Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I'd rather be a hermit.

Deleted
    Damn you lot, why do you think the foreign legion is elite or scary? I served 22 years in the catering corps and did a hell of a lot more damage

Hm, female, mentally ill, developmentally delayed... nope. I don't think, the want me.
    But anyway, I believe, even as a healthy male, that would seem like a rather bad choice. Essentially everything is better than that. And everyone can make himself usefull. If your life is bad, you usually can still help, to prevent others of getting that life. Or serve your community. Everything is more useful.

Hell no, I wouldn't even put them on my list of last resorts if everything went to shit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I wouldn't want to associate with something that have the word "French" in it in the first place anyways.
    Please tell us why.

Coul do it without my life being fucked, good training and you get to see the world. Think I would need to train a year before if I would lile to pass the training though. All that running in desert would kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Please tell us why.
    Are you french by any chance?

Deleted
    My dad served in the legion, ive grown up with stories and pictures, both good and horrible.

I have considered joining but he always tell me to get real, that its no joke.

I can tell he is well trained when we go hiking/tenting etc.

Deleted
    Are you french by any chance?
    Hint under my name. Just under the joining date, right above the post count and right next to "location". So what ? Feel free to spit your hate, I'm ready.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-06-02 at 02:04 PM.

I can't think of any problem where the best solution is to join the French Foreign Legion.

No, because I do no approve of the "purpose in life" they offer.

Life can only get better from rock bottom unless you're terminal and dependent. Are they looking for suicide bombers?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Ah sorry, forgot about this They DONT take in women: it's men only.
    I doubt I'd make the cut even if I were male...<.<

I wouldn't want to associate with something that have the word "French" in it in the first place anyways.
    Damn what have the french done to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    How could I join? I am English, not foreign.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I joined the Army mainly because I was not happy with how my life was going. Living in severe poverty and no hope for the future based on what I could see in most of my family. Was one of the best decisions I ever made. Now I live like a king and want for nothing. I believe it all started the day I signed that enlistment paper.

Im planning on heading over in August just after my 31st Birthday.Im a Father of two beautiful girls and I know I will miss them terribly but to get a good job in Ireland you either have to know somebody or have degrees coming out of your ears.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why would I join them instead of the US military?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually thought about it quite a bit before (those late-night hypothetical situations when you can't sleep)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.