Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't see how you could put set bonuses into LFR and not mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    I said Mythic + players as in players who do Mythic content and above.
    This seems like such an odd distinction but whatever, we'll run with it for now.

It would be a shame if OP setbonuses would make LFR a requirement for mythic+ players.
    LFR gear has the same set bonuses as all other forms of raiding so for players who are doing "mythic+" raid content it's a moot point. You're getting those same bonuses anyway. For "mythic+" dungeon focused players it's sort of a point but a weaker form is "It would be a shame if OP set bonuses would make raiding a requirement for mythic+ players". If doing LFR is appealing because of the set bonuses then higher forms of raiding are more appealing because the gear is just better. I'll pay that LFR has a much lower barrier to entry but doing normals at least is probably not out of reach for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    That's pretty much the class order set.
    The problem with the Order Hall set as a dungeon set is that it doesn't do anything in dungeons until 6 pieces. That's a whole lot of slots coming from outside dungeons.

Would be nice to see at least a dungeon tier sets again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    I said Mythic + players as in players who do Mythic content and above.
    Seriously, just stop. You derped and now you're just derailing the thread with your squirming.

This whole thread was based on the question "Will players who only run Mythic+ dungeons [and not raids] will be heavily incentivized to at least run LFR for tier bonuses even though they don't want to raid?" and you're bringing in Mythic raids for some stupid reason. Of course Mythic raiders running Mythic+ dungeons aren't heavily incentivized to run LFR for tier bonuses, they already have their sets from Heroic/Mythic raids. That is obvious for everyone with average+ intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It won't.

People really need to stop arguing that it will. If you don't want to do LFR, don't do it - leave it for the people who do want to do it, and want some low-quality character progression from it (including set bonuses).

The wider debate, of course, is whether or not set bonuses should be as powerful as they typically are, and thus severely hampering anyone who doesn't have them. I think a proper discussion about it is possibly in order.
    Many mythic raiders talk about how they prefer tier in lfr because it just adds another way to get tier on main and especially alts.
    Last edited by stomination; 2016-06-01 at 03:13 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Many mythic raiders talk about how they prefer tier in lfr because it just adds another way to get tier on main and especially alts.
    Actually, (most of the) people who don't like tier in LFR aren't Mythic raiders; top raiders aren't threatened by additional loot source, they'll do whatever helps them win. On the other hand, mid-Normal / low Heroic raiders are indeed directly threatened by LFR becoming the "endgame" for new players who are their recruitment pool, not the "mythic elitists".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well in beta there is another way to get tier but this is a different kind compared to raid tier.. There is a class specific tier set that can be had from a vendor in your order hall, and this tier is a 6 set tier.. The only difference is that it is gated behind gaining reps or killing dungeon bosses and so on and that there is also 2 other items that can be bought with order resources to upgrade them to 825 ilevel (I think)..

As for whether Mythic+ will drop tier have no idea as not run any..

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Actually, (most of the) people who don't like tier in LFR aren't Mythic raiders; top raiders aren't threatened by additional loot source, they'll do whatever helps them win. On the other hand, mid-Normal / low Heroic raiders are indeed directly threatened by LFR becoming the "endgame" for new players who are their recruitment pool, not the "mythic elitists".
    So basically you agree with me?

Yes. I replied to this specific spot you seem to ignore that you said.

It would be a shame if OP setbonuses would make LFR a requirement for mythic+ players.
    Exactly. Mythic+ players, players who run the mythic+ dungeons. Glad we're finally in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    yeah let's reach level 15 and get mythic titanforged socket tertiary guarantee tier parts
    Yeah, I totally said that :') Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you want your "raid" tier loot then you need to do a raid. Mythic is an alternative.
    I never said I wanted them in mythics. I just said that IF they were ever gonna be implemented, it could be a way. I'm a raider too, honey.

Homophobia is so gay.

If you are good enough to get the raid quality mythic dungeon gear you won't be forced to do LFR for gear on top of that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you are good enough to get the raid quality mythic dungeon gear you won't be forced to do LFR for gear on top of that.
    Not sure why you would skip them when they offer a small chance at BiS gear due to the new titan forged system.

People like to throw the word forced around a lot but like I said only Chinese prisoners are forced to play to wow.

I don't see why you can't have tier in mythic and mythic + dungeons as well. It doesn't hurt anyone that I can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    What's the actual measure of failure though?
    Ditching half your players in six months, followed by a corporate refusal to divulge subscription numbers after that in order to obfuscate how many have followed in the year+ of nothing since then.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    And yet you seem to be arguing against the point of this thread, which is that Mythic+ should have set bonuses so people don't feel forced to run LFR.
    No, I just have a more nuanced view on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I've no doubt that's true.

Deleted
    Ditching half your players in six months, followed by a corporate refusal to divulge subscription numbers after that in order to obfuscate how many have followed in the year+ of nothing since then.

No, I just have a more nuanced view on the topic.

I've no doubt that's true.
    If you want tier to be a prestige thing for raiders why are you ok with it being in lfr?

Mythic+ dungeons go past heroic raid difficulty (on beta) before they loot cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    If you want tier to be a prestige thing for raiders why are you ok with it being in lfr?
    Because, at the moment, it's not just a prestige thing for raiders. It's typically used to inflate performance drastically or, worse, to actually fix broken class mechanics (or exasperate them).

Where I think tier gear fits depends on what it's used for. That means I can support it exclusively coming from raids, but I can also support it coming from Mythic+ dungeons, world quests or currencies.

Context is everything.

Deleted
    It won't.

People really need to stop arguing that it will. If you don't want to do LFR, don't do it
    This is one of the most popular arguments in the entire history of the game. But it is always flawed and we get the first hint that it is flawed from you trying to censor people responding to it by saying "stop arguing". The reason it is actually flawed is that this is a game at the end of the day and we play the game to have fun, and some people have fun by optimizing their character, and it becomes less fun when to optimize their character they have to go through LFR, and it's not a good argument to tell me "very abstractly and theoretically you could not do it" because that's just a fantasy, we are not living in that theoretical fantastical world, we live in a real world where we play a video game and this video game has a lot of people that want to optimize in hard mode raiding and they will go to those instances to do that further, and there is nothing in the flat statement "you could not do it" that would stop them doing it and reducing their fun at the same time because for them it's more important to optimize their character than to reduce their fun slightly, but it's a reduction of fun nonetheless.

The larger problem here is that blizz is using set bonuses to make certain specs (warriors, cough) functional. Tier should be unavailable outside of heroic/mythic raids. But it has to be more accessible than that because sparkle dragon and friends can't design a playable class without stripping the important parts and giving them back as tier bonuses. Shit class design is the bane of WoW's existence since MoP.

As long as that's the case, tier has to be readily available from brain dead sources. In my dream world though, the devs give us engaging and fun classes at baseline and tier bonuses are nice bonuses but not necessary to enjoy your class.

Edit: case in point, ele in hfc. The fun factor increases DRASTICALLY with the hfc bonuses. Any time you love a class significantly more with tier, probably the class was broken without it and it's the devs fault.
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2016-06-01 at 02:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    The larger problem here is that blizz is using set bonuses to make certain specs (warriors, cough) functional. Tier should be unavailable outside of heroic/mythic raids. But it has to be more accessible than that because sparkle dragon and friends can't design a playable class without stripping the important parts and giving them back as tier bonuses. Shit class design is the bane of WoW's existence since MoP.

As long as that's the case, tier has to be readily available from brain dead sources. In my dream world though, the devs give us engaging and fun classes at baseline and tier bonuses are nice bonuses but not necessary to enjoy your class.

Edit: case in point, ele in hfc. The fun factor increases DRASTICALLY with the hfc bonuses. Any time you love a class significantly more with tier, probably the class was broken without it and it's the devs fault.
    So now your class isn't functional unless you have tier? That's a laugh. Your class may not be as optimal as you like but it's definitely functional.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    So now your class isn't functional unless you have tier? That's a laugh. Your class may not be as optimal as you like but it's definitely functional.
    It's just the way it is. Certain specs are nigh unplayable, and fixes are applied via set bonuses - this isn't anything new, it's been going on since Dragon Soul at least.

I wouldn't argue that it's universal, but it's often alarmingly common.

Deleted
    It's just the way it is. Certain specs are nigh unplayable, and fixes are applied via set bonuses - this isn't anything new, it's been going on since Dragon Soul at least.

I wouldn't argue that it's universal, but it's often alarmingly common.
    I have to agree with some sets as a retri. In DS, it made judgement give holy power which fixed the gameplay and made it play so much smoother. HFC, 3 charges of wings. It is fun to actually play retri ATM. I don't feel like a 2 min burst canon now and can help with prio targets a lot better.

I am sure there are more sets like that, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.