Thread: Mcree nerf

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only ways Tracer can win are:

1. McCree has FB on cd.

2. McCree fails the FB.

3. McCree waits too much to use Fan after FB and Tracer recalls.

4. McCree fails to hit a stunned target.

Try a blink into his room then rewind straight away assuming he'll throw the flashbang the second he sees you.Most of them will instinctively... And miss it.

You can also double blink with no pause one in front and the second past him. That'll also duke the flash

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They need to reduce the stun radius of McCree's flashbang [Why's it stunning if it's a FLASH bang btw?]. Lost count of the amount of times people get stunned from like 3 meters away from impact... the ability should require some actual aim rather than just a general direction...
    If they're going to do that add Roadhog's hook to the list. It's the most ridiculous ability in the game to me. I've been hooked from across the map and even on the killcam which shows their perspective, they missed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    It's not even about that though. You would argue that you can just pick McCree to count McCree. Whoever flashes first wins. It's just not a good playstyle when there is no real out. Hence the tweaks incoming.
    Whoever flashes second wins*

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's entirely possible for Tracer to win that, especially against bad McCree's in pubs.

Less so if McCree is good and he has a team supporting him.
    Yeah, the McCree would most likely need to have flashbang and roll on CD to lose that match up, or just be really bad.

McCree counters tracer so hard that the only way for McCree to lose is just play super poorly. McCree can 1 shot tracer if shes below 130 health.

It might be in tracers favor if she has ulty up and initiates from behind then sticks him and dips out with E. But even then, if McCree is decent he can and will hear tracer from a mile away and get the kill even then.

TL: DR - McCree should never lose to tracer. ever.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-06-02 at 04:26 PM.

Tracer can outrange mccree's flash bang though, so all she has to do is bait it then ruin his day.

Not sure what there is his to nerf......his bullet damage??? stun duration? stun distance?

I've been owned and seen a few great player run around owning whole teams.....but I mostly blame the opposing team.

McCree is slow, his weapon only holds 6 rounds before a somewhat lengthy reload, flashbang goes like 3 feet and his only other ability in a quick roll, which doesn't send him very far such as some of the others who can get away (widow, tracer, genji, pharrah.)

Like others have said, just do your best to know where McCree is and keep your distance, and you can take him down pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by chakrila View Post
    If they're going to do that add Roadhog's hook to the list. It's the most ridiculous ability in the game to me. I've been hooked from across the map and even on the killcam which shows their perspective, they missed me.
    That'd be going OT. This thread is talking about McCree. But yeah, they should nerf that hook too.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    Not sure what there is his to nerf......his bullet damage??? stun duration? stun distance?

I've been owned and seen a few great player run around owning whole teams.....but I mostly blame the opposing team.

McCree is slow, his weapon only holds 6 rounds before a somewhat lengthy reload, flashbang goes like 3 feet and his only other ability in a quick roll, which doesn't send him very far such as some of the others who can get away (widow, tracer, genji, pharrah.)

Like others have said, just do your best to know where McCree is and keep your distance, and you can take him down pretty quickly.
    One of the concerns with Mcree is that he doesn't just counter flankers like Tracer and Genji but his combo lets him also instakill, or near, the tank characters as well. The only real counter to him is to not be near him which isn't always feasible. People aren't just bitching that their Genji got blown up but that people like Zarya get instakilled when trying to do their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    One of the concerns with Mcree is that he doesn't just counter flankers like Tracer and Genji but his combo lets him also instakill, or near, the tank characters as well. The only real counter to him is to not be near him which isn't always feasible. People aren't just bitching that their Genji got blown up but that people like Zarya get instakilled when trying to do their job.
    oh I fully agree --- my friend has 20 hours invested solely into McCree, and he's that guy who finds a way around your defenses "reaper style" and than just "rolls + stuns + fans" everyone on the enemy team. I'm just not sure how they'll nerf things. Lowering the damage output would be my only guess, but than stunning an enemy and not getting the kill will leave him super vulnerable. Something will be done to him, but I have no clue as to what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chakrila View Post
    like another guy said, definitely off-topic. BUT, yea I've watched my kill cams and I got plugged from several buildings away, and even been pulled through obstacles to be shotgunned in the face....I have also escaped RoadHogs hooking me plenty, but it definitely feels like the accuracy and length is a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Tracer can outrange mccree's flash bang though, so all she has to do is bait it then ruin his day.

You can make this statement about anything in the game.

You should go into journalism, bogus claims seem to be your speciality.

Its 8-2 in Mcrees favour and online its 9-1 because you can't blink on reaction on 20 Tick to dodge the flashbang.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's entirely possible for Tracer to win that, especially against bad McCree's in pubs.

Less so if McCree is good and he has a team supporting him.
    He is designed to be a tracer counter, as is the trap for Junkrat. One could argue varying degrees of skill all day and get no where with it, obviously skill trumps designed hard counters or not but he was ultimately designed to stop a tracer.

Reaper was designed to take down tanks but skill decided the end result, when it comes to arguments based on which has the most skill it becomes and argument of "If's and Buts and coconuts." Unless you are trapped on an island you probably won't need to eat a coconut.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing how easily McCree can take down a tank (was playing a bit on Dva and Zarya today), I'm not that surprised they'll be changing (nerfing) him. One McCree is annoying...more than one makes a match practically impossible even if you have tanks. I could see teams just stacking more than one of him and winning all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    He is designed to be a tracer counter, as is the trap for Junkrat. One could argue varying degrees of skill all day and get no where with it, obviously skill trumps designed hard counters or not but he was ultimately designed to stop a tracer.

Reaper was designed to take down tanks but skill decided the end result, when it comes to arguments based on which has the most skill it becomes and argument of "If's and Buts and coconuts." Unless you are trapped on an island you probably won't need to eat a coconut.
    Yeah, Mcree still wins at that. That's why he's in for nerfing on that front.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-06-02 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Mccree's pistol has a very small hit box. What gets me is ppl think they should be able to stand on top of him and win. Wrong, His Fan has a terrible accuracy unless your standing on top of someone. Plenty of counters to Mccree. Only a highly skilled Mccree can pull off impressive shit with him. So when a Mccree does happen to kill me, i'm not upset, because he played well. If anything at all I would only nerf his accuracy at long range. A while his handgun is probably accurate up to 100 - 150 yards IRL it takes time and some serious aim to pull it off.

So I would only nerf his long range accuracy and possibly how far he can throw his FB. That's it. His accuracy at range should be about as good as Bastions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yeah, Mcree still wins at that. That's why he's in for nerfing on that front.
    I don't see a good Mccree beating a good Junkrat, Zyra, Hanzo, Widowmaker, or Genji, and I think Winston and Soldier could also give him a run for his money.

I misread your post, nvm.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-06-02 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I don't see a good Mccree beating a good Junkrat, Zyra, Hanzo, Widowmaker, or Genji, and I think Winston and Soldier could also give him a run for his money.
    Compared to Reaper specifically...

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Mccree's pistol has a very small hit box. What gets me is ppl think they should be able to stand on top of him and win. Wrong, His Fan has a terrible accuracy unless your standing on top of someone. Plenty of counters to Mccree. Only a highly skilled Mccree can pull off impressive shit with him. So when a Mccree does happen to kill me, i'm not upset, because he played well. If anything at all I would only nerf his accuracy at long range. A while his handgun is probably accurate up to 100 - 150 yards IRL it takes time and some serious aim to pull it off.

So I would only nerf his long range accuracy and possibly how far he can throw his FB. That's it. His accuracy at range should be about as good as Bastions.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one of those characters that actually counters him is Zarya because she can shield after the stun and absorb the FtH.

Junkrats about even because at range he can take a McCree but up close he stands no chance

Widow and Hanzo would be counters except he can actually compete with his range on left click and kill them if they are not careful.

He was designed to counter heroes like Genji and Tracer with a lot of mobility

He shreds Winston too easily, which is why they're nerfing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Could also ask how flashbang interrupt's Reaper's Death Blossom. I mean, he's just spinning there while shooting shotguns at every direction - what difference does it make if he goes blind for a moment?
    The flashbang startles him causing him to stumble and lose his balance and momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Could also ask how flashbang interrupt's Reaper's Death Blossom. I mean, he's just spinning there while shooting shotguns at every direction - what difference does it make if he goes blind for a moment?
    Flashbangs are excessively loud. The flash blinds people and the bang is quite deafening. 0/10 do not recommend.
    Think of it like this, ever heard a loud sound that made you jump as you didn't expect it? That's what happens essentially.