10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Democracy has won!
    Drama queens have won
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    I also don`t get why so many guys from the US are angry with the EU! Do they hate other nations/states working together like the US??? (Did they not pay some patents for the copy )
    it's not the same thing. The EU is not a very democratic body, it isn't transparent, it's not the sort of liberty the democracy of America stands for.

I feel that it's the economists, that fuelled Obama's warning to Britain, it's that he felt in America's economic interest, Britain leaving the EU he felt would destablise the economy too much ... i don't bleieve him there ofc, and even if it does, it's something we will bboth recoover from strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it silly that a difference of 3.8% leads to such a global decision? Shouldn't there have been requirement of the vast majority of votes, like at least 70%? I mean, almost half the population wants to be a part of EU, and now suddenly - bam! - not anymore! Weird how this referendum worked...
    It is why referendum votes are a bad idea and are almost never binding. Even this vote is not binding.

It is similar to the reason why a monarchy/dicatatorship is the most efficient, but worst form of government. Major changes should be incremental.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Sinn Fein can call for what they bloody want, only Norn Iron can decide if they want out, Republic doesn't get a say.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_F...eland_Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is a popular opinion that referendum is not a democratic, but, rather, ochlocratic event. Regardless, in pretty much any vote, when the difference between the winner and the loser is negligible, I think, nothing rash should be done; perhaps schedule another referendum for a couple weeks later, so people can make up their minds?
    Nah stick with it. I want to see Britain burn, I just hope the other EU countries give them the middle finger now after everyone had to pussyfoot around Britain's special needs for decades and them whining how it was still not special enough :P.

Also: Someone make sure to tape everything if the situation turns into V for Vendetta, I wanna see that shit .

This is the quickest and lowest the British Pound has ever fallen.

and it hasn't hit bottom yet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Political suicide for cameron.
    Ok, I mean, if he says no, suicide. If he agrees, again suicide. What the actual fuck happened here? He went for a referendum himself, he asked, then got the opposite result. Really ones in a lifetime event we are experiencing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Ah thats my bad, I forget there active in both Irelands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it's not the same thing. The EU is not a very democratic body, it isn't transparent, it's not the sort of liberty the democracy of America stands for.

I feel that it's the economists, that fuelled Obama's warning to Britain, it's that he felt in America's economic interest, Britain leaving the EU he felt would destablise the economy too much ... i don't bleieve him there ofc, and even if it does, it's something we will bboth recoover from strongly.
    Every 5 years everybody in the EU get's to decide the members of the European Parliament and the national governments of the member states are the main part of the governing body. It's not less transparent. peope just care less, and then complain that they get no say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Ok, I mean, if he says no, suicide. If he agrees, again suicide. What the actual fuck happened here? He went for a referendum himself, he asked, then got the opposite result. Really ones in a lifetime event we are experiencing.
    He wanted to gather some far right wing votes and banked on people overall not going along with it, that seems to have been a slight miscalculation.

Deleted
    Bloody Cornwall slowing everyone down.

Shit, was just about to start process for dual citizenship with Britain(mom was born there) just so I could go anywhere in EU when/if Trump buttfucks US.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah stick with it. I want to see Britain burn, I just hope the other EU countries give them the middle finger now after everyone had to pussyfoot around Britain's special needs for decades and them whining how it was still not special enough :P.

Also: Someone make sure to tape everything if the situation turns into V for Vendetta, I wanna see that shit .
    Except that this completely ignores the fact that many things like this affect the entire world at this point. When any of the huge economic powers makes a large-scale move like this you may want to 'just watch it all burn down' but you may also just as quickly be forgetting to turn around and see your own area/country/nation burning down right along with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    It's not the first time he's done this, it happened when the Americans wanted us to go into Syria with them the first time.

I do wonder about the kind of people who voted leave.. There was the taxi driver last week who was not only clearly a dumb drink driving football hooligan, nice bloke but a bit of an idiot and slightly racist (and well a drink driver).. And then there's that 27 year old girl on facebook, an ex girlfriend of someone I know who said she was voting leave because apparently "since the UK joined the EU she lost her job and other bad things happened."

I mean they can't all be that stupid, and actually I was only narrowly remain myself but I get the feeling that's why most of Wales voted leave, a bunch of stupid uneducated racists, like that taxi driver. That said one of my best friends voted out and he has a strong head on him, but I know he voted out because he sits around watching hours worth of conspiracy theories weekly and hates the reptilians in charge of the EU.

It's gonna be crazy because we could see NI and Scotland leave the UK now, since they voted quite clearly to remain.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Cornwall slowing everyone down.
    What has them lowering the average IQ got to do with this thread?

He'll get kicked out of office.
    this is the problem, this wasn't a general election even though it feels like a large portion of the leave camp thought it was, although if I were david cameron i'd bow out and let someone else try to wrangle this clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They have said it will take years before the transition is complete so I highly doubt it.
    People are going to wake up and their money is going to be worth 15% less than it was yesterday.

That will trickle down into interest rates on loans, which will affect business spending, which will effect job growth.

This would be incredibly funny if this became a modern Dewey defeats Truman moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhearMark View Post
    Except that this completely ignores the fact that many things like this affect the entire world at this point. When any of the huge economic powers makes a large-scale move like this you may want to 'just watch it all burn down' but you may also just as quickly be forgetting to turn around and see your own area/country/nation burning down right along with it.
    Well, didn't you hear? Britain can easily make it. Then the rest of the world can probably too.