Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Angry Englishmen who would no longer live in the UK as North Ireland is down to reunite with South Ireland, and also Wales is technically a Princedom, not a Kingdom, thus there would no longer be a United Kingdom, but England and Wales.
    I can buy the Scotland thing, but the Ireland thing is quite a stretch. No way they are pissed enough to do that. It's not like they can join the EU immediately either, they'd have to declare sovereignty fist imho and then apply like any new member. By the time everything is ready there would be a lot of questions in regards to their economic stability because the interim will be quite rough either way. Maybe if they'd get a "fuck you England" special offer from the rest of the EU, but I'm not seeing the rest of the EU seriously do that either just to piss of the poor sod that has to pick up the crap Cameron left behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Well then you could have a glorious new name - aka just "The Kingdom" it's like some rock band from the past that was called United Kingdom, came back for a tour with half of it's past members dead
    We already reserved the name "The shattered Kingdom" earlier in this thread :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmm, defenders of democracy will howl and scream, but is there an option to ignore the referendum result on purpose ? Can anybody order the MP's and Lords to give consent to Artikel 50 ?
    Democracy has one proble m: people tend to show their frustration in elections. It isnt unlikely that if Cameron supported Brexit, people might have voted to stay in EU.

I dont think you can ignore the referendum. But you could start a 2nd one to strengthen the democratic vote. 52 to 48 is very close and considering 2 mios EU immigrants couldnt vote and no kids, i am sure that Brexit is a minority among ALL people who LIVE in the UK.

But anyways. It is completely logical to accept the current vote and go for Brexit. But i think a second vote should be done to either confirm the vote (and give people a chance to change their mind if they werent having enough informations).

Btw i dont think Jonson and Farage are as happy as they could be. They will be associatef with all the consequences. Positive and negative.

more than 2 million citizens want to rewrite the decision, which would be more then the difference between "Leave" and "Remain".

"Fascinating!"
    /Spock
    To be honest that would only be worth something if it were the 30% that didn't bother to vote. Otherwise given the shitty result 2 million means not a lot really. They've split their country down the middle with this glorified opinion poll (since it's non-binding anyway).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Brexit: Merkel says 'no need to be nasty' in leaving talks.

"She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks."

Looks like Mehrunes, et al. were talking out of their arses and I was right.
    She can fuck off, just like Cameron.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Germany would suffer the most.. economically Germany is the EU.
    Every country in europe would probably suffer a lot, germany has a big economy based on manufacturing witch is alwayse good to recover from crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Germany would suffer the most.. economically Germany is the EU.
    We have picked ourselves up time and time again throughout history, well be fine .

Deleted
    nice present you gave to gracious Lillibeth in her 90th year. She'll remain Queen of England and Queen of Scots, but she is not happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    There are far more serious concerns with an indpendant scotland than that

oil price low
    budget deficit
    trade with a non eu uk which is about 80% of our exports
    competition with uk putting down wages
    defence
    shipbuilding
    But this time its the other way around:

people feeling ignored by the UK government vs econimcal interests. The hearts will tell: Scotland has to leave the UK to regain control over their own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But this time its the other way around:

people feeling ignored by the UK government vs econimcal interests. The hearts will tell: Scotland has to leave the UK to regain control over their own destiny.
    38% voted leave EU, 45% voted yes to independence...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be honest that would only be worth something if it were the 30% that didn't bother to vote. Otherwise given the shitty result 2 million means not a lot really. They've split their country down the middle with this glorified opinion poll (since it's non-binding anyway).
    here a little, there a little; more votes overall and more "remain" votes and Happy New Year, UK... in summer. Bill is footed by the EU wholeheartely.

Deleted
    But the point is: low participation + very close result doesnt feel really democratic, especially with a lot of people feeling misinformed and lied to.

I think it is difficult to unite the country with a weak result like this. Going straight forward might split the UK. Not just Scotland. But also young/old and so on.

It might a Papyrus victory if everything (!) gets worse and people feel betrayed. Might lead to very extreme votes.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-25 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Btw i dont think Jonson and Farage are as happy as they could be. They will be associatef with all the consequences. Positive and negative.
    A win makes Farage irrelevant and takes away a championing issue from Boris while leaving him with a massive headache surrounding results he now needs to deliver that flouncing buffoonery wont be enough to misdirect away from.

But the point is: low participation + very close result doesnt feel really democratic, especially with a lot of people feeling misinformed and lied to.

I think it is difficult to unite the country with a weak result like this. Going straight forward might split the UK. Not just Scotland. But also young/old and so on.

It might a Papyrus win when everything (!) gets worse and people feel betrayed. Might lead to very extreme votes.
    Sic? Usually you write that different.

Anyway, the participation wasn't that bad actually. But considering the implications it wasn't obviously glorious either. It's one of these decisions where you lose no matter what you do, even if it were binding.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, the negotiations can start only after the uk started the leave process, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    38% voted leave EU, 45% voted yes to independence...
    But a lot of Remain voters voted to stay in UK bevause of EU membership of UK. So there is a lot of potential that either nationalists and liberal forces will for leave. There is some crazy potential. EU membership was one of the main reasons to keep scotland in UK.

here a little, there a little; more votes overall and more "remain" votes and Happy New Year, UK... in summer. Bill is footed by the EU wholeheartely.
    Maybe they should have phrased it differently. "How long should we take to GTFO?"
    1. 2 years
    2. 5 years
    3. 10 years
    4. infinite years

People just don't know how to get the most out of a poll these days :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well she is the matriarch of the countries biggest welfare recipient family.
    I thought that was Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So, the negotiations can start only after the uk started the leave process, right?
    Thats the thing, whats to stop the UK negotiating all its worldwide trade deals and setting things up before asking to leave? Could the EU stop it?

Deleted
    Sic? Usually you write that different.

Anyway, the participation wasn't that bad actually. But considering the implications it wasn't obviously glorious either. It's one of these decisions where you lose no matter what you do, even if it were binding.
    Sorry my english is pretty bad and i am somewhat emotional here. I wanted to say that if Brexit happens and there is no improvement for the working class, we might see extreme forces rise. Even more extreme than UKIP.

Just look at greece. Political power shifted extremely from big parties to the extreme left and right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well officially, but what is stopping you from talking with someone? Again the vote is non-binding, they could take 20 years and still not have submitted their declaration. If there is no time limit on the legitimacy of a referendum's result then they can drag it out eternally. Though obviously they have a vested interest to draft a plan to get the markets to calm down and limit their losses.