Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    In fact, I would contend it is you who are the grater threat to the well-being of planet with your 'Only Humans Matter' viewpoint.
    So, if you had a dog caught in a house fire and then your daughter in another room, but you could only save one, you wouldn't save your daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Rofl, no, I'm not messed up for prioritizing humans before animals. The people who put animals as equal to humans or above humans are the ones who are messed up. We're the ones on earth who can wipe a species out, the other species here can't wipe us out, not even get close. We are superior to animals, they're not equals to us.
    If you can't value something 'less superior' to yourself, then that's your shortcoming.

Deleted
    If you can't value something 'less superior' to yourself, then that's your shortcoming.
    I do value them but I don't put them above humans, because they're not.

So, if you had a dog caught in a house fire and then your daughter in another room, but you could only save one, you wouldn't save your daughter?
    So if you had a daughter caught in a house fire and then your son in another room, but you could only save one, which would it be? Because according to your stupid logic, it means you don't care about the other.

Also, it wasn't about which of your own family members would you sacrifice to save your pet, it was talking about non-family members... strangers. But continue to twist words and now the entire premise of the post to fit your narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already laws about protection of animals.
    and those laws are the ones that let me kill some one to protect my pet (property)link in my prev. post. We are superior to animals as you said that is the reason a pets life is above a stranger life

Deleted
    Naturally parents will do whatever they can do save their off-spring. It's called being a parent. The child however would obviously try to save the dog first. Emotional attachment isn't measured by the value of life, but love and there's some basic instincts that steps in.

If the US allows deadly violence because someone damages your property then you really need to change your laws.
    The majority is laughing at you.

Are you even allowed to defend yourself in your country without getting charged? (serious question)

Rofl, no, I'm not messed up for prioritizing humans before animals.
    It's about prioritizing a stranger before a family member.
    That is indeed messed up in the head.

Deleted
    So if you had a daughter caught in a house fire and then your son in another room, but you could only save one, which would it be? Because according to your stupid logic, it means you don't care about the other.
    I never said anything about "not caring about the other". Way to misrepresent what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    heres the thing, any regular stranger, that I just met? I do not care about at all. It doesnt matter whom they are or what they are. They are beneath a dog that Ive had for 5 years/10 year, a parrot/turtle that ive had for 20 years (etc.). WHy? Because I have an emotional connection to the animal over some stranger. So, in this case... its the pet over the human.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Guys i hate to say this but humans are animals.

Saying you'd put a human's life before an animals is like saying you'd prefer tomatoes to tomatoes.
    For this fact I specified Human and Family pet. Not Animal - Yes Human's are considered animals but we are also functioning on a higher level. Sure some dogs can do some amazing things but humans will alway overall be superior.

Again - please keep the flaming to a minimum so we can keep the thread open - a lot of interesting opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The majority is laughing at you.
    No, the majority in my country agrees with me. It's messed up to allow people to murder someone over property.
    Are you even allowed to defend yourself in your country without getting charged? (serious question)
    Sure. Defending yourself isn't the same as defending property though, surely you have insurances that covers property damage?

It's about prioritizing a stranger before a family member.
    That is indeed messed up in the head.
    No, it's not messed up.

If the US allows deadly violence because someone damages your property then you really need to change your laws.
    Well, the US allows shooting people just for them being on your property, whether you damage or threaten anything. Should sum up the value they've placed on human lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I hope the people who answered yes have their lives in the hands of other people who answered yes. Make sure you tell them you understand as you die

Way to misrepresent what I said.
    You are the most entertainment I've had in a while. Thanks for the laugh I had at this statement.

It's pretty much the only thing you've been doing in this entire thread.

Deleted
    You are the most entertainment I've had in a while. Thanks for the laugh I had at this statement.

It's pretty much the only thing you've been doing in this entire thread.
    No, I haven't said animals have no value, I've said they have less value than humans.

We're the ones on earth who can wipe a species out, the other species here can't wipe us out, not even get close. We are superior to animals, they're not equals to us.
    Guess that bacteria/virus is more worth than us then considering it can wipe out our race, or huge chunks of it and have already done so couple of times.

#logic

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the majority in my country agrees with me. It's messed up to allow people to murder someone over property.

Sure. Defending yourself isn't the same as defending property though, surely you have insurances that covers property damage?

No, it's not messed up.
    So only the opinion of the majority in your country matters, I guess that your problem because in my opinion minorities matter not only that but now is a "my country vs yours" and that never ends well. I wont even talk about your other points because i am not from a majority and not from your country.

Not in the US. (Your majority looks damn small in comparison)
    No, it's not messed up.
    Family members aren't given priority to you?
    And you want me to believe that's not fucked up in the head?

7+ Year Old Account
    People like you need to be locked up for the best of society ify ou're hysterical enough to kill people for close to no reason.
    Since when did protecting living things that you're emotionally attached to (albeit, at any cost) start translating to "You're a hysterical sociopath who kills without reason"?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    So only the opinion of the majority in your country matters, I guess that your problem because in my opinion minorities matter not only that but now is a "my country vs yours" and that never ends well. I wont even talk about your other points because i am not from a majority and not from your country.
    Sure, it matters more than in a place where you can allegedly kill someone for just being on your property.

- - - Updated - - -

Family members aren't given priority to you?
    And you want me to believe that's not fucked up in the head?
    Sure, they are, if they are human. Animals, however, are not given priority over humans regardless of whether they're pets or not.