View Poll Results: Should Blizzard enable Flight on Beta for a week to show us that its ready?

Voters
281. This poll is closed
  • Yes, please!

65 23.13%
  • No, thanks.

93 33.10%
  • I don't care.

102 36.30%
  • No, I don't enjoy flight - others shouldn't also!

21 7.47%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should Blizzard enable Flight on Beta for a week to show us that its ready?

The question is simple.

I'll create a poll, post your opinions.

Deleted
    Is flying still a thing?

Nope, Blizzard owes you absolutely nothing in that regard.

LOL. To show you that it's ready?

It's incredible what expectations people have. You act as if they owed you something. And as if the beta was there to prove something to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Agree completely. Blizzard doesn't owe us a damn thing, we're not in a relationship. We are involved in a business transaction where they provide the product and we decide if we want to spend money on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They owe us everything, because flight was an integral feature since LK and we spent several thousand gold with each character to unlock it in the first place.

Now they can't even deliver on their promise to unlock flight when we're done with all open world content.

Pretty clear they stated where they stand. You would be right that it wasn't totally ready in WoD. Because it started with an expansion that wouldn't have flying. Pretty much sums up why flying wasn't really ready in that one. At least if blind emotion doesn't blind simple logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Is flying still a thing?
    Should see all the anti-flyers flying around in WoD, I don't know why they just don't use their ground mounts.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can nearly complete the first achievement for flying in the Beta. Once the bugs get resolved and get the quest credit for the ones that aren't currently getting, then it will be complete. As for testing flight? No real need. All the maps are done the correct way and you don't need to go back and reprogram zones alla Vanilla when BC came out.

You will just have to wait till most likely the final content patch of Legion before you can fly. Since no numbers for the amount of content patches have been announced, I'm looking forward to it. Also flying isn't needed. You can get to places pretty fast no mater what.

Why does a future patch's feature need to be ready in beta? I mean, it would make total sense if the world was already created with flying in mind, but why would anyone require a proof half a year prior?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Why does a future patch's feature need to be ready in beta? I mean, it would make total sense if the world was already created with flying in mind, but why would anyone require a proof half a year prior?
    To prevent another "wait for 6.2.2" fiasco and to calm down the people who still complain.

Good example of how sad this community is right here.
    Why would it need to be ready either way, and even if its not why should you care?
    ITS TRAVEL.
    Get over it.
    Flying is nice to have but would ruin a lot of the start of the expansion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Pretty clear they stated where they stand. You would be right that it wasn't totally ready in WoD. Because it started with an expansion that wouldn't have flying. Pretty much sums up why flying wasn't really ready in that one. At least if blind emotion doesn't blind simple logic.
    Do you call Blizzard liars?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Good example of how sad this community is right here.
    Why would it need to be ready either way, and even if its not why should you care?
    ITS TRAVEL.
    Get over it.
    Flying is nice to have but would ruin a lot of the start of the expansion.
    Like it ruined everything at the start of tbc, wotlk, cata and MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They owe us everything, because flight was an integral feature since LK and we spent several thousand gold with each character to unlock it in the first place.

Now they can't even deliver on their promise to unlock flight when we're done with all open world content.
    And you got to fly in Wrath after spending that gold. Then you got to fly in Cata after spending more. Then MoP for more. Then they changed how you earn it in WoD.

You aren't losing Flying. Flying is't being taken away. You can still use it where you earned it. Blizzard owes you nothing, you haven't earned Flying in Legion yet.

Once you complete all the world content, including patch content, you'll unlock it account wide forever in the Broken Isles. That way you won't even have to spend "thousands of gold per character" and you need never feel entitled again. It's a win/win.

Deleted
    yes. Add flying into an expansion that was designed from the ground up to walk around in and feel big. Add the thing that makes worlds feel smaller and denies any sense of wonder in roaming around in a world so people can complain a month in that everything is too easy to get too and too fast to do. pls.

To prevent another "wait for 6.2.2" fiasco and to calm down the people who still complain.
    There was no fiasco except in your mind because you are an entitled baby.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    And you got to fly in Wrath after spending that gold. Then you got to fly in Cata after spending more. Then MoP for more. Then they changed how you earn it in WoD.

You aren't losing Flying. Flying is't being taken away. You can still use it where you earned it. Blizzard owes you nothing, you haven't earned Flying in Legion yet.

Once you complete all the world content, including patch content, you'll unlock it account wide forever in the Broken Isles. That way you won't even have to spend "thousands of gold per character" and you need never feel entitled again. It's a win/win.
    Pretty sure I bought flying on Azeroth already.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    that's why they won't get my money so it's even. all is well

what enjoyment do you get from coming on a WoW forum and talking about how you don't play WoW anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Flight Master's License Passive
    Requires level 60
    Allows you to ride flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Deepholm.

Doesn't say anything about Azeroth or Broken Isles there, ace.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, yes.

You'd have a better position if you were arguing for flying in Silvermoon and Exodar than continents from subsequent expansions.

The perceived fiasco about WoD flying was the "maybe" followed by "no" followed by "yes". 6.2.2 was just a symptom. In Legion, we got a definitive "yes...eventually", which should've already calmed those complaining (or stirred them depending on preferences I suppose)