Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Spoken like a true Drumpf supporter. With no connection to reality but a lot of pomp.

Proud to wave your ignorance like a flag, that's how I like you guys.
    Be nice to your brother! He is in WI he is probably German anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No they haven't, as stated today and every day the Leave side are saying free movement of people means no free movement of £350 million a week to Brussels.

Oh I see BTW Turkey are at they EU today, how interesting lol
    It's still not 350 million a week. How many times does the Brexit movement have to admit that before you believe it? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Switzerland has similar rights due to bilateral treaties, doesn't it?
    Everybody has passporting rights, what this means is that if you only need to get regulatory approval from one EU country to trade to them all - What the UK does is (by virtue of speaking english and other things) is to be a good foothold for external actors - banking, but also multinationals.
    Any EU country could do this, its just that the UK has some advantages - as for the Swizz, dont think so, not for third parties anyway, i cant recall what the EES (and their particular brand too) says on that issue, but i think not.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Be nice to your brother! He is in WI he is probably German anyway.
    I was being nice. He won't be able to comprehend criticism anyway... *shrug*
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    No because it will be even more than 350 a week to Brussels from now on if the UK wants access to the same deals.
    You seem to know an awful lot about the terms of any future deal, are you on the EU's negotiating team or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    You seem to know an awful lot about the terms of any future deal, are you on the EU's negotiating team or something?
    I live in reality. Helps a lot

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I love the tears of Old Europe at Britannia doing its own thing and refusing to let them suckle off of her teet anymore, and dump the "refugee" invaders, while dictating Law via an unelected and un refutable all powerful "commission" of power mad Bureaucrats in Brussels. Who now want to take away satate soverign armys and place the under "the comission's" control 400+ KM away

We see that same "comission" saying member states of a more conservative Democratically elected viewpoint, won't have the same amount of say, since it's unpopular among the ivory tower dictators in Brussels.

Seeing how not even 75 years ago people were being cooked by the millions in ovens, I can see why the Brits would eject.
    Just for the sake of clarity I feel it should be pointed out....

people were being cooked by the millions in German ovens
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    So the economy is now going to go to the dogs. = less tax = public sector cuts and higher taxes to cope with the hit.

well done Brexiters making everyone poorer is a solid plan.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's still not 350 million a week. How many times does the Brexit movement have to admit that before you believe it? :P
    whatever, hundreds of millions a week doesn't sound any better!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    It's not called isolationism. Its called "NOT participating".
    Tomato.
    vs
    Tomato.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    I would start with 1943 - nazi Germany
    Ah yes, we just need to activate the EU's Godwin clause and then we will get everything we want while giving up nothing. Why did no one think of it before!

Deleted
    No they haven't,
    Yes they have, BoJo, the libertairan MEP, pretty much everyone has backtracked and downplayed this.
    as stated today and every day the Leave side are saying free movement of people means no free movement of £350 million a week to Brussels.
    A, that number is a lie, B, There does not exist some magic treaty where free movement is not included, but if it did, it would still involve the transfers of money C, The EU does not fucking need that money, that's not how the budget works.

Oh I see BTW Turkey are at they EU today, how interesting lol
    Turkey is currently occupying parts of Cyprus, Cyprus is an EU member - How this idiotic idea of Turkish membership persists is fucking astonishing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I'd hate to say that bwahhahaha thats the express, however if immigration numbers stay the same, it won't be a beggar from the EU basket case countries we are forced to take it, but a doctor from India for example. Europe will keep the trash we will cherry pick the prime immigrants.

Good luck with that euros!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You don´t understand, british people will just stop to want german cars, because patriotism, or nationalism, or uh reason.
    With the kind of research they have shown themselves capable of I expect them to boycott the wrong products out of ignorance.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Again - the UK derives 14% of its GDP from exporting to the EU - The EU number is 3% - How fucking hard is it to understand that ?
    I'm fairly sure this has been pointed out before but it's not that simple. The UK is the EU's biggest trade partner, 16% of all EU exports go to the UK and it's not like we are bringing in Estonian potatoes. 7.1% of Germany's exports come here, 7.3% of France's come here, 5.5% of Italy's exports come here, 9.7% of the Netherlands exports come here, 9.3% of Belgium-Luxembourg's exports come here.

So while the overall numbers from the EU to the UK might not be that high it's because while we may not do that much business with the uninfluential/powerless EU members we do do a lot of business with the important ones.

Deleted
    I was responding to somebody who said that EU poliiticans have said freedom of movement was not up for discussion, the comments of the French Minister contradict that.
    They don't - the others have been saying its free movement or no free market, he said, everything is on the table, that is to say, you can have a limited treaty if you like, but that will mean no full and free access -

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turkey is currently occupying parts of Cyprus, Cyprus is an EU member - How this idiotic idea of Turkish membership persists is fucking astonishing.
    This x100, Turkey should not even be considered for EU membership while they are militarily occupying part of an EU member.

Deleted
    Because Norway pay more per capita than you do - Net.

- - - Updated - - -

You know who invented the concentration camp?
    The British a few decades before.

I am not sure what you are calling where people choose to spend there money? Many spend with an eye on local employment.

My order of priority used to be
    British
    European
    American
    Asian

It's now

British
    American
    Asian
    European

Many will feel the same
    You are aware that that would make your country least priority in terms of trade negotiations for the EU?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Norway pay more per capita than you do - Net.
    Jeez, The UK cannot be compared to Norway, we are equivalent to 5 Norways.

Glad you pointed that out, it is historically accurate and we should make no mistake of that fact. It was nazi Germany that burned 6 million Jews in the ovens. Good observation.

I wonder, though, how is this relevant to the current situation?