10+ Year Old Account

Decided I'm going to go for a new laptop (instead of building a PC)

Decided for my trip, I'm going to go with the laptop option rather than building a new PC. - Going to be doing a lot more traveling from now on, so rather like the idea if it being portable enough for me to take on some of the shorter trips. - I'm a fly with hand luggage only kinda guy where I can get away with it).

I was looking something like this:
    ASUS ROG G751JY-VS71(WX) 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M , 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD (Win 10 Version)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DT4A2K6

(I'd upgrade to an SSD post purchase)

But actually I noticed it doesn't have a displayport. Given how the majority of decent monitors now are DP rather than HDMI (and certainly if I'm going to consider setting up a dock in my apartment with a 3440x1440 or higher I believe that one really wants to be using DP now)

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Basically requirements are that:
    Must haves:
    Matte / Anti-Glare screen
    17" or larger
    970 or higher
    Full size keyboard (mostly a given with this size, but some seem not to)
    Standard headset audio and mic jacks for a non-usb headset.

Budget - I'd like to ideally keep it nearer the $1k mark, but $1,500 is doable if it's worth it.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2016-05-30 at 10:50 PM.

1000-1500 of what currency? The Amazon page you linked is US, but your MMO-C profile says you are from the UK.

Regarding DP, the reason not many manufacturers include them is because of I/O port space. I managed to find ACER Predator laptops that do have them though(at least the 17'' versions).

Here is one I found on the UK amazon site for £1400: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Predat...=Acer+Predator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    1000-1500 of what currency? The Amazon page you linked is US, but your MMO-C profile says you are from the UK.
    Ah sorry good point.

USD.
    I'm heading to the US for work for the next 9 months (likely much longer to be honest)

5 hrs battery life looks good too!
    Last edited by Djinni; 2016-05-30 at 07:50 PM.