10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    And we can vote for our leaders if you believe that, just like we voted to leave for the same reasons.
    Tell me the last time you voted for your head of state, your head of government, or any member of your upper House.

The UK is by and far the least democratic nation in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    No need for black pudding there is always https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_pudding (we always called this fruit sausage, or fruit slice at home though, my dad used to keep us stocked up on it and sausage slice(the square one) as his work often took him up there)
    Good lord! Too Scottish too fast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    thats the thing about scotland. they want everything & more, but are not proud enough to push it through.
    this old bollocks i keep hearing about pride in scotland, william wallace, robert the bruce & robert burns, is all a fairytale.
    they had the chance to leave the united kingdom, but decided to stay. their greed took over from this so called pride.
    greed as in, they didnt want to lose the security, english taxes gave them.
    More like the guarantee of EU membership.

You're aware the same argument applies to the UK, yes? Why haven't you elected a government willing to actually, you know, Brexit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    More like the guarantee of EU membership.

You're aware the same argument applies to the UK, yes? Why haven't you elected a government willing to actually, you know, Brexit.
    these things take time. its not just a case of one leader leaves & another just steps in.
    we voted to leave & we will, thats not in question.
    its just a matter of letting things take their course & we will start the leaving process in the next few months.
    dont you watch the news? if you did, you wouldnt need me to explain things on some bloody website.

this old bollocks i keep hearing about pride in scotland, william wallace, robert the bruce & robert burns, is all a fairytale.
    FINALLY someone gets it. We've only been trying to tell everyone else that it's an exaggerated fantasy for decades.

they had the chance to leave the united kingdom, but decided to stay. their greed took over from this so called pride.
    greed as in, they didnt want to lose the security, english taxes gave them.
    Aww, you were doing so well. Like I've said previously, Scotland breaks even. (Technically there's a small deficit but when borrowing is taken into account we break even, plus we get billed for it so it really should be taken into account)

they really should wind their necks in up there, they had their chance & bottled it. it was the welsh & english who showed them what real pride is about.
    Economic self-mutilation?
    scotland, until they decide to have proper independence, will always be at englands beck & call.
    Thank you for making the coming referendum that little bit easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    these things take time.
    Of course. Except 'Brexit' has been a subject of discussion for several elections now, and this illusory popular mandate has not managed to produce in either of the major parties a leader willing to invoke Article 50.

we voted to leave & we will, thats not in question.
    It's still in serious doubt, actually; namely because the referendum isn't legally binding and none of the people in power or set to take power seem to be of a mind to make it so.

its just a matter of letting things take their course & we will start the leaving process in the next few months.
    'Letting things take their course'.

I've got news for you bud, the EU Commission isn't having any of your garbage and if by some misfortune Brexit actually happens you are going to walk away with a shit deal and two very pissed off power blocs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    FINALLY someone gets it. We've only been trying to tell everyone else that it's an exaggerated fantasy for decades.

Aww, you were doing so well. Like I've said previously, Scotland breaks even. (Technically there's a small deficit but when borrowing is taken into account we break even, plus we get billed for it so it really should be taken into account)

Economic self-mutilation?

Thank you for making the coming referendum that little bit easier.
    He's kinda right though. Scotland had the chance to be an independent nation and voted against it. They really deserve this treatment now

Deleted
    'Letting things take their course'.
    I've got news for you bud, the EU Commission isn't having any of your garbage and if by some misfortune Brexit actually happens you are going to walk away with a shit deal and two very pissed off power blocs.
    mate, thats just eu sabre rattling. there is nothing they can do to make the process any quicker.
    looking at a lot of these posts, people seem to think that the eu is the be all & end all. the eu included.
    its not, far from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    mate, thats just eu sabre rattling. there is nothing they can do to make the process any quicker.
    Sure they can, mate. They hold all the cards at present - and again, your leaders aren't exactly going in with a stern back.

looking at a lot of these posts, people seem to think that the eu is the be all & end all. the eu included.
    its not, far from it.
    It isn't, but it's in Britain's best interests to remain within it.

Deleted
    Sure they can, mate. They hold all the cards at present - and again, your leaders aren't exactly going in with a stern back.

It isn't, but it's in Britain's best interests to remain within it.
    if you havnt already noticed, our leader resigned & is leaving office in september. we wont be able to do very much until that is sorted out. understand that? good.

you really dont understand the english psyche, do you.

Well the fact we are basically writing the rules as we go along seems to be playing into British interests. So far it's looking like the rest of the EU can't make us push the button but as things stand they might not be all that interested in making us whilst the Parliament works out how the hell they can get us out of this mess without starting a civil war.

Although saying the UK Parliament has any idea what to do atm is probably being generous. Currently the aim of the game seems to be passing the buck on to the next mug. "I'm in charge you say!? No no no, it's his!". I've never seen UK politicians less hungry for power, it would be funny if it wasn't utterly terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He's kinda right though. Scotland had the chance to be an independent nation and voted against it. They really deserve this treatment now
    To be fair though, the original project fear was ran pretty heavily and with the help of the entire media (only one Sunday paper in Scotland backed Independence). And this isn't brexiteer-style "omg everything's a conspiracy". There was some crazy shit said and it was relentless;
    http://wingsoverscotland.com/wp-cont...07/tabbott.jpg
    https://archive.is/C8Xrj
    http://www.stv.tv/scotland/283318-go...sh-referendum/
    http://wingsoverscotland.com/wp-cont...ethreatbig.jpg
    http://archive.is/KkkwP
    http://archive.is/NexlZ
    (only a few headlines from a 3 month period)

So I totally don't blame people for not choosing uncertainty. Anyway don't want to derail the thread by rerunning another referendum.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you havnt already noticed, our leader resigned & is leaving office in september. we wont be able to do very much until that is sorted out. understand that? good.
    What stops him from sending notice now?

you really dont understand the english psyche, do you.
    A lot of whining about nothing. Was there more to it?

A lot of whining about nothing. Was there more to it?
    We enjoy whining. People think Football is the national sport, it's not, it's whining. See my latest replies? Whine whine whine. The greatest joy as an englishman is to whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    We enjoy whining. People think Football is the national sport, it's not, it's whining. See my latest replies? Whine whine whine. The greatest joy as an englishman is to whine.
    Just like Australians and real estate.

Except that a big part of why they voted against independence was because of the benefits of being part of the EU.

Just like Australians and real estate.
    The national sport of Australia is real estate? I thought it was like Cricket or something. The more you know!

Deleted
    They especially deserve this treatment since they made it very easy for the Tories to get back in. They've been playing games with people's lives in the rest of the UK and we are mostly fed up with it. I'd really rather they just leave. No referendum, just go.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They especially deserve this treatment since they made it very easy for the Tories to get back in.
    Thought we went over this man. It's not Scotland's fault that middle England bought into borderline racist attack ads.

I love how english lazy people are wanting to kick immigrants out. While in many british hospitals a staff contains literally 0 brits. And no those people didnt take your job. Those people were literally begged and ass kissed to come to GB and "take your job" because you as a brit were too lazy to work ur sorry ass.

http://imgur.com/45XONP0 just another british hospital
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-06-28 at 01:41 AM.