Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    I hope you do realize how stupid you look, especially after I posted that picture. She was detained and harrased for no other reason than wearing ribbons and participating in anti-war protest. Yet you`re ready to label her as criminal - with no justification for doing so.
    I missed the picture showing a girl was detained. Can you, please, point out what exact article contains photo of her being detained?
    Also, it is only her impression and point of view, i.e. "for no reason", "harrassed", etc.

As for other guys on these pictures - they were not detained, they were just kicked out of that meeting by its participants - that is all what these pictures show.
    And the picture with a policeman - he actually hold his hand on a hand of the guy that touches the "protest" guy, thus trying to protect him. So, all in all, what we can see from the pictures , is that citizens that came to that concert tried to get these youngsters away, since they came to this 'patriotic" concert with wrong agenda. Also, no PoV from the other side was presented. My guess would that these children were kicked out for behaving like spoiled brats shouting and insulting people, and not for ribbons.

Li says she hasn't yet received any official notice of the charges against her, but she expects to be accused of defamation and extremism.

According to a statement on the District Attorney's website, investigators are sending Li's case for linguistic analysis to determine the nature of her statements.

What jail for criticizing Putin are u talking about?
    Last edited by Keeponrage; 2016-06-02 at 01:59 PM.

Hmm, could enlightened West also jail people for Facebook posts?

..oh, wait, it certainly did! And hey, the sentence is same two years too!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...aganda-6983267
    A man who posted ISIS propaganda on Facebook and talked of his desire to fight in Syria has been jailed for two years.

Mourad Mosdefaoui, 34, put three posts on Facebook between September 2014 and March 2015 in which he celebrated the group and their terrorist acts.
    Sheriff Frank Crowe jailed him for a total of two years when he returned to court for sentencing on Wednesday.

Lindsey Miller, Procurator Fiscal for Organised Crime and Counter Terrorism, said: "Social media is a critical tool for ISIS, both in their attempts to radicalise and recruit new members, and in the spreading of their propaganda.

"Mosdefaoui repeatedly posted comments in support of ISIS and its leader on a public Facebook page, and was dealt with swiftly by prosecutors as soon as the offences came to light.

Well, it just so happened that Bubeev also reposted social media sourced from terrorist organization banned in Russia - namely Ukrainian "Right Sector".

Looks same to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Oh pro-putin Russians, comparing ISIS to critism of Russia, love you guys <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh pro-putin Russians, comparing ISIS to critism of Russia, love you guys <3
    There is "criticism" and then there are reposts from right-wing organization that is infamous enough to get obligatory "banned in Russia" in any media mentions (as per law). Same as ISIS, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...aganda-6983267
    A man who posted ISIS propaganda on Facebook and talked of his desire to fight in Syria has been jailed for two years.

Mourad Mosdefaoui, 34, put three posts on Facebook between September 2014 and March 2015 in which he celebrated the group and their terrorist acts.
    Sheriff Frank Crowe jailed him for a total of two years when he returned to court for sentencing on Wednesday.

Lindsey Miller, Procurator Fiscal for Organised Crime and Counter Terrorism, said: "Social media is a critical tool for ISIS, both in their attempts to radicalise and recruit new members, and in the spreading of their propaganda.

"Mosdefaoui repeatedly posted comments in support of ISIS and its leader on a public Facebook page, and was dealt with swiftly by prosecutors as soon as the offences came to light.

Well, it just so happened that Bubeev also reposted social media sourced from terrorist organization banned in Russia - namely Ukrainian "Right Sector".

Looks same to me.
    LOL are you seriously comparing a guy that celebrates terrorists who among other things, killed hundreds of russians, with critisicme of the russian govt? While keeponrage atleast is questioning the girl, your path of defending it, is utter hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    LOL are you seriously comparing a guy that celebrates terrorists who among other things, killed hundreds of russians, with critisicme of the russian govt?
    Reposts of "Right Sector" certainly qualify. Who also, as it happened, celebrated killing of Russians and Russian-supporters.

I also don't see where for example in "Squeeze Russia out of yourself" picture happens to be government criticism?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reposts of "Right Sector" certainly qualify. Who also, as it happened, celebrated killing of Russians and Russian-supporters.

I also don't see where for example in "Squeeze Russia out of yourself" picture happens to be government criticism?
    It's a given that russians just can't stop making things up, but please try and refrain from blatant lies. "Right Sector" celebrates, if anything, killing of occupants in Ukraine. Which just happen to be russians and russian-backed terrorists. And frankly, I can't blame them for that. Even though they have a lot of other stupid idea, like homohobia, for example.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah, classic whataboutism; we have been missing it in this thread! Right, just because it happened in the UK, it is okay for it to be happening in Russia - not even mentioning, which other posters pointed out, that the cases are completely different.

Why are you trying so hard to defend your government's negative sides? I've never understood that. Admitting that your government may have dark sides does not harm your overall narrative, you can still sing songs about glorious Russia and glorious Putin: nobody is perfect, after all. Is this some kind of inferiority complex, that you cannot handle even minor criticism of your government/country and always have to strike back?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    LOL are you seriously comparing a guy that celebrates terrorists who among other things, killed hundreds of russians, with critisicme of the russian govt? While keeponrage atleast is questioning the girl, your path of defending it, is utter hopeless.
    He is referring to OP link, while I was "questioning the girl" from other links, occurred in this thread later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Image that got her husband sent to jail, it says "Squeeze Russia out of yourself". Compared to some of the stuff you see about the US on a daily basis, this seems pretty tame.
    I like how you now flagged this forum for russian authorities.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to defend your government's negative sides?
    the negative side of our government in this issue is that they started to care about prosecuting extremism and "hate speeches" in all forms only few years ago.
    It should be done much earlier.

Every right comes with responsibility. A right to express your opinion should always come with responsibility for what you've said. The sooner spoiled brats of all ages (14 or 30 or 60) will understand this simple rule, the better, and first of all for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    It's a given that russians just can't stop making things up, but please try and refrain from blatant lies. "Right Sector" celebrates, if anything, killing of occupants in Ukraine. Which just happen to be russians and russian-backed terrorists. And frankly, I can't blame them for that. Even though they have a lot of other stupid idea, like homohobia, for example.
    And ISIS celebrates killing of infidels and those who bomb them, some of which happen to be Russian. So?

They are issuing threats to Russia and they are armed, violent paramilitary organization -> they get terrorist label. And from that point reposting them become supporting terrorism.

Or do you think reposting ISIS is just "rebelling against government" too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ah, classic whataboutism; we have been missing it in this thread! Right, just because it happened in the UK, it is okay for it to be happening in Russia - not even mentioning, which other posters pointed out, that the cases are completely different.
    From the premise they are exactly the same. "Reposts in social media for terrorist organization". Noone blown anything up, noone went to buy arms and go on killing rampage, they just shown support to general idea.

And they get two years.

Why are you trying so hard to defend your government's negative sides? I've never understood that. Admitting that your government may have dark sides does not harm your overall narrative, you can still sing songs about glorious Russia and glorious Putin: nobody is perfect, after all. Is this some kind of inferiority complex, that you cannot handle even minor criticism of your government/country and always have to strike back?
    Government is doing their job as written in laws in this particular case.

It may look like overkill, and it might be overkill, but chilling effects is exactly the intended consequence for any possible "supporters".

Plenty of criticism you can do without reposting Ukrainian propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    \/

I'd laugh if I didn't see this coming lightyears ahead.
    Yes, and all your kind who think otherwise should be beaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only like white toothpaste. Those colored versions are gross.

France jailed 54 people for speech recently.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-l...-against-isis/

Authorities said 54 people had been arrested for hate speech and defending terrorism since terror attacks killed 20 people in Paris last week, including three gunmen.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-a...ech-hypocrisy/

The crackdown by French authorities, including the arrest of a controversial French comedian for comments he posted on Facebook, has sparked a backlash among some free speech advocates who see "cherry picking" in the application of laws surrounding speech.

The Associated Press reported Wednesday that 54 people had been arrested on such charges as of Wednesday, none of whom had been linked to the violent attacks of last week. Le Monde reported Thursday that nearly 70 legal proceedings had been opened for "apology and threats of terrorist attacks" since the Charlie Hebdo attack, and that five sentences had been handed down,
    Should we condemn France?

Most governments of the world jail people for speech that threatens the ruling class. America has pretty strong free speech provisions however.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2016-06-06 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    France jailed 54 people for speech recently.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-l...-against-isis/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-a...ech-hypocrisy/

Should we condemn France?

Most governments of the world jail people for speech that threatens the ruling class. America has pretty strong free speech provisions however.
    There is a difference between jailing people for hate speech and defending banned terrorist organizations, and jailing people for mocking the ruling regime. Do you think France would jail, say, a blogger making a caricature of Hollande?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.