Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Can't argue that the main parties were absolutely horrible at explaining the situation; but then tough shit, these guys are better than you is hardly going to be a vote winner. Again though, better directed investment in training in these areas so as not to create the situation in the first place is something that is, was, and continues to be lacking and the end result is that leaving the EU simply isn't going to fix the problem anyway, since we still need these guys.

Unless trashing the economy to kill growth and job creation to stop the draw is the objective; in which case it's looking like it might be a resounding success.

It's something that shouldn't have ever been regarded as a problem, and dismissed as such from the outset by the major parties. They were at fault for not doing so.
    You disappoint me Jessicka. For years I've seen you with awesome Succubus avatar/sig and now... some Blackwidow? ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    What is the weakness of their position? Go back to the criterion that one would have used for the many centuries of European history prior to the EU experiment. They have economic value, they have a strong military. More recent modern indicator, they are a nuclear power. It's comical that people think this is suddenly the former Rhodesia because it gave up on a bad idea that's not even a quarter century old.
    So they have a strong military and nuclear weapons. Should they threaten the EU to invade and bomb them into oblivion? lol
    That will get them far in negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Ive heard stuff like this in germany too. I am shocked because 10 years ago they wouldnt have dared to say this. Now we live in a society where hatred and racism are sayable.

You just need to listen long enough.
    it's not racist to vet people coming into your country. It's your country, you decide who is allowed. Thats not being racist, it's being smart.
    Last edited by Fadeslol; 2016-06-24 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yeah since short term politics work out so great, that reasoning does make sense isn't that short term thinking by brits politics the whole reason you have issues with keeping things as NHS sustained? To name just one thing.
    Voters worldwide and throughout history have gone for bread today, rather than a promise of cake tomorrow. You have to put food on the table.

7+ Year Old Account
    CAC down 7%
    DAX down 6%
    FTSE barely moved

German/Frankreich shareholders wondering how much the EU is going to have to tax them to make up the UK £350 million a week shortfall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Wait so from the day we UK members were able to read we all should have picked up books and taught ourselves about the EU? It's like I said, no one was interested 12-24 months ago, a referendum wasn't even heard of for the most part, only the A level educated knew of it or the people in politics, what a fine job they have done messing things up already. People also forget that it was an A level educated twat (Cameron) that suggested we leave the EU to begin with, He planted the seed.

People can't call the Brexit voters idiots, over half the country thinks otherwise.

I like everyone else done what research I could from both sides and gave my choice. I am as educated on the subject as everyone else.
    I voted for my EU representatives, i know what the EU does, i have a good idea how it functions. If you are voting around something than yes it is your personal responsibility to be informed otherwise you might as well leave it up to a coin toss.

I can call them idiots now after it has been done since calling them idiots before well that merely strengthen their blind resolve, also especially i can call them that if they blindly believe what Farrage and co says despite such things being debunked, if i see multiple political parties making a claim i start to do some research around it.

When i vote for something i know what it is about, i'm member of a eurosceptic party how can you be opposed to parts of something without even knowing the full picture? That being said i'm glad the exit vote won but not for the reason the brexit camp thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Believing that as a single state you are more powerful in an ever globalized world with large world powers you are simply wrong. Not surprised to see the arabians being throw in your argument either, spotted that simplistic reasoning already in your first reply
    That depends on how strong other countries are.
    If others are parasites, dead weight, anchors dragging you down...then yeah. A country could be made stronger for ridding itself of them.

Looking at Scotland..and the likelihood of an independent referendum; .Currency will need to be made an issue.
    The Scots will either want to keep the same deal that the UK had, or...they'll have to eat the euro.

That might seem a good prospect in this chaotic moment considering where the pound is, but once it gets stable...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    The EU wont collapse. The UK leaving is like amputating a rotting limb. Short term painful, but long term not having the rot spread outweighs this.
    The EU will be fine. The UK will eventually also be fine. The sooner the UK is out. The sooner recovery can begin.
    You do know whats happening politically in other eu countries right now right ? The question will go from Uk exit to will the eu survive as we know it when the anti eu sentiment is even stronger in alot of other countries compared the the uk and we all know what the uk just did didnt we. The next couple of years is going to be a fekking mess not just from the leave but a very isolated german as from the latest polls the french national front is lead has increase and looks likely to take control.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The UK must do quite a lot to offset the damages it just accumulated.
    The have just proven to be a threat to the US, not an ally.
    Just because it doesnt want to be in the EU doesn't mean it's a threat to the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    You disappoint me Jessicka. For years I've seen you with awesome Succubus avatar/sig and now... some Blackwidow? ;(
    You're actually not the first person to say they miss them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its not that ppl didn't research properly, well it is, its more to do with the fact that this was a fuck you cameron vote.

the box said 'remain' or 'leave' although i bet well over 1 million ppl saw 'remain' and 'fuck cameron'. that is the problem i have, ppl went into this like a general election vote. and it wasn't that. i fully accept that emotions clouded judgements on this one.

and ofc ppl are gunna feel cheated now with that message this morning. you can't have a campaign based on certain promises and then expect everyone to just go 'oh well' when those promises aren't adhered to or they turn out to be convenient 'mistakes'.

its way too early i really hope the pour money into the nhs, and they likely will..eventually when enough ppl complain.
    He planted the seed though, This was his idea to begin with and when shit got real he dropped his status as PM almost immediately, What's that about?. If he thought to begin with that leaving the EU was the right idea then he must have had some plans put in place for a situation like this right? But he choose to drop his leadership why?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They have economic value, they have a strong military. More recent modern indicator, they are a nuclear power.
    Just a note, that description also directly applies to Ukraine prior to leaving the USSR after an independence referendum. Is this all going to end with France annexing Cornwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I don't live in the UK and even I know he never said a thing about 350m. It was an ad from Vote Leave campaign which is seperate from his own.
    So he pointed out they are wrong, then?
    Before the vote that is?

Because to me it looks like he gave his silent support and let people assume there was nothing wrong with that number because it fit into his agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Voters worldwide and throughout history have gone for bread today, rather than a promise of cake tomorrow. You have to put food on the table.
    Is it really bread today considering the needed trade relations the UK has with the EU? Give me one example of something that will improve since i can't think of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're actually not the first person to say they miss them...
    Back with you to being naughty Succubus!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The border checks at Calais are based on bilateral deals, Not the EU membership
    The were based on the fact that both had EU membership, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I will say this, just from watching some video clips of Farage, he does have that stuffy British twat persona down pat. He's not exactly likable or charismatic, but he does have that air of authority that a lot of your actual elected leaders can't pull off. The guy acts as if he's already in charge whenever he speaks, it's no surprise that some people will believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    t's not racist to vet people coming into your country. It's your country, you decide who is allowed. Thats not being racist, it's being smart.
    That is absolutely okay. But that isnt the true agenda. Brexit was a lot about migration (a homemade problem btw, it was the british govenment that wanted cheap workers) and in the end racism.

Deleted
    What is the weakness of their position?
    Because they are a nation of 60 million going against a bloc of 440 million.
    Because half its trade goes to the EU, where the corresponding figure for the EU is barely noticeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So he pointed out they are wrong, then?
    Before the vote that is?

Because to me it looks like he gave his silent support and let people assume there was nothing wrong with that number because it fit into his agenda.
    It does look like that but all I am pointing at is people pointing fingers with accusations "x said y" but not being right about it. Gives you an idea about some voters.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    By not protecting the businesses that made this country great (see the Siemens case, the Volkswagen case, and the hundreds of others).
    By not protecting the interests of the country, its people and its economy.
    By not standing up to the "big brother" that is openly spying on the highest government officials of the country as well as the businesses of the country.
    The list can go on.
    The list of lies?