Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter134 View Post
    Humans don't have the same empathy. Are you genuinely retarded?
    Are you a sovereign citizen/freeman? Just curious

I reckon you probably started to go wrong when you compared raping someone to getting a glass of water.

That is going to cause offense. You don't give a crap about that? Then stop giving a crap about the consequences. Interesting priorities for a bigman like you - so butthurt by a ban you're crying on the forums? I'd love to see how you dealt with someone getting a glass of water from you, or something similar.

And just a tip - trying to assert some sort of intellectual superiority over the rest of the people here because you read a philosophy textbook just makes you look like a twat.

Take your head out of your arse. Decide what you're arguing about here and I'd suggest keeping those ridiculous views excusing rape to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Lol, the more I read of the OP's responses the more obvious it is why he got suspended. Dude, you just can't resist picking fights and then getting rude and condescending towards others. In the end you got nailed because you overstepped the bounds of acceptable language use, but really, you got banned because you have a serious inability to conduct yourself appropriately in conversation.
    Lol right? But thanks for the classic "I got banned, QQ, Blizzard so evil" story. Never fails to make me laugh what people expect to be able to say in general and not get banned. Idk if you came here to defend yourself, or seeking vindication, but you've only proven to everyone how right blizzard likely was.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Are any of those rights granted by the legal system the right to say whatever you want in a game owned by a private company? If not, then they're irrelevant to this conversation. And as a note, none of them grant you that right.
    I agreed to a contract, which I have not broken, yet they suspended me anyhow. That's where my legal rights kick in. They are not allowed to do that. Read the thread before you make stupid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still their game. They can deny you access to it for whatever grounds they choose. And on topic if you went around saying it freely of course you will get suspended.
    Not necessarily, since they have to comply with federal nondiscrimination laws. But that doesn't change the fact that the OP violated the code of conduct they agreed to in order to have access to begin with, and are now throwing a temper tantrum because they got the ban they had coming.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Not necessarily, since they have to comply with federal nondiscrimination laws. But that doesn't change the fact that the OP violated the code of conduct they agreed to in order to have access to begin with, and are now throwing a temper tantrum because they got the ban they had coming.
    They do yes but there is a clause in their terms that they may terminate your account if it warrants so. The point I made is you are a paying customer for their service that they can still terminate if they want but of course it is usually within reason and not something stupid like "LOL gonna banhammer this player".

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    Are you a sovereign citizen/freeman? Just curious
    No, I am not.

Empathy change from person to person. We don't have the exact same empathy you blithering idiot. Also, it falls under the naturalistic fallacy. I never said atheists can't be moral, I said atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, which it is.
    Calling me "you blithering idiot" is your best argument?

Empathy changes from person to person, sure. So does one's understanding of a religion or deity. If your definition of compatibility with moral universalism requires universal consensus on the meaning of the moral message, then there is no such thing as moral universalism at all. Since you're okay with individuals interpreting the "divine" word differently, I assumed you were also okay with individuals interpreting feelings differently. Also, again, empathy is one naturalistic view. There are tons of other man made philosophies that have no divine entity, yet believe in a moral universe. You need to dismiss all of those as well to claim atheism, which is compatible with all of them, is incompatible with their beliefs. Which is, de facto - as they are beliefs, impossible to do. Hence your argument is false.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Saying the word "rape" is not sexually explicit language (which was the reason for my suspension). I did not violate the code of conduct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agreed to a contract, which I have not broken, yet they suspended me anyhow. That's where my legal rights kick in. They are not allowed to do that. Read the thread before you make stupid comments.
    If you feel that strongly about it then I suggest you sue Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Read the contract then... It clearly states what may get you suspended from the game, and sexual remarks do that. I don't care about your philosophy - comparing raping a woman to drinking a glass of water is a very sexual remark. Besides, the contract also states that blizzard can suspend you for any reason they see fit whatsoever. You don't own your account, you lease it.

Stop with your freeman bs.

I didn't violate the contract you spastic. That's what the entire thread is about. Just saying "rape" in a sentence does not constitute "extreme sexually explicit language". Explaining what rape is, that might be. Just saying the word? No. It was an unjustified suspension.
    The contract says they have the right to ban you based on their interpretation of the rules, not yours.

And again with the name calling? Seriously, dude. Grow up.

Deleted
    So dictionaries are unsuitable for people -12 as well? They too contain the word "rape" and plenty of other "bad words". No, just no. Also, avoiding details about my suspension? I stated the exact reason a few posts back.
    So how long was the ban? If it's a perm ban, you've done faaaaar more than say rape. If it's just a 2-3 days, why are you even here complaining? Watch your language in open channels.

Calling me "you blithering idiot" is your best argument?

Empathy changes from person to person, sure. So does one's understanding of a religion or deity. If your definition of compatibility with moral universalism requires universal consensus on the meaning of the moral message, then there is no such thing as moral universalism at all. Since you're okay with individuals interpreting the "divine" word differently, I assumed you were also okay with individuals interpreting feelings differently. Also, again, empathy is one naturalistic view. There are tons of other man made philosophies that have no divine entity, yet believe in a moral universe. You need to dismiss all of those as well to claim atheism, which is compatible with all of them, is incompatible with their beliefs. Which is, de facto - as they are beliefs, impossible to do. Hence your argument is false.
    You don't get it. Theist morals have the possibility of being correct. They have a basis (God, the absolute moral authority). Atheism doesn't have one. Their morals can never be universal. Never. That's the difference between theism and atheism when it comes to moral universalism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I actually agree with that racial slurs in any context should absolutely NOT be tolerated. However even if you call someone "idiot" u risk getting a ban. And lets face it there are like 1000 circumstances per gaming day where someone deserved to be called something mild or worse. Actually worse many times.

However general swearing has nothing to do with racial slurs which is an entirely different offensive behavior entirely unrelated to game.
    No words have racism inherintly embedded into them. People give the words their meaning. As an example, the hutsies incited racial hate against the tutsies by using euphemisms like "do your work", "clear the bush" and "do not let the weed escape the blade", which meant "kill the tutsies".

So if you'd want to ban every racists slur there exist in the english language, then you'd have to ban the entire language.

I also disagree with your idea that sluring is offensive behavior. Offense is *always* taken and *never* given.

Please lawyer up and go after Blizz. Keep this thread updated too. I want to see where that goes. Whenever I see the "BUT MUH RIGHTS" card being pulled against ToS that was willingly agreed to, I get a smile on my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I got suspended for using the word "abortion".
    You can get one for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

The contract says they have the right to ban you based on their interpretation of the rules, not yours.
    Please quote that line. Must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Watch your language in open channels.

Rape is a swear word now? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So how long was the ban? If it's a perm ban, you've done faaaaar more than say rape. If it's just a 2-3 days, why are you even here complaining? Watch your language in open channels.
    24 hours. That's beside the point however. They have absolutely no right suspending my account when I didn't violate the terms of use. You may be fine with injustice, but I'm not.