makes it easy for me to understand why many votes were cast that way.

Unfortunately I'm english for miles (despite my name!). My girlfriend has dual citizenship though. Lucky =/ Then again, no doubt they'll all start bombing each other to fuck, and up where the inlaws are at the border it'll get damn messy, no doubt.
    Why would your name make you not english?

Deleted
    So are you claiming that EU collapses?
    If any of those 3 leaves, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who wanted to stay act as if the sky is falling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    and then be able to collect the dol from both...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yeah, thought with a name like that you might have some distant relative but alas. An Independent Scotland's citizenship will probably be easier to attain :P Get em while they last.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Great Grandparent is as close as I get, but I hear applications for RoI passports from NI have soared in recent days.
    Yeah I was surprised by that. My Gran was Irish (and on the other side my Great Grandfather) so I just make the cutoff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Great Grandparent is as close as I get, but I hear applications for RoI passports from NI have soared in recent days.
    Why would you wanna go to Ireland if you can take Scotland itself out of the UK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Why would your name make you not english?
    Erin is a derivitive for the irish word for ireland. It's the kind of name people get when they have Irish grandparents whwo moved over to england "Can't eat the view over there!" and somewhere along the way, soomeone decided that they should have an irish-y name, but not one that'll make them stand out as being 'too irish' for english dickheadery.

I blame the elites for the brexit. The elites should've taken care of the working people and made sure globalization didn't ruin the lives of working people. The elites were the ones who benefited from the EU the most.

The elites brought this on themselves.

Say what you want about Trump but he's the only one speaking for working people. I'm not going to be surprised if he wins the presidency.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I blame the elites for the brexit. The elites should've taken care of the working people and made sure globalization didn't ruin the lives of working people. The elites were the ones who benefited from the EU the most.

Say what you want about Trump but he's the only one speaking for working people. I'm not going to be surprised if he wins the presidency.
    He is a complete liar, but in truth, the working class has been left to die, nobody should be shocked they struck back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

A classless society is needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Why are they idiots? Have you paused to consider that those votes come from the areas that were effectively left to rot? I grew up on the Wirral, for example, around the same time that Birkenhead began to collapse and become a cesspit even as money was pumped into Liverpool. Thus making that city more attractive at the cost of the livelihood of neighbouring towns and cities. I haven't lived in the area for about a decade now but from what my friends/family tell me little has changed.
    Wirral is its own area electorally (I live on it) It also voted to remain. 51.7% to 48.3%. Birkenhead, Rock Ferry still shit holes. The major issue is heroin, not having Liverpool over the water.