The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Nice of Nigel to now tell the public that he did not endorse the £350m extra NHS funding the leave campaign had made a point of, it's not even a day old and a "promise" is already looking to be getting the chop. Oh well, I never do trust politicians to keep to their promises. But now it's in the Leaver's court, they've gotten the vote, now it's their turn to make good on the promises that secured that vote. I won't hold my breath, but as it's the way the vote went I have to hope it doesn't bite us on our backsides.
    Would be interested to see what losses/gains, money-wise, the Brexit or pro-EU elites have after this whole thing is over and done. I'm personally of that opinion that politicians don't rule any country. Big companies do, with their money and power.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to that, sue me!
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    My point being that the GDP of Europe is greater then the GDP of the US.
    This is pretty close to a non-point. As the UK just demonstrated, "Europe" isn't a single coherent entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It really does, it is the argument that UKIP have been using for years and that you do not know that is evidence that you should be commenting in a thread about Brexit.
    What the UKIP says and what is reality are not in alignment in many places.

The EU and UK are interwoven so closely that the EU will collapse if the UK does. Greece was nothing compared to the damage the UK can do and the EU will not take the chance of not coming to a deal that is acceptable to the UK.
    Right... but the UK equally cannot say no, since they equally will collapse if they do so. Hence; the UK is not in a good place to make a beneficial deal either. Only one of the two parties is in the position of requiring new conditions, though. You can't say that the EU will openly accept whatever the UK wants without equally saying the opposite is true. When it comes down to it, the EU is less beholden to its member states than the UK government are to their population. That's supposedly half the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    I hope you realize that some of those immigrants have been waiting there for years because the French had to keep them there, so 2 years is just not going to matter, eventually they will live their dream and march into the UK uncontrolled. No EU membership = none of your neighbours are bound to hold migrants from entering anymore.
    The border checks at Calais are based on bilateral deals, Not the EU membership
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice of Nigel to now tell the public that he did not endorse the £350m extra NHS funding the leave campaign had made a point of, it's not even a day old and a "promise" is already looking to be getting the chop. Oh well, I never do trust politicians to keep to their promises. But now it's in the Leaver's court, they've gotten the vote, now it's their turn to make good on the promises that secured that vote. I won't hold my breath, but as it's the way the vote went I have to hope it doesn't bite us on our backsides.
    You really thought that people with no governmental mandate or position of authority were good to make any kind of pledge or promise that they could keep? Shit, I even said in the days before that this was something that really annoyed me about the Leave campaign - that they were making promises they had no formal capacity to keep. Not least that that particular promise was based on a widely discredited figure.

Deleted
    No it would not cause a widespread exodus from the EU, this is an argument based on what a child would do, not what nations would do.
    No, it's a fact. EU will do everything to get the most/the best it can for EU. If giving you worse deals in their judgement is better for EU longterm they will do it. If going easy on UK is better longterm they will do it. But they will not go out of their way just so you can have it good while EU is ankles deep in shit.

Deleted
    I am sure I did not say a better deal, I said a cheaper deal.

The main issues with the EU that the UK had were:

1. Immigration - solved by leaving
    2. Legislation - any business with the EU would be subject to their legislation, business anywhere else can be on separate terms
    3. Cost of membership - any payment will have to be cheaper, or the UK will not agree to a deal

The EU will accept 3, because it is not worth them not accepting it.
    Immigration sure those numbers might go down but we need eu workers and the uk need to use the fact poland and other eastern eu countries need the access to the uk economy for its people as there basically going get acouple million unemployed people returning and the loss of income they used to bring back.

legislation thats not going to change but now we dont have a say in the matter as the uk will need to abide by them to continue to trade aka safest standard etc etc etc

Cost of the member ship sure will get that back but it wont outway the tax money we have been earning from the central banks being located in london so will be worse of income wise.

You can tag on the investment money that wont be coming into the uk now as this is going to take awhile to sort.

But hey the economy will shrink atleast 5% hundred of thousands of people will now loose there job and things will become more expensive if we dont get into the free market again but will mostlikely have to pay for that access.

But the eu from the sounds of it are going to use the uk as an example to other nations wanting to leave. But the bright side is the eu is falling apart more nations are going to the right and anti eu sentiment is rising heck there is more in italy and france at the moment than england and we are leaving. So it might be the end to what we know as the eu because once other nations start leaving it might cause a flee flow and will crash so the uk leaving early might better protect are economy.

But things can go either way now no one knows its up in the air only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You mean by keeping the international agreements it signed?
    By not protecting the businesses that made this country great (see the Siemens case, the Volkswagen case, and the hundreds of others).
    By not protecting the interests of the country, its people and its economy.
    By not standing up to the "big brother" that is openly spying on the highest government officials of the country as well as the businesses of the country.
    The list can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Well if you don't like it, you can more than leave.
    where would I go, I claim welfare, haven't had a job in over a decade, wonder what my chances are like now.

it made me wonder if the British value has changed a bit, for interviews do i need to grow a new mindset.

'so what are your strengths?' 'well i only think about my self and i'm a die hard racist' 'your hired!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Why Farage chose to lie about the NHS is an enigma to me. I don't know a whole lot about internal British politics, but isn't the NHS considered a national treasure?
    It's because it's so highly regarded he decided to lie about it. Farage is widely regarded to be a cunt, and anyone with any sense would have ignored him from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    He said Europe, not EU
    Why would he take countries that arent part of the EU as an argument, makes little sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Well if you don't like it, you can more than leave.
    He can't, needs visa

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    where would I go, I claim welfare, haven't had a job in over a decade, wonder what my chances are like now.

it made me wonder if the British value has changed a bit, for interviews do i need to grow a new mindset.

'so what are your strengths?' 'well i only think about my self and i'm a die hard racist' 'your hired!'
    So leaving the EU = Racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Why would he take countries that arent part of the EU as an argument, makes little sense?
    that's why "". Don't ask me. For the same reason people voted "leave" to later complain "but I didn't know!" ? You never know. He went out of his way to type "Europe" and not "EU" so duh.

Deleted
    The EU and UK are interwoven so closely that the EU will collapse if the UK does. Greece was nothing compared to the damage the UK can do and the EU will not take the chance of not coming to a deal that is acceptable to the UK.
    When two countires engage in a financial fight, the 'pain' is typically similar - Its just divided up between the two parties population - Given that the EU is 440 million and the UK is 60 million - the UK will feel all pain 7 times more strongly.
    In short, while the pain might be great for the EU, it would be unbearable for the UK - Your negotiation position is weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for that venerated new 'financial capital of the world'.

Deleted
    It really does, it is the argument that UKIP have been using for years and that you do not know that is evidence that you should be commenting in a thread about Brexit.

The EU wont collapse. The UK leaving is like amputating a rotting limb. Short term painful, but long term not having the rot spread outweighs this.
    The EU will be fine. The UK will eventually also be fine. The sooner the UK is out. The sooner recovery can begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    He can't XD Needs visa
    and money would be good, if i were sitting on 10k I would definitely consider it.

can't really do much with £60 a week. live perhaps, thats about it.

Deleted
    Britain paid 11 Billion to the EU and got 6 Billion. So Britain only paid 5 Billion netto per year - and thats pretty much nothing considering how big the british economy is. They paid less than 100 Mios per week. Or 1.5 £ per week per UK citizen. That is literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You really thought that people with no governmental mandate or position of authority were good to make any kind of pledge or promise that they could keep? Shit, I even said in the days before that this was something that really annoyed me about the Leave campaign - that they were making promises they had no formal capacity to keep. Not least that that particular promise was based on a widely discredited figure.
    Nope, I was a remain person cause I knew they'd never keep their promises. Just having a giggle that one of them is already being swept under the carpet within a day of the result. It's like a new record for speediest promise drop, I would have to research other contenders but I'm liable to give it to them cause it was so awfully obvious.