Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    it's not about deadlines being short, it's about the hardware being really bad for its time.
    I say its both and I use Doom and Overwatch as examples of what the systems can do even more so with Doom.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

it's not about deadlines being short, it's about the hardware being really bad for its time.
    How many games have been terrible due to being rushed to meet a certain date that is set by the parrent company? Battlefront is a huge example. Sorry but there are games that dont have a problem with the hardware and those that do, and more than not the ones that do are the ones getting rushed and have no say in thier release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Doom and Overwatch highly disagree.
    Doom and Overwatch have laughable graphics compared to games like Quantum Break and Uncharted 4.

Yes you can do 60 fps, and yes it does effect the graphical fidelity you can push in the game. Every 60 fps game on xbox one or ps4 has sacrifices made that 30 fps games don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doom and Overwatch have laughable graphics compared to games like Quantum Break and Uncharted 4.

Yes you can do 60 fps, and yes it does effect the graphical fidelity you can push in the game. Every 60 fps game on xbox one or ps4 has sacrifices made that 30 fps games don't.
    Overwatch I'll give you, but Doom looks pretty fantastic, especially compared to Quantum Break. Uncharted 4 is a bloody masterpiece though, so that's hardly a fair comparison : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Overwatch I'll give you, but Doom looks pretty fantastic, especially compared to Quantum Break. Uncharted 4 is a bloody masterpiece though, so that's hardly a fair comparison : P
    Can't take you serious right now. Doom isn't even close to Quantum Break. Doom looks like a blurry mess on consoles due to the dynamic resolution scaling(much worse on Xbox One then PS4 mind you) Comparing the Xbox One version of Doom to Quantum Break in graphical fidelity is a damn joke Edge...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Prices would have come down since they first started making them. That said, if you want widespread success where your bottom line depends on the game sales and not device sales then you want to get that device into as many hands as possible. Think Andoird. Google loses money on the OS, it basically costs them money to build it but they make money back on other stuff.
    lol at the "We're barely making any profit on it at launch!" tears. The 360 and the PS3 cost these guys HUNDREDS of bucks with each system! Even breaking even at all is far easier than last gens business model. To be making any profit, even $18 a system profit before factoring in a single game is just mind blowing. Game/peripheral sales are just pure gravy at that point. With that said only an idiot thinks hardware costs the same to mass produce in 2016 what it went for in 2013. They're way cheaper for Microsoft to make by now.

Can't take you serious right now. Doom isn't even close to Quantum Break. Doom looks like a blurry mess on consoles due to the dynamic resolution scaling(much worse on Xbox One then PS4 mind you) Comparing the Xbox One version of Doom to Quantum Break in graphical fidelity is a damn joke Edge...
    Umm You do know that Doom's graphics are equal to near high compared to PC right?

Games can achieve 1080p/60fps on consoles and still look good. Also the Dynamic resolution has shit to do with with any "Blurry Mess" you think you see. Its clear you don't have a clue what your talking about when it comes to Doom on console. Only thing you had right is the XB1 has abit more issues running it then ps4 but both are near 100% there mark.

Overwatch

Overwatch has abit better shadows,textures and reflections but all 3 is a given since it is PC vs Console. The console versions are still near flawess and look great.

Can games on the current systems do 1080p/60fps and look like ultra compared to PC??? Nope but they can still look good and run good. Lack in performance is not the fault of the systems (Despite how old they are) its poor development.

Hell dam near all devs didn't even think this gen of console was going to happen. So if some games are getting rushed I wouldn't be surprised.

Could the systems be better??? Yep but for how old they are they are doing a great job.

Hell Digital foundry's budget system had a hard time achieving what the consoles are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ya Uncharted 4 both SP and MP look amazing. The SP is pulling 1080p/30fps and the MP is pulling 1080p/60fps.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-04 at 04:05 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    It's about micro economics.. Of course they studied what price they should put to get people..

Sorry you guys can't afford $300 dollars for repeat entertainment
    There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not thinking it's worth the price tag anymore. Get back to me when it drops to $199.

Umm You do know that Doom's graphics are equal to near high compared to PC right?
    You made to comment as if to expect me to think Doom at high on PC is anything special.

Let alone the fact that the console versions are never a steady 1080p on top of this and in general a blurry mess.

Comparing Doom as anything hitting 60 fps on consoles to games targeting 30 fps is flat out laughable. Doom and every single game on consoles targeting 60 fps had major sacrifices made to achieve it, and those sacrifices are also apparent in the PC version as "high" or "ultra" settings doesn't magically change the assets the games was made around.

But of course I'm telling this to someone who can't grasp this obvious truth. Overwatch and Doom being listed as examples of good graphics hitting 60 fps... don't make me laugh. They might have been impressive graphically in 2012. Hell it's funny because Doom on PC really looks almost no better then Rage does maxed out, a game that came out in 2011 by the same developer. Yea, great 2011 graphics.

Deleted
    You made to comment as if to expect me to think Doom at high on PC is anything special.

Let alone the fact that the console versions are never a steady 1080p on top of this and in general a blurry mess.

Comparing Doom as anything hitting 60 fps on consoles to games targeting 30 fps is flat out laughable. Doom and every single game on consoles targeting 60 fps had major sacrifices made to achieve it, and those sacrifices are also apparent in the PC version as "high" or "ultra" settings doesn't magically change the assets the games was made around.

But of course I'm telling this to someone who can't grasp this obvious truth. Overwatch and Doom being listed as examples of good graphics hitting 60 fps... don't make me laugh. They might have been impressive graphically in 2012. Hell it's funny because Doom on PC really looks almost no better then Rage does maxed out, a game that came out in 2011 by the same developer. Yea, great 2011 graphics.
    You're a downright piece of shit and nobody likes replying to you. Please crawl back to your cave.

Ummm its like only your opinion that doom doesn't look good. Also the ps4 hits the 1080p 99.9% of the time and the video I linked to you even stated as much. Its only the XB1 that see's dips into Sub 1080p.

Also if you think Rage looks anywhere as good as doom then your blind. We get it tech you don't like this gen of consoles but the fact still remains that there is good looking games running 60fps/1080p on current gen. As old as the hardware is I am highly impressed with what some devs have done. Even more so Uncharted 4 while it may be 1080p/30fps (Single Player Only) its fucken amazing looking.

Metal Gear V being another example and that's impressive since its a open world title.

But of course I'm telling this to someone who can't grasp this obvious truth.
    So your telling it to yourself? Because unlike you I know what I am talking about and the 3 videos above back up my statement.

tempting. there are couple of xbox exclusives that I'm kinda interested in plus there is this whole backwards compatibility with 360 deal. but... still no. not yet anyways. maybe around holidays - usually better bundle deals then

P.S. could someone please explain to me the whole 60fps? I genuinely cannot tell the difference between 60 and 30 when I play
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-06-04 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. could someone please explain to me the whole 60fps? I genuinely cannot tell the difference between 60 and 30 when I play
    There's a noticeable difference, but honestly? If you enjoy the game, it doesn't really matter much, especially if you have a hard time noticing the difference anyway.

It's more of just a power flex type of thing, people like bringing it up to debate "which game runs better though?", since you can't really debate opinions, but how the game looks and runs is fact based, not opinion. Just my two cents though.

Ummm its like only your opinion that doom doesn't look good. Also the ps4 hits the 1080p 99.9% of the time and the video I linked to you even stated as much. Its only the XB1 that see's dips into Sub 1080p.

Also if you think Rage looks anywhere as good as doom then your blind. We get it tech you don't like this gen of consoles but the fact still remains that there is good looking games running 60fps/1080p on current gen. As old as the hardware is I am highly impressed with what some devs have done. Even more so Uncharted 4 while it may be 1080p/30fps (Single Player Only) its fucken amazing looking.

Metal Gear V being another example and that's impressive since its a open world title.

So your telling it to yourself? Because unlike you I know what I am talking about and the 3 videos above back up my statement.
    LMAO Dude brings up MGSV. A last gen game ported to next gen. Obviously it's going to run at 60 when it was designed to run on the 360 and PS3. The game is no where near being graphically impressive. I can't even believe you brought this joke into this. MGSV doesn't even have all the bells and whistles other last gen ports have and in general is a barren waste land. Amazing open world 60 fps. Thanks dude, that comment gave me an amazing laugh I needed.

Also someone saying RAGE looks far inferior to Doom clearly never played RAGE. Boot it up and play it, I mean clearly you must own it since you're trying to claim this right?

There are no games that are graphically impressive running at 60 fps on current gen consoles. That's just the way it is. That's not to say they're ugly, but when you're arguing that you're arguing art style and not technical prowess. Once again not understanding the argument. Games that run at 60 fps on consoles made sacrifices to get there, trying to argue otherwise is kinda laughable tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a noticeable difference, but honestly? If you enjoy the game, it doesn't really matter much, especially if you have a hard time noticing the difference anyway.

It's more of just a power flex type of thing, people like bringing it up to debate "which game runs better though?", since you can't really debate opinions, but how the game looks and runs is fact based, not opinion. Just my two cents though.
    60 fps has a direct benefit to gameplay in a lot of genres. By biggest issue is when someone complains about 30 fps in a game that has no gameplay benefit from 60 fps at all. I left the FFX PC port thread because of this, like seriously who gives a shit about or needs 60 fps in a turn based game? Square was right to not put in the effort to untie game logic from fps(in a game that was made 15 years ago when this was the norm). Waste of time and would have just delayed the release.

60 fps has a direct benefit to gameplay in a lot of genres. By biggest issue is when someone complains about 30 fps in a game that has no gameplay benefit from 60 fps at all. I left the FFX PC port thread because of this, like seriously who gives a shit about or needs 60 fps in a turn based game? Square was right to not put in the effort to untie game logic from fps(in a game that was made 15 years ago when this was the norm). Waste of time and would have just delayed the release.
    I understand there is genres that benefit from it heavily (Like shooters come to mind as the first one), but it's not like they literally become unplayable if they're at 30FPS, just look at Battlebo-oh, wait...*

*That was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I understand there is genres that benefit from it heavily (Like shooters come to mind as the first one), but it's not like they literally become unplayable if they're at 30FPS, just look at Battlebo-oh, wait...*

*That was a joke
    Shooters benefit from 60 fps but not the genre I was thinking of directly.

RTS/Mobas and Fighting Games are downright required to be 60 fps or higher or the input delay will make the game unplayable at any competitive level.

Like if your PC can't run SFV or Killer Instinct at 60 fps don't even bother trying to play them, you will be worthless.

Shooters/platformers/hack and slash/racers all benefit from 60 fps but certainly not required like the above.

Also someone saying RAGE looks far inferior to Doom clearly never played RAGE. Boot it up and play it, I mean clearly you must own it since you're trying to claim this right? .
    Yep I do own it want a screen shot of my steam library?

Once again clearly you didn't watch the videos because they even compared it to Rage. Also ya MGSV was totally a last gen title ported, Isn't like it was near unplayable on last gen systems.

As I said before tech like normal you don't have a clue about what your talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

RTS/Mobas and Fighting Games are downright required to be 60 fps or higher or the input delay will make the game unplayable at any competitive level.
    In your opinion they are required.

For example: Smite Beta on ps4 was 30fps and played just fine now its live release with the choice of 30 or 60fps. Will someone at 60fps have a advantage over someone at 30fps....Yep.

Is it unplayable???? Nope.