Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'll say it for the umpteenth time.

Did I miss an episode or something? Since when did we ever start Trusting politicans.

You folks are telling me you trusted Obama and Romeny in 2012?

Or Obama and McCai in 2008?

Or Bush and Kerry in 2004?

Or Bush and Gore in 2000?

You're telling me, that you "circle of trust" is so laughably porous, that you handed it to these people willingly on prior occasions and it's like some new thing that "A Dishonest Person Runs for Public Office".

They are ALL dishonest. They are ALL liars. They're politicians. It comes with being political.

Anyone who trusts any politician ever.... From Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump to Bernie Fucking Sanders to Elizabeth Warren to Ronald Fucking Reagan is a goddamn fool.

I can't be the only one who wonders how we arrived in this weird world where we are supposed to TRUST the people we elect.
    There's different levels of dishonesty though. A little white lie to get into office is one thing. Hillary would sell us out, as well as our secrets, if it would make her richer and her oligarchy more powerful going forward.

I don't trust any politician, but there are black mamba's I'd trust to handle by hand more than I would trust Hillary with anything at all.

And no, i don't support trump. I honestly wonder how the people we have left are the best we can offer. /smh

If you didn't go to college, unless your the rare exception, enjoy the lower middle class.

People like you are exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for this post.
    What are you talking about? Oh, that's right, you are talking about how education in a very specific area somehow makes you universally more capable in all areas of life and all areas of knowledge, and anyone who hasn't had specific training in a specific field is therefore universally automatically wrong about anything compared to someone with a specific training in a specific field. That's quite pretentious and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Please, tell us about how you breezed through college and have multiple degrees in unaffiliated fields due to the easy nature of college.
    When did I say it was easy? All the hardest things in life are just as ultimately pointless as most other things in life. Yes, college is very good at helping you play the game of life, but that's really all it is. People shouldn't fool themselves into thinking that going to college makes them universally more correct.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-01 at 06:21 PM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Of course. A college education is usually necessary to get a high paying job. But that's not what this is about; it's about a college education implying a greater amount of intelligence and not just memorizing facts in order to pass tests to get a piece of paper so that an employer may hire you so that you may start to actually learn your occupation rather than just memorizing facts about it.

It's not about that though. It's about effectively referring to the college educated as the ones who must therefore know 'better' on any particular subject matter, politics in this case, and that those who are not college educated must therefore be unintelligent and anything they do must correlate with counterintelligence.
    If you think college is about passing tests and pieces of paper, you either went to the wrong college, studied the wrong thing, or never went. Or needed to work in something more challenging. Whatever the case, anyone who approaches college like that certainly didnt get their money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Obviously they exist, dumbass, I was saying they are joke degrees. Take a class in reading comprehension.
    Take a class in irony. There's a lot in this one post of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    There's different levels of dishonesty though. A little white lie to get into office is one thing. Hillary would sell us out, as well as our secrets, if it would make her richer and her oligarchy more powerful going forward.

I don't trust any politician, but there are black mamba's I'd trust to handle by hand more than I would trust Hillary with anything at all.

And no, i don't support trump. I honestly wonder how the people we have left are the best we can offer. /smh
    Bullshit. There isn't different levels of dishonestly. Once you compromise your integrity once, it's gone. You never get it back. Ever. It's like virginity. There is no takebacks. Once your honesty cherry is meaningfully popped, you're a dishonest person until the day you die.

And you have no evidence Hillary would "sell us out" and "our secrets". Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Are they trying to sabotage her?
    I am guessing as much since that can be used by Trump to just hammer her very brutally. Nothing says "Don't vote for me!" like having the backing of some of the more reviled middle east regimes like Saudi Arabia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Of course. A college education is usually necessary to get a high paying job. But that's not what this is about; it's about a college education implying a greater amount of intelligence and not just memorizing facts in order to pass tests to get a piece of paper so that an employer may hire you so that you may start to actually learn your occupation rather than just memorizing facts about it.

It's not about that though. It's about effectively referring to the college educated as the ones who must therefore know 'better' on any particular subject matter, politics in this case, and that those who are not college educated must therefore be unintelligent and anything they do must correlate with counterintelligence.
    If you think you can get any degree that involves mathematics with memorizing facts only I...disagree...a lot...a very lot! Of course a degree in say mathematics doesn't say jack about your knowledge about politics, but you were talking about intelligence in your first post, so....

Deleted
    Yes. /10char
    Can you expand a bit? Curious as to what fields you can work in with an art degree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Can you expand a bit? Curious as to what fields you can work in with an art degree.
    I don't possess an art degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Bullshit. There isn't different levels of dishonestly. Once you compromise your integrity once, it's gone. You never get it back. Ever. It's like virginity. There is no takebacks. Once your honesty cherry is meaningfully popped, you're a dishonest person until the day you die.
    Fair point, i was only making the case that Hillary's lies are far worse than anyone else's, and to which she STILL is lying nonstop. Have a nice day man

15+ Year Old Account
    When did I say it was easy? All the hardest things in life are just as ultimately pointless as most other things in life. Yes, college is very good at helping you play the game of life, but that's really all it is. People shouldn't fool themselves into thinking that going to college makes them universally more correct.
    Is this the part where you start talking about how nothing is ever knowable therefore we nothing matters?

Just think about it like this, there have been people with all the "street smarts" you could want going back to the days of ancient Babylon, but only modern, industrialized nations have enjoyed the presence of a substantial population of "book smart" people with deep technical expertise in various fields that helped to build the world we have today. Which of these two do you think are more important?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Fair point, i was only making the case that Hillary's lies are far worse than anyone else's, and to which she STILL is lying nonstop. Have a nice day man
    Trump has multiple ongoing lawsuits related to fraud and effectively stealing money from people. I guess those lies aren't big enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Trump has multiple ongoing lawsuits related to fraud and effectively stealing money from people. I guess those lies aren't big enough for you?
    I never said I support Trump. I think he's repugnant. However, if forced at gunpoint to pick between one of those two lying, untrustworthy turds I probably would pick him. I'd rather write in Bernie's name, Jill Stein, Johnson, or myself before i'd pick either though.

That said, Hillary is far more dangerous than Trump. She is as war hawkish as they come.

Why they exist, not if they exist. Maybe you should of paid more attention in remedial english comp. in your "college" years.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes. /10char
    Touché, I wasn't reading much of what you said. Guilty.

I try not to debate with liberals because logic and critical thinking holds no value so it isn't worth it. This has been abundantly clear. It's not that liberal goals are bad, it's how they go about it, it's all heart and no reason/thought. The passion is good, the 'how' tends to be toxic and regressive.

That said, I'm not a conservative nor Republican, I'm a centrist who values the opinion on both sides, and was more left leaning until recently when I realized the left is filled with a loud youth throwing hissy fits and lack critical thinking power. I still agree with some of their stances though, so I do sympathize to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    If you think you can get any degree that involves mathematics with memorizing facts only I...disagree...a lot...a very lot! Of course a degree in say mathematics doesn't say jack about your knowledge about politics, but you were talking about intelligence in your first post, so....
    Though I am not majoring in mathematics, I did take calculus, and while I know that isn't the highest area of education in mathematics, all I could remember was having to memorize formulas or memorize steps in solving problems. None of my other experience with mathematics below that level really conflicted with that either.

If you think college is about passing tests and pieces of paper, you either went to the wrong college, studied the wrong thing, or never went. Or needed to work in something more challenging. Whatever the case, anyone who approaches college like that certainly didnt get their money's worth.
    What is it about then? Something other than effectively memorizing lots of flash cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Just think about it like this, there have been people with all the "street smarts" you could want going back to the days of ancient Babylon, but only modern, industrialized nations have enjoyed the presence of a substantial population of "book smart" people with deep technical expertise in various fields that helped to build the world we have today. Which of these two do you think are more important?
    The latter of course. But were not talking about specific fields of intelligence necessary to run complex technologies and perform complex tasks. Originally it was merely implied that a college education implied a greater general intelligence and therefore inherent 'correctness', rather than a specific intelligence intended to accomplish very specific goals.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-01 at 06:29 PM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Take a class in irony. There's a lot in this one post of yours.
    Agreed. Haphazard debating on a phone is dangerous. :P

What are you talking about? Oh, that's right, you are talking about how education in a very specific area somehow makes you universally more capable in all areas of life and all areas of knowledge, and anyone who hasn't had specific training in a specific field is therefore universally automatically wrong about anything compared to someone with a specific training in a specific field. That's quite pretentious and ignorant.

It does. Generally speaking it does.

A well educated person has a larger basis of experience and perspectives from which they can draw their opinions from. Much wider and of greater value to society than some provincial blue collar laborer who knows only what simple-english "share this!" things he reads on Facebook.

The fact that Benghazi, for example, is still a thing, is evidence to this point. Anyone who actually let that pile of bullshit coil around their craniums is actually on the level of a lower marsupial in my educated opinion. You actually have to be that fucking dumb to be so dumb, deaf and blind to "what happened".

So no, I think education is directly congruent to the value of your opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Touché, I wasn't reading much of what you said. Guilty.

I try not to debate with liberals because logic and critical thinking holds no value so it isn't worth it. This has been abundantly clear. It's not that liberal goals are bad, it's how they go about it, it's all heart and no reason/thought. The passion is good, the 'how' tends to be toxic and regressive.

That said, I'm not a conservative nor Republican, I'm a centrist who values the opinion on both sides, and was more left leaning until recently when I realized the left is filled with a loud youth throwing hissy fits and lack critical thinking power. I still agree with some of their stances though, so I do sympathize to some degree.
    Your word salad has nothing to do with critical thinking nor the reply I gave you.

A well educated person has a larger basis of experience and perspectives from which they can draw their opinions from.
    No they don't, a well cultured person maybe. Education doesn't equal experience. Sounds like something a 20 something in college would say.