10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Let the backtracking commence!

As for Vampires in Bolivia, I don't think so, I believe they have Wendigo instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But i thought you wanted to leave this tyrannical evil cult?
    Or is it so that you don't actually want to leave, because none of you have any plans for how a post brexit solution would look?
    oh no, we do want to leave. our pm has resigned, so were in need of a brexiteer to replace him.
    as i said, we'll leave when were ready.
    thats the thing, we dont like being told what to do by europeans, hence why the majority voted out.
    looking at what certain leaders in the eu & quite possibly yourself are saying, you still dont quite understand that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    David Cameron had the last laugh, he's set his successor up to fail.

If his successor invokers article 50 = career suicide
    If his successor does not invoke article 50 = career suicide

Seems crafty Dave had the last laugh.

This will go one of 3 ways now

1) David Cameron's successor invokes article 50, Scotland and Northern Ireland both leave, we find out just how we the UK will do.

2) David Cameron's successor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels tells X to fuck off politely, we get a messy breakup and not very favourable trade deals.

3) David Cameron's succesor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels demands even more powers than it had before AND removes the UK's right to VETO until it earns it back.

None of which is good. People sharp forget that the referendum was not legally binding, it was just an advisory exercise and can LEGALLY be ignored if the government really want.

Best option is to call for a new snap election and hope that the Conservative Party doesn't get destroyed totally for the next 2 election cycles (they will be lucky if they don't get destroyed next election).

Cameron was a moron thinking that a referendum was a good idea given that his argument always started with ''Europe is flawed''....Yes you will bloody lose if you argument involves half the sentence of the opposition.

With new elections you can have a party that says ''the referendum isn't binding and we have no intention of leaving the EU'' and hope for the best. Given that the Brexit side already backtracked on most of their promises this may work (their statements where all debunked before they backtracked btw).

Any case this referendum still hurts the UK by creating uncertainty, I can imagine that the Scottish will say ''screw England, we have no intention involving ourselves in your dirty political games''.

Any case the political career of Cameron is over, he will be know for the guy that at best almost didn't destroy the UK and worst the guy that brought upon the destruction of the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Best option is to call for a new snap election and hope that the Conservative Party doesn't get destroyed totally for the next 2 election cycles (they will be lucky if they don't get destroyed next election).

Cameron was a moron thinking that a referendum was a good idea given that his argument always started with ''Europe is flawed''....Yes you will bloody lose if you argument involves half the sentence of the opposition.

With new elections you can have a party that says ''the referendum isn't binding and we have no intention of leaving the EU'' and hope for the best. Given that the Brexit side already backtracked on most of their promises this may work (their statements where all debunked before they backtracked btw).

Any case this referendum still hurts the UK by creating uncertainty, I can imagine that the Scottish will say ''screw England, we have no intention involving ourselves in your dirty political games''.

Any case the political career of Cameron is over, he will be know for the guy that at best almost didn't destroy the UK and worst the guy that brought upon the destruction of the United Kingdom.
    You forget that EU don't have the luxury of letting you do that shit, if you ignore this referendum and EU say ok guys lets ignore it will become the bigger joke around the world and give birth to even more eurosceptics and every european leader will face huge backlash in its country by the opposition.

The only solution is to invoke art 50 and negotiate a deal as similar as possible of what we have now, EU lose something & UK lose something in the process but everything in the end will remain substantially unchanged.

Everyone can say they abide to the ref result and gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    nope they do it for sure, but imagine that USA instead of a POTUS had a council with all the governors of the 50 states that need to be nearly unanimous to make a simple decision and each one had veto power and each one will weight it's decision in it's own national consensus prospective, that would be so ridiculous that would make house of card and game of thrones look a decent alternative.
    That is what we have in Europe.

Uhm no we bloody hell don\'t.

Their are some cases that may work like that (including new members into the EU works like that) but overall the EU works around general consensus.

When the majority of the countries want something to be changed that change will happen, the actual rules may not be as strong as originally intended sometimes but that is how a democratic compromise works. Generally speaking in the end the in order to get stuff done the EU works based on compromise.

Ont he other hand we don't have a single asshole (Ted Cruz http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ruz-jerk-hated) shutting down the entire government and then blaming the other side for not compromising.

Hell one of the complaints people from the UK have is that the EU to often does what and they don't get what they want. They even used a weird statistics like 3% of the time the EU does what the UK wants (or something like that).

The EU is fine as it is right now, if the argument involves something like ''EU is flawed because A, B or C'' then I dare to anybody find me a perfect system that we can replace the EU with. If we have 1 problem I would like to be fixed is that the EU as a whole doesn't have enough power to punish it's members for not following the agreed upon rules.

- - - Updated - - -

You forget that EU don't have the luxury of letting you do that shit, if you ignore this referendum and EU say ok guys lets ignore it will become the bigger joke around the world and give birth to even more eurosceptics and every european leader will face huge backlash in its country by the opposition.

The only solution is to invoke art 50 and negotiate a deal as similar as possible of what we have now, EU lose something & UK lose something in the process but everything in the end will remain substantially unchanged.

The EU doesn't involve itself in national politics, the fact that the UK is losing face and made itself look like a bit ass is of no concern to the rest of us.

If you have a new election and the party that wins that election wins based on a platform that says ''we aren't leaving the EU'' wins that election then the UK can limit the damage done by the stupidity of Cameron.

Doubtful. Many EU leaders already said they'd have not issue with them backing down. They would have issues with them repeating it over and over again or remain in an uncertain stage. The UK has turned itself into a giant joke. If you are at all smart as a politician you can just point over at the UK and say: "Look how well this right wing populism works! No plans but lots of hot air.". The point makes itself. The only thing the UK mentioned so far is that they tanked their economy, the leaders of the leavers already retracted all of their statements and they disabled their countries leadership. Believe me I want to see the world burn, especially when it is ruled by uneducated rabble, as I delight in their misery, but this is far from the only course of action. The biggest question is who takes the fall and how to best limit the fallout now.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-27 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    oh no, we do want to leave. our pm has resigned, so were in need of a brexiteer to replace him.
    thats the thing, we dont like being told what to do by europeans, hence why the majority voted out.
    looking at what certain leaders in the eu & quite possibly yourself are saying, you still dont quite understand that fact.
    "We don't like being told what to do"
    Some Brit - post brexit vote

You really don't know the potential consequences of this vote, do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really an option considering the amount of Euroscepticism in other countries now. If you can leave and still be "roughly the same as before" why wouldnt other eurosceptic parties in Europe ask for a similar referendum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Doubtful. Many EU leaders already said they'd have not issue with them backing down. They would have issues with them repeating it over and over again or remain in an uncertain stage. The UK has turned itself into a giant joke. If you are at all smart as a politician you can just point over at the UK and say: "Look how well this right wing populism works! No plans but lots of hot air.". The point makes itself. The only thing the UK mentioned so far is that they tanked their economy, the leaders of the leavers already retracted all of their statements and they disabled their countries leadership. Believe me I want to see the world burn, especially when it is ruled by uneducated rabble, as I delight in their misery, but this is far from the only course of action. The biggest question is who takes the fall and how to best limit the fallout now.
    You're totally right in saying "the point makes itself".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Let the backtracking commence!

As for Vampires in Bolivia, I don't think so, I believe they have Wendigo instead.
    Wtf dude. Where do you think Bolivia is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Yep I agree even if we have free trade agreements, companies would still move their factories to other countries where is simply cheaper to make products. And even if we took isolationist proposals, similar to the likes of Bernie, Trump, and everyone who supported Brexit it won't benefit us economically condeming the 80% of the population for the sake of the 20%.

EDIT: If you are interested in it.

Not sure how the UK goverment plans to approach this.
    This is just an inverse population map.

Relevant: https://xkcd.com/1138/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Ont he other hand we don't have a single asshole (Ted Cruz http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ruz-jerk-hated) shutting down the entire government and then blaming the other side for not compromising.
    motherjones is a bad source, most clickbaits etc..
    You should improve on what you read.

(this has nothing to do with the ted cruz thing there, just a remark that a bad website is bad.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf dude. Where do you think Bolivia is?
    South America.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    South America.
    Well wendigos are creatures of North America.

Deleted
    I'm British and I'm telling you and the Brexiteers that you look indecisive, weak and unprepared. Having made such a poor decision, it needs to be implemented as quickly and efficiently as possible. No one respects any one who stands around procrastinating while the global economy goes to hell.

Well wendigos are creatures of North America.
    You have chupacabra. Everybody knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He hides it well in his pseudo dementia then.
    Yeah it's all a big act, Boris is a proper old-school Tory.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

1) David Cameron's successor invokes article 50, Scotland and Northern Ireland both leave, we find out just how we the UK will do.

2) David Cameron's successor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels tells X to fuck off politely, we get a messy breakup and not very favourable trade deals.

3) David Cameron's succesor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels demands even more powers than it had before AND removes the UK's right to VETO until it earns it back.

None of which is good. People sharp forget that the referendum was not legally binding, it was just an advisory exercise and can LEGALLY be ignored if the government really want.
    If his successor chooses not to honour the referendum that would be career suicide, but it would also be none of brussels business.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'm British and I'm telling you and the Brexiteers that you look indecisive, weak and unprepared. Having made such a poor decision, it needs to be implemented as quickly and efficiently as possible. No one respects any one who stands around procrastinating while the global economy goes to hell.
    The mayor of London should resign for being detrimental to the common good.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The economic warfare had started.

EU countries are inviting british business to come over to the EU, and many of those large businesses apparently already accepted the offers in the meantime. London is fearing an even worse economic crash in the mediumterm.

The UK is getting wrecked by the EU as we speak. And no leadership or direction in the UK in sight to stop the economic downfall.
    My girlfriend comes from London and within a day of the referendum 12 of her friends had their jobs moved to Europe, it seems Barcelona is a popular destination.

Deleted
    we'll leave when were ready.
    what a power play, you say you are leaving, we say there is the door, and then you say nothing and stay.

15+ Year Old Account

Uhm, why should 2 and 3 happen? They are a member of the EU, threatening article 50 isn´t linked to anything, or is it? I mean, of course the other 27 are probably not going to be in favour of anything the UK are proposing in the near future but other than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because the EU is NOT A COUNTRY FFS, every country elect people to the EU and they decide on stuff just like local governments - and no Germany doesn't have a bigger say in things than anyone else, actually every country has the same say no matter how small.
    And that's the problem they despise the fact that "oh so mighty" brittain has the same say as lets say baltic states. brittain was and wanted to be the special snowflake in whole history of EU, they did nothing but complain and went against everything and now they played I'm leaving card probably hoping to see begging from EU to stay in hopes to get better deals again, yet they got the answer to just fucking invoke art 50 already, which no one wants to do it seems...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.