Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Should i play world of warcraft?

so obviously everyone knows what world of craft is but here is the thing i have never played it ever but people always talk about it so i wanted to know is it worth it to play for the first time in the new upcoming dlc would love to hear your thoughts on what i should do

try free version, up to level 20 first
    if you somewhat like it by hitting 20, buy it (it's probably really cheap now, without Legion expansion), you will also get 1 free month of gametime and free character boost to 90, which will probably be very confusing for a new player... just stick to DPS spec

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes
    /10char

Deleted
    Probably not... Look forward to legion.

It was worth it 10 years ago. Stay away till they release a new version of it. There are plenty of other mmo's out there that are superior. WoW is outdated and designed for casuals, might as well play overwatch over this crap.

I'd say yes. As a new player you will always find something to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    try free version, up to level 20 first
    if you somewhat like it by hitting 20, buy it (it's probably really cheap now, without Legion expansion), you will also get 1 free month of gametime and free character boost to 90, which will probably be very confusing for a new player... just stick to DPS spec
    You don't get the 90 boost anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    It was worth it 10 years ago. Stay away till they release a new version of it. There are plenty of other mmo's out there that are superior. WoW is outdated and designed for casuals, might as well play overwatch over this crap.
    WoW has always been designed for casuals and has always been casual.

This hardcore WoW you seem to think that happen never did.

Ontopic: Check out the f2p part and see what you think, There is a battlechest now you can get that has all expansions in it besides Legion and I think it even comes with 30days time. It only cost like $20 max as well.

Just make sure to ignore the part of the community who acts like the guy I quoted.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-03 at 01:16 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    battlebox is 5€ atm so why not
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Damn man, you really love wow so much that you're on a website dedicated to wow.

Anyway if you're a new player it'll be fun and mainly with the new expansion coming.

Deleted
    Yes. Play it. It's cheap, you'll get one month free. Then the expansion will drop in 2 months so you'll have some experience with the game.

It's definitely worth trying at least once in a gamer's life.

Bought it about 2 weeks ago and I don't regret it so far.

From what I saw on the homepage here, you can buy it for 5$ now.

There's really no reason not to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZypher View Post
    so obviously everyone knows what world of craft is but here is the thing i have never played it ever but people always talk about it so i wanted to know is it worth it to play for the first time in the new upcoming dlc would love to hear your thoughts on what i should do
    It's always a bit of a strange experience, asking that question on forums. Especially here. Threads that ask questions like that mostly attract extremely frustrated people who played the game so much over so many years that they're totally burnt. Their brains are kind of fried, they're jaded, and they hate everything and everybody. They want you to feel like them.

WoW isn't expensive to try out. Why not? It's probably a pretty good time to do so right now. The current base game is very cheap now, you can give it a go and then decide if you're interested in picking up the new expansion that's around the corner.

Amazon currently has a deal running for $5, for the entire game, and includes the first month of gametime. If you have a friend that's interested in playing as well, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Recruit-a-friend bonus, that'll grant both of you 300% increased xp as long as you're leveling together.

If you're interested in playing for story, both factions have some interesting lore; if you're interested in PvP, this might not be the best game to play at the moment (a lot of faction imbalance, and the more competitive levels are filled with botters, which is frustrating); if you're interested in finding the biggest, baddest dragon to slay, raiding at high levels might interest you; if you're interested in exploring the world, the game is big enough that you can always find somewhere new to go, and Draenor has a good number of treasures to find; if you like collecting things, there are pets, mounts, and achievements a-plenty.

I like the game, and I usually find a reason to log in and play; I highly recommend finding someone else to play with, that you know in person (perhaps your significant other, if you have one)... This game has something to appeal to almost anyone.

Deleted
    Wait for it to come out on console!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you're a new player, you'll absolutely find something to do unlike us vets who've been playing for many years. It's definitely worth it.

Right now it sucks, wait for the Legion pre-patch. Then again since there is a sale going on, you can take the chance to buy it cheap and play now.

Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    Amazon currently has a deal running for $5, for the entire game, and includes the first month of gametime. If you have a friend that's interested in playing as well, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Recruit-a-friend bonus, that'll grant both of you 300% increased xp as long as you're leveling together.

If you're interested in playing for story, both factions have some interesting lore; if you're interested in PvP, this might not be the best game to play at the moment (a lot of faction imbalance, and the more competitive levels are filled with botters, which is frustrating); if you're interested in finding the biggest, baddest dragon to slay, raiding at high levels might interest you; if you're interested in exploring the world, the game is big enough that you can always find somewhere new to go, and Draenor has a good number of treasures to find; if you like collecting things, there are pets, mounts, and achievements a-plenty.

I like the game, and I usually find a reason to log in and play; I highly recommend finding someone else to play with, that you know in person (perhaps your significant other, if you have one)... This game has something to appeal to almost anyone.
    US only probably?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes you should
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Right now it sucks, wait for the Legion pre-patch. Then again since there is a sale going on, you can take the chance to buy it cheap and play now.
    Why would that affect a NEW player? A new player will have tons to do in the 2 months leading up to it.