Thread: Mcree nerf

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mcree nerf

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but I've just seen it on the front page of Overpwn and couldnt see a thread on it.

From the official forums http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...page=5#post-83

McCree
    I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays.

D.Va
    D.Va's damage is definitely on the lower side, much like Winstons. They are this way for a similar reason: They are both very mobile and hard to kill. Every character in the game has strengths and weaknesses, its part of what makes the teamplay work well.

That said, I do think the is some room for some D.Va improvements, but these are unlikely to take the shape of increasing her damage output significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    For D.Va I'd take having to reload for an increase in dps in between times. Also she needs an ED209 skin. I don't play close combat characters, so I don't see what the fuss is about McCree :s

D.Va is one of my favorite characters to play. I wouldn't complain about a DPS boost, but perhaps it's not so much her that's out of whack, as much as it is shit like Widowmakers who can fight back if they're snaky, because the SMG is kinda stupid high DPS.

Outside of the suit, D.Va is often underestimated, but she has a really good pistol to be honest.

Deleted
    I don't really see the need for a McCree nerf to be honest but I don't really mind/care if there will be one.
    I play McCree my self and play against him enough with other hero's that you figure out a way to stay outside his close range.
    He is a is a close range hero and aiming with him in long range is quite difficult if you are not a pro player!

I would personally rather see a Mei nerf on her almost instant goddamn freezes .. but hey can't have it all :P.

Nerf his flashbang he loses his close range superiority.
    He's already a hero very much dependant on CDs. Ever gone up against a McCree with roll and flashbang on CD? He's a piece of cake to kill.

Deleted
    Yeah you all gonna hate me about this but... McCree is not OP (well ok ill take it, its a bit OP), people made him OP. Ok he stuns you and he kills you using his right click, but heroes like Reaper do the same spamming his left click in close range, and I still dont see people QQing about it. But well game's community is always the same: "Oh god this Champion/hero/whatever 2 shot me, he/she/it should be nerfed!". You will never see someone saying : "Well that was maybe my bad, I didnt play well that last fight"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree his isint op I think the main concern is that flashbang right click roll right click kills any tank in the game and they want to reduce his ability to kill tanks so easily. Reaper is a tank killer and close quarter hero thats kind of his job but currently Mcree can do everything a little bit too well. Him being a counter to Genji and Tracer is fine and his flashbang and fan the hammer is fine, but he can kill full hp tanks a little too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I know this is the answer to everything, but in this situation why is the tank alone? Double up on McCree he might kill your <insert whatever>, but afterward he's a very easy kill himself. He's slow, has no escape, and a pretty large hitbox for an offense.
    Most of my deaths on McCree are in the time periods without CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I know this is the answer to everything, but in this situation why is the tank alone? Double up on McCree he might kill your <insert whatever>, but afterward he's a very easy kill himself. He's slow, has no escape, and a pretty large hitbox for an offense.
    Most of my deaths on McCree are in the time periods without CDs.
    That's ridiculous. Everyone should be walking around in pairs so that, if they find a McCree, one will die and the other kills McCree? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Nobody should be able to 1v1 literally every other character in the game with impunity.

Deleted
    McCree kills whoever he encounters, even tanks, and he can flashbang over Reinhardt's shield and land a stun, his shots don't lose any damage with range, allowing him to snipe people, also, I think baiting the flashbang should be rewarded, at the moment, McCree doesn't even need it to one shot people
    I'd say he deserves a nerf in these areas

Nerf his flashbang he loses his close range superiority.
    He's already a hero very much dependant on CDs. Ever gone up against a McCree with roll and flashbang on CD? He's a piece of cake to kill.
    Yes, several time
    Most of the times I still die in a split second from Fan the Hammer
    So now I just avoid running into McCree as much as I can
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-01 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    ..his shots don't lose any damage with range, allowing him to snipe people,..
    His damage does drop with distance.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/McCree#Ability_Breakdown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Didn't know. I thought he dealt the same ammount of damages no matter the distance, but that's probably because I play Tracer and instantly die from headshots no matter how far I am

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    Yeah you all gonna hate me about this but... McCree is not OP (well ok ill take it, its a bit OP), people made him OP. Ok he stuns you and he kills you using his right click, but heroes like Reaper do the same spamming his left click in close range, and I still dont see people QQing about it. But well game's community is always the same: "Oh god this Champion/hero/whatever 2 shot me, he/she/it should be nerfed!". You will never see someone saying : "Well that was maybe my bad, I didnt play well that last fight"...
    McCree is overused in the pro scene (Double McCree is extremely common) and even Blizzard agrees that he deserves a nerf
    AFAIK Reaper doesn't have an AoE stun and is only efficient at a very close range.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-01 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I just haven't come across a really good player playing McRee, but he's never been much of a problem for me and I usually play Reaper on my teams, which McRee counters pretty hard. Seems like this is somewhat unnecessary, but hey, I'll take it I suppose -- I don't like playing McRee as much as Reaper and Pharah.

Nice.
    McSkill right click is definitely too strong and D.Va is just bad overall, not even sure how I'd fix her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That's ridiculous. Everyone should be walking around in pairs so that, if they find a McCree, one will die and the other kills McCree? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Nobody should be able to 1v1 literally every other character in the game with impunity.
    I'm curious when you think it's a good idea to be isolated as the tank... You're not playing a solo flanker

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious when you think it's a good idea to be isolated as the tank... You're not playing a solo flanker
    It's never a good idea, but if you've gone in solo then it's about whether your team think it's a good idea to leave you isolated :S

Literally irrelevant. While I don't think the tank should win solo vs McCree, there's absolutely no reason why McCree should get a free kill on every single character in the game. That is fucking stupid, and your attempt to deflect it by ignoring the problem is pitiful.

His ultimate is too clunky, needs some tweaking
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Personally I'm not sure why he needs the reload on his roll, seems like any easy way to reduce his power against tanks if he cant double fan in very quick succession.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Literally irrelevant. While I don't think the tank should win solo vs McCree, there's absolutely no reason why McCree should get a free kill on every single character in the game. That is fucking stupid, and your attempt to deflect it by ignoring the problem is pitiful.
    So you feel that he should be weaker in the only area he's strong. Close range. Got it
    He's strong yes, but being blown out of all proportion... Also yes. I've heard people claim he can win 1v1 against WM at long range FFS.
    The nerf threads are stronk
    He'll get tweaked, but the way people want him nerfed is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-06-01 at 01:01 PM.