Coming back to wow - Few general questions

Hello, I played wow on and off since beta. I played dreanor a bit. Coming back for legion and wanted to play a bit to get ready.

I have a 90 priest I will be taking as my main in legion...

Do I need to do the garrison stuff? I would prefer to level through healing 5man lfg.

I can play remotely at work. Does anyone else do this? What could I do that is beneficial?

you do not need to do garrison stuff, it will not transfer as anything relevant in legion.

what you could do that is beneficial for legion is basicly anything now. i would suggest getting as much gold as possible and also skilling up professions to max. since having alot of gold in the beginning of an exp is very good (especially for legion with the 200k lvl 101 epic ring that will be good even in beginning of 110 raiding and with a built in hs to dalaran) (and ofc, the 2 milion gold spider mount).
    Professions will have a MUCH bigger part in legion. so if you even thought about skilling them all up (secondary aswell) to max, its now you should do it.

also, farming transmog and saving them in bank until prepatch is a good idea, since they will all be included in a "wardrobe"ish tab in legion. and you can then delete the items and you will keep the cosmetic look of them to use at any time still.

i would also suggest leveling alts, since all classes are going through big changes and could all of a sudden be very interesting for you. also. all classes get alot more lore attached to them gameplay wise. so might be fun to try that out. if your into that stuff.

Deleted
    Well hard to give you advice without know what type of player you are. By that I mean do you intent to focus on PvE? or PvP? If so what level glad/mythic raider? Or heroic and the pvp equivalent? Or normal raiding? Or do you just want to do pet battles? Hunt achievements?

Regardless I would just recommend making some gold for the expansion as it is fairly easy to do in the down time. Unfortunately you cannot completely ignore your garrison. I would level your priest to level 100 and go to tanaan jungle and get myself set of upgraded baleful. I know this will take some time but in my opinion it pays off. With your geared priest I would solo the Cata 25hc raids. You will roughly make 7k a week by doing 4 raids. (FL, BWD, BoT and DS)

Right, those are important details. I plan on playing a priest healing in PvE. Hopefully doing mythic. I am a very competitive gamer. I have a friend who will be tanking. But I guess gold always related.

Thanks for the help

If you plan to basically just raid in legion, (and until then you're just leveling thru dungeons, then raiding WOD), yeah, you can just skip it.
    On the other hand if you enjoy other stuff... skipping it means skipping out on mounts, pets, achievements, transmogs and titles. All depends on whether you value those things or not, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    Well hard to give you advice without know what type of player you are. By that I mean do you intent to focus on PvE? or PvP? If so what level glad/mythic raider? Or heroic and the pvp equivalent? Or normal raiding? Or do you just want to do pet battles? Hunt achievements?

Regardless I would just recommend making some gold for the expansion as it is fairly easy to do in the down time. Unfortunately you cannot completely ignore your garrison. I would level your priest to level 100 and go to tanaan jungle and get myself set of upgraded baleful. I know this will take some time but in my opinion it pays off. With your geared priest I would solo the Cata 25hc raids. You will roughly make 7k a week by doing 4 raids. (FL, BWD, BoT and DS)
    Also, if you like PvP then Ashran is a very nice play to gear up quickly with honour gear. Gear up with baleful + honour gear and you're set for the expansion. Should be 1-2 weeks to get to ilvl 700 per toon, depending on how much you do Ashran. Less if you combine it with a gladiator sanctum in the garrison.

What I'm doing while waiting for the expansion is leveling some alts and gearing them to close to ilvl 700, just to make the 100-101 leveling process a bit more painless once Legion hits. But don't burn out, take your time.
    Last edited by aktorsyl; 2016-06-05 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyMonster View Post
    Right, those are important details. I plan on playing a priest healing in PvE. Hopefully doing mythic. I am a very competitive gamer. I have a friend who will be tanking. But I guess gold always related.

Thanks for the help
    If you do plan on raiding, I would advise you to gear up as quickly as you somehow can, get some experience in HFC and find a raiding guild that suits you. I would not recommend waiting until Legion to find a guild, ideally you will want to be a raider in your guild already at that point.

Especially if you want to play a healer and you limiting yourself to one class. I know from the guild I raided in (took a break during HFC but will be coming back for legion) that they do not like taking healers they do not know. Even more so if it is progress in the first raid of the new expansion. Which is in my experience usually the messiest because people have to make a substantial effort to gear their character as much as possible without having the raid gear from last tier.

You say you are a competitive gamer but if you are no experience since MoP and I do not know what kind of exact experience you have there, you will have a hard time getting into a mythic guild right off that bat. Unless you know multiple raiders in a guild who will vouch for you. I would advise you to aim for getting a 13/13hc guild and maybe a couple of mythic kills, 5/15 mythic maybe for HFC. If you can get more brilliant, but I would not expect too much, many guilds are bored of the content or taking breaks so unlikely to test new trials right now. Maybe again close to 7.0. Stay in that guild until at least full HC clear of Emerald Nightmare and then decide if you want to go to a guild with more progress. Also make sure to have logs when applying to any guild, even if it is just LFR, better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just chill really, nothing you do now will really matter in Legion, you will have what amounts to top of the line gear now from quest greens and blues at level 104 and in Legion it does not even matter what level your profession is, you can have 1 in Mining or whatever and it won't matter at all. Just get a character or two to 100.

You could grind some gold, that can give a small boost at the start, that's all. Also you can collect some transmog gear from old raids and such.

Alternatively what you could do is maybe level and alt or two in case Priest won't satisfy you due to Legion changes.

Don't overexert yourself really, pre-expansion event hits like in 2 months from now top and you won't be able to do anything that will matter by then anyway.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-06-05 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    It's too late to bother with garrisons - getting your followers to 675 takes too long, especially when there's 25 of them.

Just chillax, get to like 700 ilvl before Legion and you'll be completely fine.