Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde EU Turket deal illegal according to Amnesty International

https://www.amnesty.org/en/press-rel...urkey-illegal/

Summary: The EU must immediately stop the return of refugees to Turkey according to Amnest international in their new report. The deal between the EU and Turkey is apparently build upon the false claim that it is a safe country for refugees.

A large part of the complaint is that refugees are forced to work to get a home and dont just get them for free from the tax payers.

What do you guys think about Turkey as a non safe zone? I didnt know there was a war there except for the skirmishes with the PKK?

Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions?

It is a safe country. Amnesty International being Amnesty International more news at 11.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck them.

And fuck these migrants who are leaving unironically ''safe spaces'' provided by Lebanon, Turkey and others in the region.
    It`s pretty amusing how they are ready to take a journey of more than 1000 km`s just to get to The Welfare Republic of Deutschistan and Sverigstan.

My little shithole which agreed to take few hundreds of them last year is still struggling to find families - no single men policy - that will want to live here. You know, we can`t give them money to buy PS4 or offer services like public swimming pools for free.
    Last edited by Paklaaji; 2016-06-03 at 08:23 PM.

It is less safer than it previously was, but not a warzone (safe for few cities).

Deleted

Trying to emotionally sway by putting pictures like this in an "official" report, lol.

Why don't the millions of immigrants not simply take up arms and reclaim their home land?

They surely can't be outnumbered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey isn't a safe place. Europe shouldn't be dealing with them, and Turkey has no business being a member of the EU. But the EU is making bad decisions because they're desperate to solve the refugee problem without actually getting involved in the middle east conflicts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post

Summary: The EU must immediately stop the return of refugees to Turkey according to Amnest international in their new report. The deal between the EU and Turkey is apparently build upon the false claim that it is a safe country for refugees.

A large part of the complaint is that refugees are forced to work to get a home and dont just get them for free from the tax payers.

What do you guys think about Turkey as a non safe zone? I didnt know there was a war there except for the skirmishes with the PKK?

Nobody gives a shit what Amnesty International thinks. I'm not about to begin now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post

omg.. god forbid they are made to actual earn a living and not just be handed everything on a platter. They speak the same language so being made to work isnt exactly the end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Turkey isn't a safe place. Europe shouldn't be dealing with them, and Turkey has no business being a member of the EU. But the EU is making bad decisions because they're desperate to solve the refugee problem without actually getting involved in the middle east conflicts.
    So your suggesting that what?

Europe sends everybody back?

If you think that just dumping them on Turkey is going to work and is something Turkey would accept then I'm grateful our German overlords are much smarter then the average person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey is definitely a poor place for refugees; Turkey can't even provide its own citizens with decent quality of life, let alone those it couldn't care less about. That said, calling it "illegal" seems like overly far-fetched; are there international laws that prohibit relocating refugees between countries, as long as their life isn't threatened?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Turkey is definitely a poor place for refugees; Turkey can't even provide its own citizens with decent quality of life, let alone those it couldn't care less about. That said, calling it "illegal" seems like overly far-fetched; are there international laws that prohibit relocating refugees between countries, as long as their life isn't threatened?
    the people being "moved" arent under refugee status. they are under asylum applications. Rules are different. Asylum law is "the next safe nation" so passing through 4,5 or 6 safe countries to get to Germany/sweden/w.e makes you look like a general migrant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    the people being "moved" arent under refugee status. they are under asylum applications. Rules are different. Asylum law is "the next safe nation" so passing through 4,5 or 6 safe countries to get to Germany/sweden/w.e makes you look like a general migrant
    Yes, but if someone has already passed through them, uncaught - can they be moved back to the first safe nation? I've always thought they could, so the claim of it being "illegal" in this case doesn't seem to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, but if someone has already passed through them, uncaught - can they be moved back to the first safe nation? I've always thought they could, so the claim of it being "illegal" in this case doesn't seem to be true.
    in a way yes. if they pass through other safe contries to get to a "preferred" country, they are really just standard migrants who you don't have to actually let in. EU dublin agreement means they can be moved between EU nations this way. the Turkey thing is a "special" deal.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you can deny such wandering refugees landfall in Germany. But you have to take them in for the time being their application is filed and denied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So your suggesting that what?

Europe sends everybody back?

If you think that just dumping them on Turkey is going to work and is something Turkey would accept then I'm grateful our German overlords are much smarter then the average person.
    Yes, Europe ships them back to whatever non-EU country was the last one they entered. I don't really care what Turkey thinks. It's just another middle eastern Islamist dictatorship or it will be given Erdogan's tendencies and a few more years.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post

Trying to emotionally sway by putting pictures like this in an "official" report, lol.
    Emotionally sway? He looks like he is out of breath from running. QUICKLY, COME TO MY COUNTRY!

Well that's it then, cant send them away now.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, Europe ships them back to whatever non-EU country was the last one they entered. I don't really care what Turkey thinks. It's just another middle eastern Islamist dictatorship or it will be given Erdogan's tendencies and a few more years.
    Yeah....and turkey will / could just say fuck because they aren't our citizens and we have no legal obligation to take them back.

So then Europe has to do what then? Just forcefully drop them off in Turkish land or water? That would be a act of war because Turkish government wouldn't authorize that.

And now you just entered a military conflict with your own ally (since Turkey is a ally nation for most of European nations) because your lack of understanding something simple is limited to ''they are muslims so we hate them'' argument.
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-06-04 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Yeah....and turkey will / could just say fuck because they aren't our citizens and we have no legal obligation to take them back.

So then Europe has to do what then? Just forcefully drop them off in Turkish land or water? That would be a act of war because Turkish government wouldn't authorize that.

And now you just entered a military conflict with your own ally (since Turkey is a ally nation for most of European nations) because your lack of understanding something simple is limited to ''they are muslims so we hate them'' argument.
    Turkeys blackmailing of EU has already been an act of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.