Poll: Would you pay real money to have Flight at Launch in Legion?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A difficult question.

Would I want to? No, of course not. I would rather earn flying however Blizzards says I have to earn it in the game.

But, let us just say for a moment, that I saw in the store that for 15-25 bucks I could get flying and it was the absolute only way I was ever going to get it in the game. If this happened to be the case.. yes.. I likely would purchase flying just so I could have the convience.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Would you pay real life money to have flight enabled for all you toons at max level for Legions launch?
    No. Flight should not be disabled in the first place.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I already do, its called sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sand View Post
    Just saying it is optional doesn't make it so. If you don't explain yourself your claim is hollow.
    Again, it matched the post I quoted.

But then, your claim that it "sure as hell isn't optional" is rock solid, right? Nothing hollow about it ... at all.
    I'm sure you have a long list of things in WoD that required flying.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-06-04 at 07:10 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Flight should not be disabled in the first place.
    QFT.

If people wanna fly, let 'em fly. If they don't, they still have that option. It's just a hamfisted throttle to progression.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    QFT.

If people wanna fly, let 'em fly. If they don't, they still have that option. It's just a hamfisted throttle to progression.
    agreed.

the type of people who want to "live the leveling experience" will choose to walk. those of us who play for end game won't.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

If it was about the price of a combat pet, and unlocked it for every alt, I'd seriously consider it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another topic from lazy player? leave wow, if you are not elegible to make quests, explore maps and stuffs, to unlock your "precious" flying hability

Deleted
    I would pay but not alot.

I remember thinking I would read some quests while leveling an alt some day but 10 100's later still haven't. I just wanna level quickly not seeing anything on the ground to change that. Maybe if they had jumping puzzles of guild wars 2 quality wow ones suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Again, it matched the post I quoted.

But then, your claim that it "sure as hell isn't optional" is rock solid, right? Nothing hollow about it ... at all.
    I'm sure you have a long list of things in WoD that required flying.
    The burden of proof isn't on me.

And what the hell does "it matched the post I quoted." even mean lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next poll on mmochamp

Would you pay for full mythic raid gear.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Would you pay real life money to have flight enabled for all you toons at max level for Legions launch?
    Sure, I'd pay the normal box price for the expansion($40-50). But paying extra? Hell no. Blizzard doesn't get to hold the part of the game I want to play hostage, then charge extra for it. Talk about scummy.

Lets look at it from another angle. How would players react if raids were gated behind the pathfinder achievement, but could pay extra to unlock them at the very beginning?

No, as I don't want to pay anything for the game, however i would pay gold for it as having it would obviously make world quests a lot easier. I'm fine with flying not existing at the start though.

The burden of proof isn't on me.

And what the hell does "it matched the post I quoted." even mean lol?
    What you said was:
    I prefer a limitation on this, I like feeling as if the environment is actually dangerous, I love the feeling of exploration. Easy Flying™ cheapens the whole experience for me.
    Flying doesn't take that away from you, you can just stay on the ground. Voila, using your own words we have proven that flying "sure as hell" is optional.

The fact that your own lack of self control impels you to use flying when it's available doesn't make it any less optional (lol)!
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

This is a P2P game. Things like this do not belong in this game. A lvl 100 boost I can live with since it's a pass to skip OLD content, not gain an advantage in NEW content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I wouldn't mind flying once you hit max level (110), but other than that - you can make it a large sum of gold, just like previous expac's - aka, people could purchase wow tokens now right? Anyway, people get super mad about stuff in game - carrys, or buying expensive things from the black market ah... Who cares, just have fun

I liked not having flight at the launch of Warlords of Draenor. Also, going without flying for that period of time made me appreciate flying for specific tasks (like archaeology) when it finally unlocked.

I wouldn't play real money for it though. I've spent enough on this game in the form of transfers.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    While I liked being able to fly by just buying it with gold upon reaching max level, I think the way to get it by doing certain achievements is okay. In WoD I already had all achievements needed except for the Tanaan Jungle ones, obviously. I think it will be implemented better in legion as well, because they're planning around it from the start of the expansion.

Absolutely, I will savor my p2w previlege while no-fly crowd enjoys themselves in a different manner. Unlocking flight 6 months ~ 1 year + earlier for some minor fee? You have a deal
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic