Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The actual movie, which I just saw, is probably the most violent PG-13 release I've seen in a long time. There was a lot of blood. Regardless of what the rating is of the specific scene, it is inappropriate to have kids see a man choking a woman in a advertisement in public.
    I'll agree with you on the violence part. There was a ton of violence in the movie. My point was that the poster content falls under the G-rating regardless of how you happen to feel about it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think the promotional poster for X-Men: Apocalypse should be Apocalypse holding some flowers and helping an old lady across the street.... After all, we know that those are the values that Apocalypse stands for- he is just really misunderstood.
    You don't need to be hyperbolic to make your point. There is an obvious difference between choosing to not show graphic violence and showing him "holding some flowers and helping an old lady across the street".

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well... the movies are meh sooooooooo
    Except that they're excellent soooooo

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'll agree with you on the violence part. There was a ton of violence in the movie. My point was that the poster content falls under the G-rating regardless of how you happen to feel about it.
    Not really. Your example of a cartoon bug almost crushing another one as G content does not make a man choking a woman G rated.

The actual movie, which I just saw, is probably the most violent PG-13 release I've seen in a long time. There was a lot of blood. Regardless of what the rating is of the specific scene, it is inappropriate to have kids see a man choking a woman in a advertisement in public.
    The world isnt all sunshine and roses... not every1 is a winner nor is a movie real life...

I been watching violent movies, playing violent games, watch random violent things on tv for basically my whole life, but im not a bad person. Id never lay a finger on a man or women, unless they threw a punch first, I live by equality if you want to fight expect to be hit. Thats what this is about right, equality?

Wrong. This kind of thinking is just wrong. It follows the same premise as abstinence being the only responsible stance on sex or alcohol. Sheltering children doesn't work. Pretending it doesn't happen helps no one, especially not our children.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Wrong. This kind of thinking is just wrong. It follows the same premise as abstinence being the only responsible stance on sex or alcohol. Sheltering children doesn't work. Pretending it doesn't happen helps no one, especially not our children.
    agreed in fact it does the opposite and makes the issue worse lol

Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    The world isnt all sunshine and roses... not every1 is a winner nor is a movie real life...

I been watching violent movies, playing violent games, watch random violent things on tv but im not a bad person. Id never lay a finger on a man or women, unless they threw a punch first, I live by equality if you want to fight expect to be hit. Thats what this is about right, equality?
    I'm not going to bite off more than I can chew and start an entire debate about you or I's worldview. I will just say that I think children are overexposed to blatantly violent and sexual imagery far too often. This isn't something you really worry about until you either raise kids or be around them for extended periods of time.

This exposure has obviously bad effects in how it numbs people to violent and bad behavior. It might not blur the moral line for many people but it is strange that people want to live in a society where the worst aspects of it are glorified in entertainment.

Not really. Your example of a cartoon bug almost crushing another one as G content does not make a man choking a woman G rated.
    His name is fucking Apocalypse. Hes the end of times. Hes done far more than Choke a single woman. Hes wiped out races of people. Sorry but stop shettlering children and maby we wouldnt have a generation of pussys crying about a fucking movie poster.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    You seem to think more exposure raises more awareness instead of simply numbing people to problems by making them seem like trivial elements of a movie.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-06-05 at 04:41 AM.

You don't need to be hyperbolic to make your point. There is an obvious difference between choosing to not show graphic violence and showing him "holding some flowers and helping an old lady across the street".
    I only responded that way because if you compare the X-Men poster to the thousands of other ads out there it isn't shocking at all. I pass thousands of ads a day, people with guns shooting, scantily clad women, explosions, suggestive drug use, liquor, etc. Many of them would not qualify as "g" rated. I don't notice anyone calling for the removal of all of these ads, yet the X-men poster causes a stir?

You can't hide things from children. They are way too curious and find out plenty on their own. The best thing you can do is really to explain it to them so that they understand. "See Apocalypse- he is a bad evil man, you shouldn't treat people that way... etc). Turn it into a life lesson, be creative.

This exposure has obviously bad effects in how it numbs people to violent and bad behavior. It might not blur the moral line for many people but it is strange that people want to live in a society where the worst aspects of it are glorified in entertainment.
    Then put them into an opaque bubble and never let them out untill they are 18. How do you think we as a society got to where we are now? You think the pioneers of our country fucking shettlered children of animal killing or violence or the wars with indians? No. It wasnt untill recently people lost thier shit and want to protect thier children from every bad thing in the world. Then we get a generation of people = to the ones that are crying about this poster. As someone said if it was a man choking a man no one would care. And thats far more sexist of a fact than him choking a woman. So get over it or move somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    His name is fucking Apocalypse. Hes the end of times. Hes done far more than Choke a single woman. Hes wiped out races of people. Sorry but stop shettlering children and maby we wouldnt have a generation of pussys crying about a fucking movie poster.
    Children have becoming increasingly less sheltered over time to violence. There is a counter movement to the increasing exposure of racial and sexual abuse but there hasn't been one to the increasing acceptance of the depiction of violence in the media.

I'm not going to bite off more than I can chew and start an entire debate about you or I's worldview. I will just say that I think children are overexposed to blatantly violent and sexual imagery far too often. This isn't something you really worry about until you either raise kids or be around them for extended periods of time.

no but turning every child into some1 such as yourself seeking to always be victimized some way shape or form is what is ruining this generation every1 is always offended over something that is pure stupidity. People need to grow up know the true difference between right and wrong and actually be a parent to their children instead of letting them do what they will and seeing what they want without the proper knowledge and guidance.

Its a poster.
    If you cant see the difference between that and real world you can jump into psych central.

Children have becoming increasingly less sheltered over time to violence. There is a counter movement to the increasing exposure of racial and sexual abuse but there hasn't been one to the increasing acceptance of the depiction of violence in the media.
    again they are far more sheltered than the children that passed through the past 2000 years before us.

Yes really. I realize that you don't know what you're talking about and are saying what a G-Rating SHOULD mean TO YOU, but I'm talking about the actual film qualification standards. I can list an endless amount of G rated movies that show non-gore male on female violence. Mulan? Toy story? Pocahontas? Fern gully sort of?

Do you know why I can do this? Because it doesn't go against the motion picture rating system.

You're 100% in the wrong here on a technical level. If your beliefs of what a G-Rated movie SHOULD be are different, then that's completely fine. But you aren't going to win an argument against how it ACTUALLY is. Sorry.

Just say, "this is how it should be in my opinion", instead of, "this is how it is", because then you won't get called objectively wrong.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-06-05 at 04:43 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Probably because people have been ringing that bell forever, and yet trends are going in the opposite direction. I'll never understand how people think depicting something is glorifying it.

It is not the exposure that is causing the problems. Children will eventually see all this crap anyway. It is the lack of parenting. It is parents, not taking the time to explain how the world is to their children. When you hide things, they eventually come out and cause an even bigger problem then if you just dealt with the problem in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Probably because people have been ringing that bell forever, and yet trends are going in the opposite direction. I'll never understand how people think depicting something is glorifying it.
    I agree. They are telling a story. The violence is part of that story. Just because it is part of the story does not mean it is glorified in anyway. In fact, I think the heroes are the ones glorified, they save the day and all that...