Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance Anduin in legion (MAJOR SPOILERS/SPECULATION!)

So, it seems as though blizzard has major plans for anduin this expansion. This really makes me happy to see this because of how much anduin has grown over the years, and seeing as though xera said that illidan was the one to end the age of demons, it all really scared me of anduin. But, I am proud to see that blizzard wants anduins story to go forward. As of now, we've only seen him beomce king of Stormwind, however, there will be 4 short stories in legion, one consisting on anduin dealing with his dad, which will most likely end in massive decisions for him. And lastly, blizzard said that anduin will have one of the most COMPELLING stories in WoW. Talk about an expansion about finding illidan and defeating the legion am I right?

Now, speculation time. I might be the only one to say this, but what if there is going to be a NEW pantheon in wow. Think about it, they're the prime god when it comes to order...so...why not make a new one, now that sargeras has killed the old pantheon. If this does come to reality, i'd assume that there will be around 4-5 leaders. Anduin, Azeroth, Illidan, YOU, and me'dan (He is in the pantheon just because I needed another dude...he'll most likely have some explanation to do, but that's it...he's not gonna kill sargeras, or the void).

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So, it seems as though blizzard has major plans for anduin this expansion. This really makes me happy to see this because of how much anduin has grown over the years, and seeing as though xera said that illidan was the one to end the age of demons, it all really scared me of anduin. But, I am proud to see that blizzard wants anduins story to go forward. As of now, we've only seen him beomce king of Stormwind, however, there will be 4 short stories in legion, one consisting on anduin dealing with his dad, which will most likely end in massive decisions for him. And lastly, blizzard said that anduin will have one of the most COMPELLING stories in WoW. Talk about an expansion about finding illidan and defeating the legion am I right?

Now, speculation time. I might be the only one to say this, but what if there is going to be a NEW pantheon in wow. Think about it, they're the prime god when it comes to order...so...why not make a new one, now that sargeras has killed the old pantheon. If this does come to reality, i'd assume that there will be around 4-5 leaders. Anduin, Azeroth, Illidan, YOU, and me'dan (He is in the pantheon just because I needed another dude...he'll most likely have some explanation to do, but that's it...he's not gonna kill sargeras, or the void).
    The whole new pantheon idea doesn't really make much sense to me. It's not like you can really replace the Panteon by just sticking four or five random lore characters into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is not close to Velen in term of strength. But I love the character and am definitely looking forward to hear more about him.

How will he handle the Alliance politics? Jaina and Genn are going to be rough toward him, no doubt. What about the legion? With the alliance crumbling down, he cannot go on the broken isles. He has to keep the Alliance united if he even want to wish to stay alive. What's even worse is the perceived Horde betrayal, which will put even more pressure and divide the kingdom.

And of course, how he'll handle the death of his father. That alone will be one of the most important piece of lore in the Warcraft universe.

Velen spoiler:
    With Velen stepping down his role as a peacekeeper, it's very likely that Anduin is going to take a similar role. After all, he is his student.

Magni spoiler:
    Also, with Magni finally freezing out of his crystal prison, I'm intrigued as to how the dynamic between those two will play out. They were incredibly close - per the mace (Fearbreaker) that was given as a gift from Magni to Anduin.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Anduin is not close to Velen in term of strength. But I love the character and am definitely looking forward to hear more about him.

How will he handle the Alliance politics? Jaina and Genn are going to be rough toward him, no doubt. What about the legion? With the alliance crumbling down, he cannot go on the broken isles. He has to keep the Alliance united if he even want to wish to stay alive. What's even worse is the perceived Horde betrayal, which will put even more pressure and divide the kingdom.

And of course, how he'll handle the death of his father. That alone will be one of the most important piece of lore in the Warcraft universe.

Velen spoiler:
    With Velen stepping down his role as a peacekeeper, it's very likely that Anduin is going to take a similar role. After all, he is his student.

Magni spoiler:
    Also, with Magni finally freezing out of his crystal prison, I'm intrigued as to how the dynamic between those two will play out. They were incredibly close - per the mace (Fearbreaker) that was given as a gift from Magni to Anduin.
    Didn't Anduin give the mace to Baine?

Also - Velen no longer a peacekeeper! Yes!! I've dreamed of the day the Draenei get off their high horses and start kicking serious tail. Velen may be the most powerful priest in existence for all we know. If he switches specs to Shadow he's going to leave no mind unturned.

Im pretty sure Anduin will end up with Wrathion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Can't they just kill off the Alliance? Would be easier for us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Didn't Anduin give the mace to Baine?
    He did, but Baine gave it back to him when he warned Jaina and him that Garrosh was planning an attack on Theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Im pretty sure Anduin will end up with Wrathion.
    Andrathion 2016!
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    He did, but Baine gave it back to him when he warned Jaina and him that Garrosh was planning an attack on Theramore.
    Funny you mention that. It still bugs me that Jaina lumped the Tauren into her crusade against the Horde. They've aided the Alliance since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Funny you mention that. It still bugs me that Jaina lumped the Tauren into her crusade against the Horde. They've aided the Alliance since Vanilla.
    Garrosh wasn't a good leader. Baine foresaw it, as his father did. Jaina was the most neutral character in the alliance (beside Anduin) before the bombing of Theramore. Thrall ignored her - when he was the one behind all of this, although unwillingly - and this made her feel betrayed from all side. Taurens are probably the only ones she does not despite.
    Google Diversity Memo

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Anduin is completely lost in Legion. Beloved father is dead (but i believe Varian story didn't ends in Broken Shore and we will learn his fate only after 7.0/7.1). Jaina is angry for him, Genn avoids him and wisdom mentor (Velen) going full revenge mode. Its reminds me of how Arthas was abandoned in his hour of need.

Also there theory what Anduin at some point will be forced to take curse of worgens for saving his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well Anduin is completely lost in Legion. Beloved father is dead (but i believe Varian story didn't ends in Broken Shore and we will learn his fate only after 7.0/7.1). Jaina is angry for him, Genn avoids him and wisdom mentor (Velen) going full revenge mode. Its reminds me of how Arthas was abandoned in his hour of need.

Also there theory what Anduin at some point will be forced to take curse of worgens for saving his life.
    No there isn't. Pretty sure that's some theory you just made up now.

They killed off a real king for one of the most forced characters ever. Well not like WoW lore means anything anymore.

I get the feeling that Anduin will become a little less "soft" through all of it. Sylvanas will eventually push him to action in some way or another and he will come to understand the Shadow side of priesthood as well, and symbolically learn the value of pushing back when shoved.

I'm actually really interested in where this goes, because I feel like Anduin is a character that Blizzard has had plans for for a long, long time and now they're finally realizing them.

That sounds awful.

The new pantheon being a collection of the biggest mary sues in Warcraft story and Illidan. No, just no.

Velen spoiler:
    Why? Velen was never peacekeeper toward the Legion and his renewed will to fight them means he'll be pushing for the factions to stop being retards more than ever.
    Last edited by nonameelf; 2016-06-12 at 07:42 PM.

Velen stopping down from his role of the eternal peacekeeper has no other meaning but to prepare Alliance players for the Exodar being turned into a crossfaction capital spaceship in one of the upcoming expansions, just like they've done with Dalaran. They're setting the lore grounds ready for another big "screw you, its no longer yours" development.

Varian and Garrosh were two good leaders and they basically represented the Alliance and Horde from the past. Killing Garrosh off was a big mistake as the pre-MoP Garrosh was the ideal warchief that had everything it takes to lead the Horde in the old ways(ie Doomhammer's Horde). MoP could've easily ended without Garrosh getting killed and without the entire Orgrimmar raid. Hell, MoP could've been skipped alltogether.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-12 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Call them Mary or Gary Sues, I think the Army of Light being a collective of major lore figure, and your character, is actually a brilliant idea.

Imagine this for an army, neutrally, without how you feel about each individual:

Thrall
    Khadgar
    Anduin
    Magni
    Malfurion
    Illidan
    Velen
    Hell, Wrathion
    You

And other major figures that don't end up dead miserably; whether for pushing meaningless faction conflict or otherwise.

I am not sure why this idea, despite making a lot of sense, doesn't get stomached by some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Killing Garrosh off was a big mistake as the pre-MoP Garrosh was the ideal warchief that had everything it takes to lead the Horde in the old ways(ie Doomhammer's Horde).
    Hey look; someone that can look beyond faction bias around here! Quickly, alert the presses -- we need to interview this young man.

However, I only disagree about the death part. I think his death gave the whole character a richer flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I am not sure why this idea, despite making a lot of sense, doesn't get stomached by some.
    I think its because Blizzard is increasing the threat level exponentially with each expansion, to a level where we will eventually become Space Rangers or get our own Battlestar Galactica(read Exodar) which will transport the "Army of Light" into battle on distant worlds. They tried to slow down with MoP and WoD, but one is just silly from the standpoint of the universe and the other has had a terrible ending story that made no sense at all.

Its too out of frame with what everyone is acquitanced with when it comes to Warcraft. They're unable to keep it simple anymore.

[QUOTE=Kalecgos the Spellweaver;40845667]Call them Mary or Gary Sues, I think the Army of Light being a collective of major lore figure, and your character, is actually a brilliant idea.

Imagine this for an army, neutrally, without how you feel about each individual:

Thrall
    Khadgar
    Anduin
    Magni
    Malfurion
    Illidan
    Velen
    Hell, Wrathion
    You

And other major figures that don't end up dead miserably; whether for pushing meaningless faction conflict or otherwise.

Let me speculate on what the characters might do in the future:

Thrall- I cannot see him fight anymore, the elements dissed him, and now he has a family...so...no.

Khadgar- While I'd love that, I'm afraid that he'll die during the legion gul'dan encounter.

Anduin- I can see him as being the high father if the new pantheon came to be, but instead of a priest, he's a paladin.

Magni- I'd say he would either be a messanger, or a general.

Malfurion- No...atleast...if he lead the druids of the army. Otherwise, no!

Illidan- I'd say he'd be the norgannon of the new order. The keeper of secrets and magics and all, would be really cool.

Velen- This MIGHT be possible, but I'd say let him pull both a maraad, and a ganar. He sacrifices himself to murder kil'jaeden, and when he dies and kil'jaeden lives after, anduin steps in and murders his ass...would be cool. Just imagine if that was the last fight, and this would be anduins MAJOR breaking point, like how goku turned into a super sayian.

Wrathion- He's more or less going to be a messanger.

YOU- You'd be the champion of the new order, taking down enemies, and restoring order towards the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Because it will be Kerrigan redux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

We have yet to see a body soooooo I still dont believe Varian is dead. Give us warriors his weapons for fucks sake.