Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    This once in a lifetime vote is not for you or your peers. Just like the 1975 vote, it is for your children, those who were born then and thereafter and thankfully they made the right decision.
    I do find it very interesting how this Brexit vote is very much connected to the age of the voter... basically the older you are the more likely you will vote leave. ANd young people mainly vote to stay in.

Its weird because traditionally Britain is terrible to accept change, we hate it and will always vote against change. Thats because older voters tend to vote for things to stay as they are... yet in this vote its totally the opposite... very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I have full confidence, that despite so many repeated attempts by British politicians to use the EU itself as a political football in so many ways, from electoral to party-political to even jostling for Prime Minister, that ordinary Brits will not be fooled and will make the correct decision for their children's sakes.
    I think everyone is voting for what they see is the best future of the country... i think its insulting to assume people arent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Unlike you, I have linked to primary sources a shitton of times in this thread. So, no. You made the wild claim, you can back it up. I'll just formally call bullshit on it now, because you strike me as the type of person that never researches anything and I'm having fantastic 50/50 odds of you being dead wrong even without knowing what the EU is all about.
    U obviosuly didnt see the link i provided.

And you don't actually provide arguments, you're just sitting here, tellins us we're wrong. But you don't actually say why. So yeah, I'm not here to convince you either. I'm here to be able to later tell you "See, told you." and to read interesting posts about the topic. But you really are not interesting at all. You're arguing like a 12 year old.
    Its not my fault that you clearly havent been following the Brexit issue... if u missed the Fisheries discussion then u obviously havent.

I am undecided and obviously ive been prepared to listen to both arguments... you pro-EU guys are demonstrating just how un-informed you are. Maybe spend a little time researching both sides instead of working in an echo-chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I do find it very interesting how this Brexit vote is very much connected to the age of the voter... basically the older you are the more likely you will vote leave. ANd young people mainly vote to stay in.

Its weird because traditionally Britain is terrible to accept change, we hate it and will always vote against change. Thats because older voters tend to vote for things to stay as they are... yet in this vote its totally the opposite... very weird.

I think everyone is voting for what they see is the best future of the country... i think its insulting to assume people arent.

- - - Updated - - -

U obviosuly didnt see the link i provided.

Its not my fault that you clearly havent been following the Brexit issue... if u missed the Fisheries discussion then u obviously havent.

I am undecided and obviously ive been prepared to listen to both arguments... you pro-EU guys are demonstrating just how un-informed you are. Maybe spend a little time researching both sides instead of working in an echo-chamber?
    There will be hordes of people voting leave just to give the EU and the ruling party of the UK a black eye instead of "whats best for the country" just like its in germany with the AFD.

Protest voting at its finest.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    We will miss you, if you leave. Please stay and change the EU from within.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    And right here you shout loud and clear that you are not reading the media from around Europe...
    I am.
    This UK vote has sparked massive campaigns in several other EU countries to leave the EU.
    No - The same old people made the same old demands -
    The DUtch have been close to leaving for years, and now Italy and even France have big political movements pressuring the government to give the people a vote... just like in the UK.
    There is no European country that has anything comparable to UKIP - Their versions don't like the EU sure, But its not their raison d'être.
    Dude seriously... do your research... and stop reading UK crap newspapers for your news!!!!!!
    since i neither am British, nor reside there, I don't.

This Brexit vote has sparked massive unrest throughout the Eurozone... FACT.
    Reality, Thou aware of it?

In the end, EU needs a scrapegoat to vent its accumulating frustration on. If UK is willing to play that role ... let the show begin. Either EU will decimate UK after it leaves EU or it does not. Either way it's a win for the rest of the EU countries. UK is willing to be the test subject. Win or lose ... everyone else in EU will benefit.

So be brave. Vote brexit.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    In the end, EU needs a scrapegoat to vent its accumulating frustration on. If UK is willing to play that role ... let the show begin. Either EU will decimate UK after it leaves EU or it does not. Either way it's a win for the rest of the EU countries. UK is willing to be the test subject. Win or lose ... everyone else in EU will benefit.

So be brave. Vote brexit.
    So now it's the EU's fault that the UK wants to exit, too? Hell, is there anything you don't blame on the EU?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    So now it's the EU's fault that the UK wants to exit, too? Hell, is there anything you don't blame on the EU?
    Well, EU members are at odds these days more often than not.

Deleted
    well there scaremongering the poor saying they will lose there benefits and the thing is i care about my benefits even before that headline was published and il vote to remain, we are safer inside the EU where we can be at the table nd negotiate, if we leave the EU will still tells us what to do but we wont have our priminister on the EU table. dnt listen to the media or websites vote ON YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE pick which one affects you the least, people have to think this is for the long term not the short term.

Deleted
    The EU does also contain the Eurozone too. That comes with its own set of very real issues - the kind of issues that realistically can completely reshape the EU of today.

So, Repefe is right. If by some unfortunate chain of events, the UK chooses to leave and ends up leaving, the EU will learn a *bleep* ton about the concept, process details and repercussions, especially the overwhelmingly adverse ones that will affect the UK.

Any adverse repercussions to the EU, by contrast, will ultimately be limited because they are generally smaller countries and almost all of them rely on the Euro as their sovereign currency, plus many the generous tit of German taxpayers funds. These ain't going nowhere!

So, the whole pointless exercise is only a good thing for EU stability by itself.

It would need a diabolical deep and sharp economic crisis to occur perhaps during the period of uncertainty caused by Brexit vote and leaving to realistically threaten the core of the EU, i.e. the Eurozone, which would easily overshadow Brexit anyway (that would just add a little fuel to such a fire).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-16 at 09:36 PM.

You misunderstand. What I am saying is that UK leaving will give EU a target to vent. A common enemy to punish. It will be good for EU.

You misunderstand. What I am saying is that UK leaving will give EU a target to vent. A common enemy to punish. It will be good for EU.
    Nobody in the EU is interested in that...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Nobody in the EU is interested in that...
    Speak for yourself. UK has been making problems for years in EU. Combine that with the fact that EU will want to make an exeample of a leaving member and ppl, well, politicians, will be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    • Keith Chegwin
    Wohwohwoh, Cheggers is voting Leave? Sorry Remainiacs I'm changing my mind and voting Leave now, I know this will confuse some of the europeans in the thread but this is Keith "fucking" Chegwin here. KEITH CHEGWIN!!! (all caps, many exclamation marks), absolute legend. Why the fuck hasn't Boris been telling us this!? No one would of even bothered campaigning for Remain if they had known Cheggers wants us out.

Speak for yourself. UK has been making problems for years in EU. Combine that with the fact that EU will want to make an exeample of a leaving member and ppl, well, politicians, will be interested.
    Unlike the UK, the EU is not full of people that absolutely need to have an enemy. When the UK leaves, we will most likely be harsh not because we want to punish them, but because that's a) how it goes and b) the EU has to represent the interests of the EU member states. Not the UK. That doesn't mean that the UK stops being a close NATO ally and a partner country. Just means we can finally toss out all the fucking exceptions we made for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem likely to happen. It seems strange to me that every rational argument and point of discussion is a clear win to stay; but the Leave camp can get away with making promises they don't have the authority to keep, and misrepresent the facts to the point that they are frankly, just lying and making shit up. It makes me sad, and it's basically impossible to counter, because even when you call them on it, they just seem to keep shouting them louder. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It does seem likely to happen. It seems strange to me that every rational argument and point of discussion is a clear win to stay; but the Leave camp can get away with making promises they don't have the authority to keep, and misrepresent the facts to the point that they are frankly, just lying and making shit up. It makes me sad, and it's basically impossible to counter, because even when you call them on it, they just seem to keep shouting them louder. :/
    Well, the EC didn't start with the UK. They can always rejoin once they realise how nice it was. I wouldn't leave them the Pound, though. France left NATO and rejoined, I don't think this is permanent. It'll be a bitch to trade with them, but what the hell.. It's just a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Welcome to reality where it's fantasy that rules in peoples heads. One positive if we do infact leave is that in a decade or so after nearly 20 years of economic stagnation the UK populace might start taking Politics seriously again and we start holding our own MPs accountable and get a brand of politics that will start to work for the people rather than the special interests.

Or we stay fucked.....guess that's a possibility too. Maybe it's time to learn a foreign language, went on a stag a few months ago to Berlin and was highly impressed, good quality of life and unbelievably cheap.

Of course Britian should Leave! The sooner EU collapse the better for Europe itself! As long as EU will remain political body instead of economical agreement it will suck all the potential from each contry (except Germany who benefits the most from EU).

There is no difference between EU and USSR. Look it up.

So if the reports about what the assailant yelled when he murdered the MP are true it may have just decided the debate. Human nature being what it is, there is going to be a large sympathy vote for remain now.

Given the polls had been indicating a leave vote victory (probably), it would be the worst decision by a Brexit supporter to do that. I doubt there is anything that could have been done that would do wore harm to the leave vote that this.

You could certainly understand why that those who are prone to believing in conspiracy theories would want it to be some false flag op.

I wonder what happens if it does swing the vote and after the fact it turns out to completely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Of course Britian should Leave! The sooner EU collapse the better for Europe itself! As long as EU will remain political body instead of economical agreement it will suck all the potential from each contry (except Germany who benefits the most from EU).

There is no difference between EU and USSR. Look it up.
    Not sure if Sarcasm or Insanity.