Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possiblity of "New" Old Gods

From reading Chronicles Vol. 1, we know there were four original Old Gods sent to Azeroth. However, my question is: Can the Void Lords send more or "New" Old Gods to Azeroth? I am not sure if the Void Lords are aware of Azeroth, as they sent Old Gods to as many planets as they could, but now that three of their creatures have been destroyed.. and maybe N'zoth can communicate with them.. do you think we could see New Old Gods sent our way?

there is always a possibility more could be sent.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't it also been somewhat comfirmed that Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms (and everything in between), aren't the only landmasses on the planet? That old Kalimdor was the largest landmass?
    I wonder what we'll find on the other landmasses. Plus, other planets house Old Gods. So there are a shite-ton of 'em across the universe.

Not necessarily on Azeroth, but.... "They span the universe, as countless as the stars!"

10+ Year Old Account
    We could encounter more or other worlds or the Void Lords could spawn brand new ones. The Chronicle suggests that the Void Lords can't tell what worlds have nascent Titans within them and sent out Old Gods blindly to try and find worlds by sheer chance, but it's possible that they are now aware that Azeroth has a worldsoul and might target it more directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    We could encounter more or other worlds or the Void Lords could spawn brand new ones. The Chronicle suggests that the Void Lords can't tell what worlds have nascent Titans within them and sent out Old Gods blindly to try and find worlds by sheer chance, but it's possible that they are now aware that Azeroth has a worldsoul and might target it more directly.
    Ya, that's what I was thinking. Now that 3/4 Old Gods have been killed, and the Burning Legion is descending it's full force on Azeroth.. you would think the Void Lords would take notice, right?

I have a question.

So we have 4 old gods.

Yoggy - god of death.
    C'thun - Madness and chaos.
    Y'ssrashj -
    N'zoth -

So lets assume the other 2 are gods of something evil as the othe Yoggy and C'thun.
    What will the old gods on other planets have?

Will there be
    Yoroguustorone - another god of death? in Planet X Y Z ?

Who gives them these tittles ?

For what reason? Even ..

I am really excited for a void expansion in general. Which is in our very close future. Id say after legion we might have a "filler arc" expansion to lead up into an old gods one. There is so much lore to it that blizz can work on as well as create. We know a decent amount about eh old gods and the void lords. However, we know more about the burning legion.
    Plenty of content still available for blizz to work off of that will be super interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Hasn't it also been somewhat comfirmed that Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms (and everything in between), aren't the only landmasses on the planet? That old Kalimdor was the largest landmass?
    I wonder what we'll find on the other landmasses. Plus, other planets house Old Gods. So there are a shite-ton of 'em across the universe.
    While there are likely other landmasses, the chances of other old gods on there are slim at best.

Firstly if there were more than the original 4 before Titans arrived then it would have been known about and mentioned in the part about the wars between Titans and Old Gods.

If they arrived after this point in time someone would have noticed when something mountain sized slammed into the planet. It's arrival would have caused major catastrophes over the world due to the sheer force of it free falling into Azeroth. If in water then it would have been massive tidal waves. On land debris falling for the sky slamming into everything.

Not only that but said old god would not be imprisoned and free to use its influence to spread corruption not only into the world soul but also towards other species on Azeroth.

Simply put, logically N'zoth is the only alive old god on Azeroth. Elsewhere in the universe there could be countless millions though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Look at it this way. Think of Old Gods as constructs of the Void Lords. If you defeat the constructs what is the point of creating and spending resources making more if we shown we can defeat them. I would think they would want to do the job themselves. If say their purpose is to destroy the world soul azeroth by sending old gods to do it and they failed. I think the next step is to send in a lesser void lord to do the job. and if he fails send in a greater void lord. I think you would ramp up the power not keep sending "weaker". Also when C'Thun says/feels he is "free" i guess that freedom is being no longer controlled by the Void Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Simply put, logically N'zoth is the only alive old god on Azeroth.
    Yog-sarron and C'thun ARE ALIVE, we have only push them back, but we don't have the power to kill them properly, they are still dangerous; but i think N'zoth will play a major part in Legion: he was in the Eastern Kindgoms AND the Northend in Cataclysm, or, the old gods have very limited influence: C'thun is confined to Silithus, and Yog-saron in the north of the Northend. I think N'zoth is free or almost, that's why he could spread is influence over two continents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Yog-sarron and C'thun ARE ALIVE,
    no
    they are dead
    i cant believe i gotta ask that again... but how many fucking times do we have to go through this?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no
    they are dead
    i cant believe i gotta ask that again... but how many fucking times do we have to go through this?
    AH AH AH AH, maybe someone didn't read Chronicles, who clearly states killing the old gods could kill Azeroth, and if it's stated, it's because it would kill Azeroth.
    But not matter, when you will see the Legion intro, when you will see Yog-sarron talking to you in Ulduar, you'll see they ARE ALIVE, they are only jailed, dude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    AH AH AH AH, maybe someone didn't read Chronicles, who clearly states killing the old gods could kill Azeroth, and if it's stated, it's because it would kill Azeroth.
    But not matter, when you will see the Legion intro, when you will see Yog-sarron talking to you in Ulduar, you'll see they ARE ALIVE, they are only jailed, dude.
    killing c'thun and yogi caused the cataclysm...
    and with "killing" they pretty much meant "ripping the entire thing out of the planet", because you know, aman'thul ripped y'shaarj out and caused the wound we call the well of eternity, or now the mealstrom. you can kill them and cause a small catastrophe, or remove them and dmg azeroth.
    also, the minions you see in the ulduar campaign are echoes
    and the talking and whispering means shit, because the exact same thing can the skull of gul'dan do, and he's dead.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-26 at 10:08 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We will endlessly. Because at one point KT was dead....and then things were merely a setback. Kinda like for Onyxia and Nefarian.....They are as dead as a Legacy server discussion. Not at all.
    Kinda the problem if Old God minions kept repeating stuff like Old Gods are immortal.

I mean, they are dead, but their minion seemed pretty tenacious on repeating that they are immortal, after some time, people will buy it.

My blame here is on Blizzard, considering that they made the deaths of Old Gods rather mundane after the repetition of the "They are outside the circle" line over and over.

Feels like a bit like they pulled an Obi-wan "It depends on your POV" on that one "They are outside of the circle...in a way! Their power lives on! Look at Y'shaarj!"

Basically anyone who hasn't read the Chronicle or follows the lore forums closely is kinda oblivious of the big facts that most of the Old Gods are pretty much dead, all they have is "They are outside the circle..."
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-07-26 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I have a question.

So we have 4 old gods.

Yoggy - god of death.
    C'thun - Madness and chaos.
    Y'ssrashj -
    N'zoth -

So lets assume the other 2 are gods of something evil as the othe Yoggy and C'thun.
    What will the old gods on other planets have?

Will there be
    Yoroguustorone - another god of death? in Planet X Y Z ?

Who gives them these tittles ?

For what reason? Even ..
    Ooo, I always liked to speculate.

Yogg-Saron - God of Death
    C'Thun - God of Time (I know he's often called the God of Chaos, but they're all chaotic and madness-inducing, so that title is dumb for one specific Old God)
    Y'Shaarj - God of Hunger
    N'Zoth - God of Dreams (at least, that's how I thought of him when I thought he created the Nightmare. Dunno about him now - maybe Deceit? He's called 'the Corruptor' in Hearthstone...)

Other Old Gods on other worlds might be Gods of other things. Dunno who gives them titles, maybe the Void Lords shape them to have power over specific things?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We will endlessly. Because at one point KT was dead....and then things were merely a setback. Kinda like for Onyxia and Nefarian.....They are as dead as a Legacy server discussion. Not at all.
    Never did Naxx40 but I've been told you get Kel'thuzad's phylactery and gave it to who we know as Thel'zan the Duskbringer (or maybe I'm wrong, either way we gave it to the wrong person) and that's why Kel'thuzad was in Wrath. But we never got his phylactery again after Naxx10/25.

Even though Hearthstone is for sure "not lore", I'd like to believe the names of the Old Gods are how they should be.
    C'thun (no title I can remember at the moment)
    Yogg-Saron, Hope's End (or God of Death, I think Hope's End fits well)
    Y'shaarj, Rage Unbound (kinda fits the emotions thing)
    N'zoth the Corruptor (fits him well)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no
    they are dead
    Sorry mate. But they are still 100% alive. It took aman'thul himself. The highfather of the Titans to physically reach down and rip yasha'raj out of Azeroth and the bits that fell caused the Sha to grow.

When we fought C'Thun and Yogg we were simply fighting a pimple of the old gods. This is seen by the cataclysm pre-patch where Chogall was talking to C'Thun and his body was changed by C'Thun with the addition of the eyes and more power.

*Edit*
    Further to this. Even yasha'raj isn't completely dead. In Seige his heart still whispers things. But the power it held was completely absorbed by Garrosh and it is now presumed dead but who knows. Drop it in some more Titan blood water (well of eternity/ vale water) and see what happens again.

We beat them into submission but their size is massive. They are certainly not dead. But they are not really active. You'll see in the prepatch for legion. When you visit Ulduar again. There is a few friends you get to dance with.
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2016-07-26 at 11:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Sorry mate. But they are still 100% alive. It took aman'thul himself. The highfather of the Titans to physically reach down and rip yasha'raj out of Azeroth and the bits that fell caused the Sha to grow.
    the only reason why aman'thul had to reach in was because y'shaarj, the most powerful of the four meat mountains, shat on the titan minions and armies.

When we fought C'Thun and Yogg we were simply fighting a pimple of the old gods. This is seen by the cataclysm pre-patch where Chogall was talking to C'Thun and his body was changed by C'Thun with the addition of the eyes and more power.
    this means dogshit, their corpses are still full with dark energies that can be used to empower someone, and we did kill them, blizz themselves said so.

*Edit*
    Further to this. Even yasha'raj isn't completely dead. In Seige his heart still whispers things. But the power it held was completely absorbed by Garrosh and it is now presumed dead but who knows. Drop it in some more Titan blood water (well of eternity/ vale water) and see what happens again.
    again, whispers mean jack shit, because if whispering means they are alive then our gul'dan is also alive, because his skull can communicate and manipulate.

We beat them into submission but their size is massive. They are certainly not dead. But they are not really active. You'll see in the prepatch for legion. When you visit Ulduar again. There is a few friends you get to dance with.
    and for gods fucking sake THE MINIONS THERE ARE ECHOES!
    ECHOES

Formerly known as Arafal