Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The EU doesn't consider it irreversible until the papers are handed in, the referendum was not binding.
    Maw, whatever happens in the end the damage overall is done.

Nobody outside the leave campaign wants to play this cat and mouse game, thats why the EU is pushing for a swift exit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    a party who think they're important to british politics (they are not) getting smacked down and shown reality? i love it.

calling indyref 1 and getting btfo by people who realise how much they're fed by england should've been the nail in the coffin, but nicola sturgeon seems intent on ruining her career idk
    You must realize that UK was receiving money for Scotland from the EU. That money - with the Brexit - will be gone.

Will England pay that same money to Scotland from her own pocket? Wouldn't it be better to let Scotland go? From your posts, they seem to be a liability in every aspect and England would be better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    You must realize that UK was receiving money for Scotland from the EU. That money - with the Brexit - will be gone.

Will England pay that same money to Scotland from her own pocket? Wouldn't it be better to let Scotland go? From your posts, they seem to be a liability in every aspect and England would be better off without them.
    yep. we would be better off w/o them. westminster aren't going to allow a breakup of the UK though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The EU doesn't consider it irreversible until the papers are handed in, the referendum was not binding.
    The EU has made it abundantly clear that it desires a quick resolution, one that respects the result of the referendum. That sounds really like they don't consider this salvageable.

yep. we would be better off w/o them. westminster aren't going to allow a breakup of the UK though
    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...hoice-mundell/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    With the exception of Brussels.. err Berlin's proxy superstate capital, the rest of the EU States are only waking up to how bad the EU is for them

(you guys would be well served to watch the video.)
    Some interesting points I guess, stuff like this understandably makes the common man angry. 10000 staff earning more than a prime minister? 5 presidents? free nail and hair salon?

It is also interesting to read all the armchair politicians and EU apologists here, completely unable to see any flaws or faults. All those anti-EU parties and ever incrasing number of people fed up with the EU are 'uneducated idiots' though - right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    The 350 million a week was absolutely true
    No its completely false - The rebate is never fucking sent - It is not even in a technical sense true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    And if Scotland fail them, they can't join the EU surely?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The two are not related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    So the EU is expected to have an extra ~5bn euros budget "hole" due to BRexit.
    Not how the budget works.

Pop Quiz for all the "highly-educated" BRemain supporters:
    - What does that number represent?
    Nothing absolutely nothing.

We know what Germany is "buying" with those 15bn a year... what was Britain buying?
    The ability to easily sell shit made outside of the EU or facilitate non EU companies to do so in the EU.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y
    just listen to this - it would have helped you a week ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    And the EU state that every new member must adopt the euro?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    There being a legal requirement on you to join, is not the same thing as you being made to join post haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Is that what passes for satire these days? They even had to label the "waves" of immigration....
    I liked the economic failure tornado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im reading a lot about "Brexit Regret" and people want to over turn the vote. Is that possible or just tabloid click bait?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Some interesting points I guess, stuff like this understandably makes the common man angry. 10000 staff earning more than a prime minister? 5 presidents? free nail and hair salon?

It is also interesting to read all the armchair politicians and EU apologists here, completely unable to see any flaws or faults. All those anti-EU parties and ever incrasing number of people fed up with the EU are 'uneducated idiots' though - right?
    The EU employs 40 something thousand bureaucrats - That's one for every 50 000 people in the EU - Want to know how many the civil service employs?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post

Maybe because 75% of those flaws are made up?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Is that what passes for satire these days? They even had to label the "waves" of immigration....
    Yeah, when your point contains no less than 4 muslim references, you know for which crowd this was drawn:
    https://www.google.de/search?q=engli...w=1280&bih=923

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    The EU employs 40 something thousand bureaucrats - That's one for every 50 000 people in the EU - Want to know how many the civil service employs?
    I couldn't be bothered to get into arguing its merits properly. The film maker is someone who found that being in the Revolutionary Communist Party didn't piss enough people off so he became a climate change denier instead..... he's clocked up a few broadcasting standards rulings too. What I did watch of it was utter balls made to appeal to "a certain type"

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, when your point contains no less than 4 muslim references, you know for which crowd this was drawn:
    https://www.google.de/search?q=engli...w=1280&bih=923
    assuming all hooligans are racists lol

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The government has no legal obligation to honour the outcome of the referendum, but it is very unlikely that the wishes of the majority won't be honoured.

Second ref then, when the risks are so easy on display even a dead amoeba would consider any further process of abandoning EU a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im reading a lot about "Brexit Regret" and people want to over turn the vote. Is that possible or just tabloid click bait?
    The vote was not binding, it could be ignored at will.
    Unlikely outright, more likely if there is a call for a new election, whereupon some parties might simply decide to come out and say we wont honor it, and if they win, it might very well be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The vote was never binding. The parliament is the one that has to actually form a proper resolution here to exit. The problem is they know if they vote for that they go down as the biggest morons in history and will be lynched either way. If they don't do it they will always hear why didn't you. If they do it the inevitable economic situation down the line will cause the uneducated to be pissed as well. Usually, in a proper country, you require a 2/3 majority to make sweeping changes to the system. The UK banks on the house of lords / the queen to do that in a constitutional sense. Since that is pretty much unprecedented that they actually veto a resolution and they face the same issue the House of Commons (your run of the mill voted in parliament) faces, it's questionable if they will actually do that.

I've read a couple of articles and commentaries from various experts and it's pretty clear overall that the only chance this will be resolved is if they have new (general) elections and make the brexit thing part of the party programs. Just electing a new prime minister (which is what Cameron currently plans) is not going to solve this at all, it just stalls, as it is a party internal thing. The issue with that is, that even if they do that, they will strengthen UKIP (the racist party) further, which they don't want either. So no matter what they do, the ones who decide will have heavy political losses, which makes this such a fascinating display of political ineptitude. Cameron gambled high, and not on lost his house, he accidentally set the whole town ablaze. What a time to be alive :P.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    The EU has made it abundantly clear that it desires a quick resolution, one that respects the result of the referendum. That sounds really like they don't consider this salvageable.
    it's not their call. And EU doesnt advise UK about respecting ref or not.

assuming all hooligans are racists lol
    I'm fairly confident that the overlap is significant enough .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm fairly confident that the overlap is significant enough .
    Hooligans are contentious, violent, loud, disruptive, racist, and some, i assume, are nice people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.