Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Why who is?
    Actually it is chaos. South Europe and France cant wait for the UK to leave. They want to impose their ideas and the UK always blocked them.

Merkel is probably your best friend in Europe. Most of the remainung EU actually is happy when UK leaves. I bet most of them are willing to deny the UK access to the single market.

Germany puts high value on free trade. South Europe and France want more power to the EU, more control over the market, less free trade and more gov spending including common depts.

Some of you have no idea that germany is your closest ally in Europe by far. But overall they have small influence on the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Actually it is chaos. South Europe and France cant wait for the UK to leave. They want to impose their ideas and the UK always blocked them.

Merkel is probably your best friend in Europe. Most of the remainung EU actually is happy when UK leaves. I bet most of them are willing to deny the UK access to the single market.

Germany puts high value on free trade. South Europe and France want more power to the EU, more control over the market, less free trade and more gov spending including common depts.

Some of you have no idea that germany is your closest ally in Europe by far. But overall they have small influence on the EU.
    Not a single sane person in EU wants to deny access to Free Market for UK. Are you stupid or something ? There is no point to shoot your self in the face just like UK did. What EU will do is offer a deal to UK that is not better than before but far worse. Basically a Norway- deal which means they have 0 say in EU but they get access to single market and have to conform to all regulations. It is only stubborn UK that can deny its self access to single market.

What UK blocked in EU was more integration, now UK will not block it so EU will integrate much more, we can see maybe EU Army and EU single Foreign policy being a thing, Single EU agreements with non-EU partners aka USA, Russia, China etc...

UK will be excluded from this agreements and will have to work it out on its own. Currently UK is not 5 biggest economy but 6 in just a week they lost its position to France. What might happen soon is even bigger drop. So Currently UK lost more cash than it was "sending to EU" even despite it was coming back to UK in form of subsidies, research grants or investment in infrastructure. So even if UK regained its independence there is 0 out of this £360M pounds a week to give back to NHS. So currently the NET RESULT for UK is loss and it didn't even trigger the Article 50.

David Cameron made a pledge he will trigger article 50 next day after referendum if this is the will of people, next day he resigned and said we need 3 months to settle down and elect this person who we will blame on for next 50 years.

What we might be facing and it is not a blind imagination but possible reality is Scotland leaving UK which effectively is end of UK as a UK and end of Union Jack as a flag representing UK.

Yes David Cameron will be remembered in the books and i bet he wanted this whole his life I wonder why "Leave" campaign leaders suddenly lost their steam after they won...shouldn't they be happy or something ?

The fuck? Most of us like you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So you are proposing that all agreements between countries end with the end of term?
    Putting people (and country) well-being below "paying your debts no matter what" is encouraging "debt slavery" on state level. I'm not sure that's a good goal to pursue.

Germany had such arrangement with Versailles treaty - they were forced into debt and unable to pay, and as result French and Belgian troops invaded and for a few years took over Ruhr.

Parallels with current privatisation of Greek various institutions are fairly obvious...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    What might work would be Boris stepping up.
    The funny thing is how he just got the whole thing dropped in his lap (assuming he's the next PM which he probably will be).

Cameron just immediately washed his hands of the whole thing, and who can blame him. He didn't vote or even campaign for this mess so why should he carry the bag of shit that's coming.

Boris didn't even want to leave but campaigned for it because it's Boris and he does whatever he thinks will make himself more popular. He basically wanted to campaign for no but get yes so he could say 'well I tried to take us out'. He also believed we could vote leave and strengthen our hand at the negotiating table without actually leaving.

We will now quite possibly have the crazy situation where the next PM will be one of the major leaders of the leave campaign who doesn't actually want to leave. Then one of leave's biggest stars will have to make the case for not leaving or at least staying in the single market which is akin to not leaving but giving up all voting rights.

Cameron has absolutely nailed Boris' balls to the floor by announcing his resignation and saying 'it's your mess you sort it out'. I never really liked Cameron but I have to say I like his style in this case and Boris is a populist idiot so good on him.

Boris is doomed either way. he can not stand and not become PM in which case he's lost. He can become PM and take us out of the EU, the single market and everything, in which case he will take the full blame for the consequences and he'll probably last 2-3 years until the election then be thrown out. Or he can become PM and not take us out or execute the Norway option, in which case nothing will really change and he'll be the leaver who never left, and again he won't last long as PM. He's pretty much screwed whatever he does.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepal View Post
    The funny thing is how he just got the whole thing dropped in his lap (assuming he's the next PM which he probably will be).
    Looks like it will be a three way fight between him, Crabb and May. The way the tory leadership election works is the MPs vote for candidates then remove the one with the least votes and do it again until there are only two left, then it goes to the public vote. If it's between Boris/Crabb he will prob win the public vote, if it's Boris/May he will probably lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stepal View Post
    Cameron just immediately washed his hands of the whole thing, and who can blame him. He didn't vote or even campaign for this mess
    He used the promise of an EU referendum to become PM, twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The blame Cameron holds is this, for sure. It was like giving a bunch of chimps a shotgun and some shells and hanging out in the swing park with them.

I can imagine them, from all sides, in the Commons bar after the result came in getting pissed together all saying "who would've thought that might happen!"

Make UK the 51st state

I look forward to welcoming you guys to the US. We'll have you guys driving on the right side of the road and car in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Not a single sane person in EU wants to deny access to Free Market for UK. Are you stupid or something ? There is no point to shoot your self in the face just like UK did. What EU will do is offer a deal to UK that is not better than before but far worse. Basically a Norway- deal which means they have 0 say in EU but they get access to single market and have to conform to all regulations. It is only stubborn UK that can deny its self access to single market.
    The problem with that is if you get the Norway deal you have to accept freedom of movement and the vast majority of EU laws like they did. The leave camp main slogan was against freedom of movement and EU regulations, you will get a worse deal than Norway. The UK will have limited access, will pay a lot more to the EU and will have no voice internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Make UK the 51st state

I look forward to welcoming you guys to the US. We'll have you guys driving on the right side of the road and car in no time
    But-but won't that impact the sovereign and democratic wish of the little people ?

I think we leave in different continents dude.

a) Noone wants to see UK leave EU.
    b) The imposed austerity which Germany is enforcing is criticized by the whole world, including the UK
    c) Yes, we don't want to see UK access to the market if UK doesn't offer things in return, like free working migration
    d) Yes, no one has any idea that Germany is our closest ally. Not the whole south, not the north, not the east, hell not even the USA agrees on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make UK the 51st state

Hahaha well done
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    True, he did it purely out of fear the tories would lose support to ukip.

And that was a massive mistake imo. That is absolutely his fault.

But he also didn't campaign to leave which is why I don't blame him for handing off the leave process to someone else, especially if it's Boris who just said leave while praying remain.

Make UK the 51st state

We already drive on the right side of the road, it's most of the world that drives on the wrong side ...

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Stephen Crabb announces leadership candidacy.... 3/4 of the nation say who the fuck is Stephen Crabb? ...
    A real sideways step for the Tory party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Hahaha well done
    Looks like the US isn't the only ones who loves the Brits

Romanians start adopt-a-Brit campaign

Looking at various media it seems that "freedom of movement" is major point.

There will be no "freedom of movement" no matter what (Cameron seems to make a point that this freedom and response of Germany to refugee crisis is the reason why "Remain" lost).

And if it means no access to EU market then there will be no access to EU market (and vice versa).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    We already drive on the right side of the road, it's most of the world that drives on the wrong side ...
    The Japanese know what's what, probably why they make the best cars.

Deleted
    Why would you guys still be happy with democracy when it means your doom? Some people are just under educated, they failed at live and just are ruble. Why would you let them ruin your future when all instanced of education and politics are filled with people who know what they do? I don't get your democracy. Please referendum or election with free government to sort out these rubbish nihilists.

The Japanese know what's what, probably why they make the best cars.
    Japan makes Mercedes and BMW?