Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

They seriously need to make flightpaths automatically learned by level

I was questing in Ashenvale while doing randoms, and before I even finished half of the quests there, I was at a level where I had to go to Feralas. Without any flightpaths, I had to go through Ashenvale, then Stonetalon Mountains, then Desolace before I finally get to Feralas. And at that point, I've almost outlevelled it already because of the randoms I did while travelling there.

Questing at low levels is becoming impossible. You spend most of the time travelling to new zones because you outlevel the zone you're in so quickly and travelling takes forever without a flying mount or flightpaths.

Deleted
    They actually removed that, I believe in early WoD, because it supposedly hurt the immersion.

Personally I'd love it if they brought it back but slightly different from how it was. It used to be that you got all the fp's for zones that were current for you but I think it would be better if you got them for all the zones you outlevelled. That way part of the supposed immersion stays as you need to discover the new fp's for your level but travel becomes easier as most zones are connected to ones close to them in level range.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, even on swtor the travel points are taught to you automaticly now since the newest expansion when you just explore the town/city/area that the point Is In, you go to the map and travel all you like... It's automatic.

And why WoW won't still do It? No idea. Despite Swtor being the worst F2P game In history, It makes nice quality of life Improvements that WoW still hasn't.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Without any flightpaths, I had to go through Ashenvale, then Stonetalon Mountains, then Desolace before I finally get to Feralas.
    Oh the travesty.

Instead of automatic flightpaths they should nerf the XP so you dont outlvl zones imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, please don't.

Flightpath forces you to go out and discover areas. If it's the 10th time you're running that, I don't see why we should sacrifice the immersive experience - new players or players discovering an area for the first time - for someone who probably don't care about leveling anyway.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Idea behind removing the systems was to get you exploring the zones again like an open world should do. Although I wouldn't mind it if let's say 1 flight path for the zone unlocked when you hit the zone's level requirement such as Menethil for Wetlands. That way you still gotta go exploring a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was questing in Ashenvale while doing randoms, and before I even finished half of the quests there, I was at a level where I had to go to Feralas. Without any flightpaths, I had to go through Ashenvale, then Stonetalon Mountains, then Desolace before I finally get to Feralas. And at that point, I've almost outlevelled it already because of the randoms I did while travelling there.

Questing at low levels is becoming impossible. You spend most of the time travelling to new zones because you outlevel the zone you're in so quickly and travelling takes forever without a flying mount or flightpaths.
    why do you only moan about the game, thread after thread?

LOL "becoming impossible".

No, they shouldn't make flight paths automatically learned. Having to unlock a place first before being able to take a shortcut to it makes sense.
    What's off is obviously the fact that zones are outleveled way too fast.

They acknowledged that. Let's see what happens.

Was that way in Cata, dunno why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Flightpath forces you to go out and discover areas. If it's the 10th time you're running that, I don't see why we should sacrifice the immersive experience - new players or players discovering an area for the first time - for someone who probably don't care about leveling anyway.
    What new players? The game has continued to shrink for the past 6 years. All you have left is the die hard fans and the off and on players. The Warcraft movie might give some minor bump to new players, but I'm betting that it will be short lived and the game will continue to shrink.

For those who want their immersive game...don't use flight points?

Personally I think once you hit max level all the flight points for at least all the previous expansions should unlock. We can pretend to explore the current content.

If anything, they need to remove a lot of "stupid" flight paths... a zone does not need 100000203482934233232 flight paths.. Make few ones, at most 1 per zone and be done with it. Also of course, you must first explore the fp before you are able to fly to it.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    why do you only moan about the game, thread after thread?
    Why do I keep getting people like you in my threads who moan about my moaning? For the love of Christ, fuck off. For the 100th time, if you don't like it, don't fucking read it. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Idea behind removing the systems was to get you exploring the zones again like an open world should do. Although I wouldn't mind it if let's say 1 flight path for the zone unlocked when you hit the zone's level requirement such as Menethil for Wetlands. That way you still gotta go exploring a bit.
    This sounds like a pretty good alternative. Like, once you pick up the Adventurer's Call or whatever it's called from the sign poster, you also get access to the flight point to set that quest in order.

As much as I dislike making things even easier than it is now, it's really quite stupid to have to walk/ride for 30 minutes to get to a zone you'll outlevel after 5 minutes of questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I want them automatically learned by expansion. So, when you're done with Vanilla/Classic and entering The Burning Crusade, it'll unlock all the flight paths that wasn't unlocked from the Vanilla/Classic content. But this should only work once you're in a new content/max level. So, like this:

Lvl 60: All Classic Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 70: All The Burning Crusade Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 80: All Wrath of the Lich King Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 85: All Cataclysm Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 90: All Mists of Pandaria Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 100: All Warlords of Draenor Flight Paths Unlocked.
    Lvl 110: All Legion Flight Paths Unlocked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if they were account wide so you had to go and get them once at least. I think it can be nice for new players having to explore, I know it was for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree.

Questing+dungeons was my favourite way of leveling. Since they removed automatic FPs I stopped doing quests the moment dungeons are available because doing both together isn't working anymore as you find yourself riding around Azeroth more than actually questing.

Sure, for a first char it could stay the way it is. But when you are leveling alts you couldn't care less about riding around zones you've travelled thru millions of times.

So basicly: automatic FPs for each next character after you have reached max level with at least 1 char.

Alternativly: make FPs account wide.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I keep getting people like you in my threads who moan about my moaning? For the love of Christ, fuck off. For the 100th time, if you don't like it, don't fucking read it. Goodbye.

Funny you say this, yet continue to play and complain about wow.

The Irony is killing me.

Impossible lol ...

You just need to change zone faster or remove your heirloom stuff.

Casuals are so lazy... Why does Blizzard cater to them?

I'd have it work so that 1 flight path in a zone is unlocked whenever you accept a quest from the Hero Board. It gets you started by taking you to the zone, but then you are left to explore the rest on your own.