Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I once dislocated my knee joint, sideways, when I feel down. I thought, in the sheer about of pain I felt then, that I'd be crippled, but I managed to force it back into the joint, and then needed to week to recover and walk normally again.

Also, I was in a car crash with my parents, when my dad pulled the car out from the car park to fast, and we were impacted on the side of the car, totalling it. I can say by experience that your life does kind of flash before your eyes, but afterward I somehow managed to pull myself together enough to get out of the car, get my parents out, who were in hysterics, and push the car off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    In the army a fellow soldier almost shot me by accident. The bullets (note plural!) hit like 10cm from my feet.
    Was shot by "Friendly fire" in Somalia (we were "winning" when I was there) , long story short, firefight on patrol,ended with all "my team" alive and well ,hung around waiting for the place to be secure...went home, didn't know it happened until we returned to base about 4 hours later and peeling off my flak jacket (yeah...before real armor) I noticed my "blouse" was red and ...the jacket would not come off easy,almost like it was stuck/attached to me. Found 2 rounds stuck in the "jacket" and 1 mushroomed then cut into my mid ribs,kind of forming a rivet attachment to the rest of my clothing,gear and flesh. the other was just nicely stuck into the jacket.
    Put a simple bandage on it, was healed over in a week or so.
    No pain or any other sign of an issue, have a small pea sized scar to this day on my rib/chest.

or

During Jump school one of the "birds" we were in and jumping from had a mechanical issue mid flight, all the control surface (or most of them anyway) locked up/ seized .
    The plane shook,jerked and dropped like we were bb's in a can being shaken by an angry 5 year old.
    The jump masters all yelled ...nearly panicked ...,"If we are going down , it IS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!!"
    That was my 2-3 Qualifying jump.
    We landed safe, the guys at the controls were pretty amazing.
    They basically landed,safely in a giant brick.

Probably why I HATE flying now days, without a chute on my back.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-06-04 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    i have moments in my dreams that randomly happen irl, only for a few seconds but they scare me

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I had cancer.
    I can beat that many times over

1. I didn't have cancer but I had a medical issue that required a major surgery to survive. I was in the 6th grade. now 30 and I'll need a transplant to live.

2. My sister almost killed us... It was snowing up the mountain we had no chains.. She was trying to reach a cabin with her friends to party. This was a small road with a cliff drop on the other side. The first time we slid down the hill I cried and told her I wanted to go home. she didn't listen to her crying sister. she drove on and we started sliding down the hill towards the cliff. I thought we were gonna die right then and there. Thankfully, the truck hit a ditch before the cliff face and we were stuck there all night in the freezing cold till I went for help in the morning. To this day I have never forgivin her for nearly killing us all. I was 15

3. My mother has bipolar schizoaffective disorder.. one day my parents were fighting.. this was the norm btw.. my mom would almost always get violent with my dad.. with knifes too anything she could use to hurt him. so... one night they were fighting we were told to go upstairs to our rooms. there was yelling and sucffles then all of a sudden silents. my mom comes up the stairs.. says "dont you dare go down there." I thought she killed my dad. i waited till the lights were out.. i thought i was being sneaky..In the dark, I start going down stairs to go look for him. i get to the second flight and all of sudden my mom pushes me down the stairs and beats the shit out of me. while she is doing that i'm looking for a body. i must have blocked the rest out because I don't remember what happend after that. my dad is alive and he did get full custody of us when they divorced.

i have more stories. but you get the idea of how my life was growing up.

Nearly choked to death when I was 8 because I didn't chew a piece of steak well enough, I got so close to death that I blacked out before I got heimliched out of it. Alone that wouldn't have been so bad, but not a week before I lost a 4-year old cousin to a choking death, so it gave me a very good dose of mortality.

You don't want to see an eight year old contemplative about mortality.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the scariest things I ever experienced was waking up midnight choking from my own gastric acid. I couldn't breath for long periods of time and for a brief period during spasms I could pull some air just enough to not pass out. It kept going like that for some horrible long minutes. The spams stopped after I finally blacked out.

It was a life changing experience.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have a few experiences that come to mind, but seeing 2 tornados ("sisters" as they called it in Twister) heading straight for my house when I was about 8 years old was about the worst. I've been in bad car accidents, a scary police situation where they were a little trigger happy, a bad cancer scare, and a couple times fishing on a boat when mistakes were made...but still for whatever reason the tornado time takes the cake. There's something about seeing something that big and powerful in nature happening that really makes you look at things in a different perspective.

Deleted
    I fell down from roof of 3 story building when I was a teenager, down on rocks.

Concussion, broken arm, couple of broken ribs. Spent few months in hospital. Docs said it was a miracle I survived. Had problems moving left arm for a decade or so after that, then eventually it fixed itself.

One of the scarier incidents I can remember was while I was in high school. Was in gym class, and the teachers had us playing some really really dumb game with these foam balls. Each team had a player with a hockey stick, and someone threw a ball my way that I went to hit out of the air. My fingers were spread apart, and the person on our team with the hockey stick tried to slash down on the ball. They cut deep into my hand, between my fingers. I have never screamed so many curse words so loudly before in my life.

I had lost feeling in my hand maybe a second after I was hit. When I went to look between my fingers where I was hit, I could see inside my hand. Ended up getting stiches and thankfully avoided having any nerve damage. I thought I was gonna end up losing a finger or lose feeling in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    One of the scariest things I ever experienced was waking up midnight choking from my own gastric acid. I couldn't breath for long periods of time and for a brief period during spasms I could pull some air just enough to not pass out. It kept going like that for some horrible long minutes. The spams stopped after I finally blacked out.

It was a life changing experience.
    Oh my gosh, that sounds awful!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

When I was younger I awoke to a large black dog pinning me down to my bed, looking right into my eyes. After a few terrifying moments I blinked and it vanished.

I didn't learn that was called "sleep paralysis" for far too many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When I was younger I awoke to a large black dog pinning me down to my bed, looking right into my eyes. After a few terrifying moments I blinked and it vanished.

Don't worry, it's not sleep paralysis. It's just alien abduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

First time I was shot at was pretty damn scary.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

A lightning hit a tree a was playing under when i was 7 ...

Also did fall asleep driving on the Freeway going 120 km/h woke up when the car spinned off the road to the side .. if there was other cars, a fence or a tree i would pretty sure be dead.

Deleted
    This happened to me when i was around 6 years old.

I was in my garden playing in the snow at around 8pm when i suddenly hear a scream that sounded like it was coming from a fucking demon, our house was also surrounded by a deep dark forest which made the thing 100 times scarier. That scream will haunt me until the end of my days.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Over the years I've learned that it's best to not open your eyes if you're paralyzed. I've seen some Grudge level shit by opening my eyes during sleep paralysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Other than falling into an endless darkness during dreams.... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Over the years I've learned that it's best to not open your eyes if you're paralyzed. I've seen some Grudge level shit by opening my eyes during sleep paralysis.
    21 years and I have never tried that sleep paralysis thing (to my knowledge). Kinda jelly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The incredibly rare scenario where closing your eyes actually does make the monster go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    21 years and I have never tried that sleep paralysis thing (to my knowledge). Kinda jelly here.
    The way I knew for sure was that looking back, even though the dog would've been pinning me down with 4 paws, I couldn't move anything.

Sometimes I wonder if I grew up in a house that believed in tea leaf reading whether they would've taken that as a sign and pushed me down that road. I only even know about that from Harry Potter.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-06-04 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Get very busy, very stressed, and then sleep like 4-5 hours a day for a while. That's basically what triggers it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?